Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-13-2006, 02:55 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 155/137/120

Default newbie here, need advice

Hi there...I'm new to the site and need some advice. I'm trying to lose about 20lbs. I've belonged to the YMCA for a year and half now and have gone faithfully. I watch what I eat, but my problem is that I have gained and lost the same 10lbs in this year and a half. It's almost spring/summer and last year during the spring/summer I woke up everyday with my hands and feet swollen. I carry all of my weight in my butt and thighs, plus I'm only 4'11" so every pound counts. I just feel so discouraged. I feel like I'm doing everything right but it's not happening. Any suggestions, advice or support is greatly, greatly appreciated!
littlem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 03:12 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Hi and welcome. I suggest that you do lots of reading here at 3fc. There are some awesome folks who walk the walk!
How about if you tell us what you do at the Y and what you eat. Sometimes all that's needed is a little tweaking.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 03:30 PM   #3  
Working on Hot!

S/C/G: 242/225/175

Hi I try to walk 4 miles a day....I have lost alot in my legs...every week I lose about 1 to 1 1/2 in my hips...you may want to try walking
la3y_un1c0rn_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 03:53 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanB
Hi and welcome. I suggest that you do lots of reading here at 3fc. There are some awesome folks who walk the walk!
How about if you tell us what you do at the Y and what you eat. Sometimes all that's needed is a little tweaking.
Ok...let's see. I usually take 2 cycling classes a week and on the other 2-3 days I do the stairmill and then free weights with some circuit. I have been doing lunges as well....usually about 250-350 lunges a week.

As far as eating goes, for breakfast it's usually toast with either peanut butter or ICBINB spray and jelly. Lunch is usually a lean cuisine or weight watchers frozen meal. Dinner is my nemesis as I usually don't eat til after 7:30 but I try to do a lean meat, veggies, salad and a bread or roll. I did manage to lose the first 20lbs when I was working a different schedule and I always was done eating dinner by 6:00. Unfortunately that is impossible for me to do now as my work schedule has changed.

wow...thanks for any suggestions you might have. I really need them!
Old 03-13-2006, 03:58 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by la3y_un1c0rn_37
Hi I try to walk 4 miles a day....I have lost alot in my legs...every week I lose about 1 to 1 1/2 in my hips...you may want to try walking
Wow..do you walk on a treadmill? If so, what speed and incline?
Old 03-13-2006, 04:06 PM   #6  
Working on Hot!

I do both I walk at work outside for 2 miles and then I go home and walk 2 miles at 3.7mph with no incilne

My goal is to do 30 miles in a week some times I dont make it but I keep trying......
Old 03-13-2006, 04:12 PM   #7  
DIVA

You mentioned that your feet and hands are swollen at times. You may need to watch your sodium intake and increase your water. You may also talk to a doctor because there may be one or two things small things that you need to change for your body type that will make a huge difference.

Good Luck!
Curves4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 04:17 PM   #8  
Working on Hot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curves4Life
You mentioned that your feet and hands are swollen at times. You may need to watch your sodium intake and increase your water. You may also talk to a doctor because there may be one or two things small things that you need to change for your body type that will make a huge difference.

Good Luck!
True I have the same problem you got to look out for that salt....