Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-26-2005, 11:19 PM   #16  
Half Dome Hike 2006!

Oh....I had a pretty nice weekend too. Saturday felt a bit more like Christmas because I spent the day with my girlfriend's family. Yesterday (Christmas) was actually pretty relaxing though (even though on my own). I slept in, opened gifts, then went to the gym for 2+ hours (and hey, I was NOT alone there!), then home sort of catatonic while I recovered from the workout (LOL), then a movie (Rumor has It--very funny), then visiting with family (via phone), reading, etc.

Linda, I hope your day went well and that you were able to enjoy things. boy, your comment about your mom and the turkey--made me remember the "Spaghetti & Onion Rings" Christmas. It was the first Christmas that my dad had visitation with my sisters and I (there are 4 of us). I was 14/15. He had a girlfriend that he was picking up at the airport. His mother (our paternal grandmother) came for the day, but he & his mom had a HUGE fight (nothing new) and she left. On the way to the airport to pick up his girlfriend, he dropped the four of us off at Denney's with some cash for our Christmas dinner. I'll never forget catching the waitresses talking about us. We were so bummed by the whole day at that point that we all ordered our favorites off the menu--spaghetti with sides of onion rings. I haven't thought about that in some time. It's so much nicer to set our own traditions, isn't it?

Tracy
NowOrNever! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 06:11 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 271/249/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyfulVegGirl
Dianne, thank you. I don't mind sharing at all, and I hope it helps someone stay on track.

CBETA, so much can happen in a year. You might be alone next year, or you might be with people you care about. Your ex's wife might not arrive, your friend might not have their BF, you might have new friends or a special someone... there's just no telling what will happen. You sound lonely now. Are you happy with the way your life is? You say that no one cares and that you're scared... is your fear of this getting in the way of you seeing what you want? What's important to you? Where would you like to be next year? Regardless of what other people do you're the one who really has power of your life and where it'll be in a year.

I hope everyone got through the weekend ok! I had a nice, relaxing holiday. I got in my veggies and water and exercise. It felt great

Jen, yes I am bummed out but you are right who knows. I never thought of searching for a forum like this, and then one time it hit me and I am very glad i am here. I think I know what I want, but I don't always take the time to connect the dots, and reask the question "will that help me accomplish my goal, or will it be a set back". Perhaps often in the spur of the moment I dont' want to ask that question, but I should. I used to believe that how lame, noone asks themselves. and then oh wow I found out just the opposite. They do but not so obviously like I have to. Just like I don't need to think twice if offered pot, my answer is no, same for them, they don't take another slice of something as they feel they are full rather than think of the great taste.....sorry I left off the topic.
I know, I am an optimist and next everythign will be better, we learn from our misstakes, and I am working on it.
Thank you for your kind words and support. I do have a lot of work to do on myself....
CBETA is offline   Reply With Quote