Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-12-2005, 04:56 PM   #1  
Powered by tofu

S/C/G: 207/203/140ish ??

Height: 5'4''

Default Fell off the boat, climbing back in.

I have the worst time getting back to the gym after something disrupts my schedule. Like if I’m out of town, or last week when I was sick with a head cold, and I don’t make it to the gym for a few days, I have a hard time getting back to my routine. I was probably well enough by Saturday to have gone in for a work out, but I still haven’t been. I plan to go to water aerobics tonight, hopefully I will feel energized enough to stay for some laps after class as well.

The other real problem with not going to the gym is that when I stop working out, I don’t do such a good job of watching what I eat either. I haven’t been on the scale (don’t own one) since before I came down with the cold, but I’m afraid I may have gained some. I’ll check tonight.

I just received news that my dog has gained 10 lbs since his last annual check-up! He used to be 48, he’s now 58. How the heck did I miss that? He stopped being interested in breakfast a while ago, I was a bit worried about that, but now we know why. Obviously more exercise and less feeding is in order. I feel so guilty! I used to walk him for at least an hour every day and he had a fenced in yard he could play in, but then we moved into an apartment and I got very busy with work and commuting, and now I’m trying to make time to work out at the gym. I guess I thought my boyfriend would take it upon himself to exercise him more since he’s home most of the day, but I know he doesn’t really enjoy walking much.

I’ve done alright with my eating so far today, and hopefully going to class tonight will start me up again with the work outs. Maybe I’ll start getting up early a few days a week to take the dog out for a longer walk in the AM, would do both of us good.

OK, I’m done ranting. I’m feeling a little off course here, but I hope I get back in the groove soon.
shananigans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 05:18 PM   #2  

That happens to me ... if i stop going just for one day, then the other day, then the other, its so hard to get off my *** and go back to the normal routine.
Miss B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 10:19 PM   #3  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Maybe a couple shorter walks for the dog would be easier to fit into your daily routine? If it becomes a routine for the dog - it's really hard to say no to that face....and it feels good once you get going!
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 01:14 PM   #4