Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-03-2005, 12:41 AM   #1  
iwillmakeit

S/C/G: 205/173/110

Height: 5'4

Default I need some support, Please

Hey, board members. As you can see that I am new here on this board. I've struggled with weight since I was young, even though I wasn't that big at all until I moved to US, and started eating whopper, big mac, and cheese pizzas... I've gained so much weight over the years I lived here, and then after I had my son I've decided to lose weight. Its been 7 months and I've done pretty good. I was 183 lbs, but so far I've lost about 40lbs. I want to be around 125 - 130lbs. Well, I've had my ups and downs during this process. I work out in the morning before my breakfast which consists of 35 minute of running on the treadmill and 30 minutes of stair master. And then afternoon I workout about 1hr and half to 2 hrs, which consists of 1 hr of stair master, 30 minutes of walking on the treadmill and then some weights. Well, I've been really strict on my diet as well, but I wasn't starving myself or anything. But I think I hit the weight plateau, and today was very bad day. I did workout in the morning as usual, but I didn't in the afternoon, and I overeat today. I eat chocolate cookies today which I haven't had for several months, and then I just eat and eat. I need advice, and I feel horrible. I did read the article on the falling of the weight wagon, and hopefully I am not going to do it again, please help. I need your advice so badly.

Last edited by tsots; 12-03-2005 at 12:53 AM.
tsots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 01:23 AM   #2  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Welcome to 3FC...It sounds to me like you've had a bad day..

But that's all it is - a bad day. Tomorrow is a brand new day!! You've already lost 41 pounds!! That's great!! You already know you can do this.

Check out the Ladies Who Lift forum for tips on working out...

There are bunch of forums depending on which eating plan you are using...they are in Diet Central
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 06:05 AM   #3  
SuperFreak

S/C/G: 330/319/150

Height: 5"5

You have lost some good amount of weight there.
One dont be so hard on yourself right now. Your very close to where you want to be. Stop take a good look at how much your eating are you eating enough or to much, and when and how much your working out.
After time our bodies start to get used to these workouts and what we need to do is adjust them either by adding a little more weights or to more cardio such as running.
Your doing great dont talk yourself down right now.
MorticiaAddams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 09:58 AM   #4  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

Even if you have hit a plateu, it doesn't mean that it will go on forever. Just keep at it!!
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 10:46 AM   #5  

Ya know....it's strange...sometimes when I hit a plateau I take a few days to a week "off" and it really helps. Now I don't mean by going nuts and scarfing down all kinds of junk and totally abandoning exercise. Just not think about it so much. Allow a little less exercise and a little more food. I believe that a plateau is your body's way of adjusting to a new weight and will happen no matter what you do. So you may as well make peace with that! When I chart my weight loss, I plateau EVERY 10 lbs like clockwork. Very strange!
Anyway...just my .02!
pumpingiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 10:53 AM   #6  
iwillmakeit

S/C/G: 205/173/110

Height: 5'4

Hey, guys, thanks for your support and advice. It helps a lot. I just came back from my morning workouts, and hopefully I will be better today. It feels like the cold weather makes it even harder to go out to the gym. It also hard when you have people around you snacks constantly.LOL But thanks guys, please keep it coming, it helps a lot!!! I also read an article where it mentioned about increasing my calories and less exercise for few days would give my body to recover from it, and once start back exercising and eating less will boost my weight loss. Its just that I am afraid to let myself do that, and I always think what if... Its just hard, it seems. I really really appreciate your supports, it helps a lot.

Last edited by tsots; 12-03-2005 at 11:39 AM.
tsots is offline   Reply With Quote