Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-22-2005, 07:11 PM   #1  

Default vitamins

Hello,
This is my first post, I was happy to find your site, some great advice from the members, thank you.
I dont have a lot of weight to lose, would be happy to drop 5 kilos but at 46 years old I am finding it hard going.
I have had success with WW in the past and am trying to do the points plan again but for some reason the weight is not dropping as easy as it did a few years ago.
Anyway I was wondering how you feel about vitamins, what do you take and how have they helped you ( if at all).
Thanks again, JB

Last edited by birrell; 09-22-2005 at 07:14 PM.
birrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 07:39 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Hi and welcome!
This thread showed up a little bit ago. You might find it interesting.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64788

My own two cents .... I do take a multi vit and a cal/mag/vit D combo. I use fitday.com which has dozens of ways to assess your intake and output. Just as I thought, the nutrient content of my lower calorie diet was lacking in a few areas. Taking a supplement has cleared up those areas. As for whether or not I think they work ?? make me healthier ?? it might be a leap of faith
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 09:38 PM   #3  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

I take a generic one a day...mostly to make sure I'm not missing anything...especially calcium...
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 11:53 PM   #4  
Determined

I take a multivitamin. There's research that it doesn't help, and research that it does. I don't take mega doses to avoid od'ing on the fat soluble vitamins, but just a simple one a day. Figure it couldn't hurt, and might help.
happydaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 10:37 AM   #5  
Cynical RedHead

Count me in on the 'doesn't hurt, might help' bandwagon! I take a daily multi-vitamin for women. Currently One-A-Day (b/c I can buy it at CostCo for cheap), but not married to that brand.
FishWoman is offline   Reply With Quote