3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   ok help (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/63353-ok-help.html)

BBWonwheels 08-12-2005 10:51 PM

ok help

is www.fitday.com correct all the time or wat? cuz i know i didnt eat over 3000 mg of sodium today?

aphil 08-12-2005 11:15 PM

Fitday is pretty accurate, as long as the entries that you are putting into it are pretty accurate. Things don't always have to taste salty to have sodium in them-Gatorade, for instance, has sodium. :)

BBWonwheels 08-13-2005 01:24 AM

i dont add foods i use the list they have......lol

BBWonwheels 08-13-2005 01:28 AM

dang man i just cant get my sodium down. i dont eat fried foods, i dont eat salt or no seasoning, drink lot of water, eat alot of veggies and fruits and no pork. wat im doing wrong here

Glory87 08-13-2005 02:05 AM

Do you eat a lot of processed foods? Packaged foods, frozen dinners and canned soups have tons of sodium.

Can you post a link to your actual fitday tracking?

ElisabethCK 08-13-2005 02:07 PM

I have this problem too. For the most part I don't eat processed food but but my average daily sodium intake for the last two weeks is about 3000 mg. I can't figure out how to get it down. Here is my FitDay, any advice would be appreciated!

http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJ...Owner=ECKibler

srmb60 08-13-2005 02:16 PM

I'm just jumping in here but I did see a few things from yesterday that I'd be leary of the sodium content.
Red beans stew, bacon, cheez-its (ooooo baddie), tomato soup and probably the muffin. Maybe even the oatmeal if it's a prepackaged kind.

I didn't know you could enter your vitamin supplements!

BBWonwheels 08-13-2005 03:59 PM

this from yesterday http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/DayFoodsTab.asp

JuliaTN 08-13-2005 04:02 PM

If you click on the food while it's in your list of foods eaten for the day it will give you the sodium content for that item. Do some spot checking and see where the sodium is coming from and then cut out or reduce those items. I noticed that you had "tomato soup, home made" so unless you are adding up the totals of all the ingredients and then dividing by # of servings fitday may be assuming that there is a lot more sodium than you usually put into yours.

I find that it is very good for estimating (especially when you don't have access to the nutritional info) but I try to enter my own stuff to get the most accurate counts. I have added most of the things that I eat as custom foods -I really eat the same things over & over so it didn't take too much for me- with nutrition info from the label to make sure that it's accurate for the particular brands that I buy/use.

Glory87 08-13-2005 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBWonwheels

That just takes me to the main Fitday site, not your personal Fitday journal.

Glory87 08-13-2005 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JuliaTN
If you click on the food while it's in your list of foods eaten for the day it will give you the sodium content for that item. Do some spot checking and see where the sodium is coming from and then cut out or reduce those items. I noticed that you had "tomato soup, home made" so unless you are adding up the totals of all the ingredients and then dividing by # of servings fitday may be assuming that there is a lot more sodium than you usually put into yours.

This is why I got so frustrated with Fitday I had to quit using it. I try to eat only whole foods and avoid all packaged foods. Which means I have to enter everything I eat by ingredient. For example, if I have hummus for a snack and enter the Fitday version, it has tons of fat. I make my hummus without oil so it's a pain to have to enter. I finally just gave up (I didn't care about the percentage break downs anyway). I just journal it and guesstimate the calories. It's not an exact science, but I'm more concerned with making sure I'm eating enough healthy food every day (fruits, vegetables, whole grains, healthy fat, healthy protein) etc.

BBWonwheels 08-13-2005 10:26 PM

man this is hard

QueenCook 08-13-2005 11:41 PM

BB,

You need more vegetables and your proteins are high in sodium (Bacon, sushi) your stir fry seasoning mix, cheeze its, tortilla chips. At your weight stick to no more than 3 servings of Starch per day, 2 1/2 proteins, 3-4 veggies, 3-4 Fruits, 1 Fat, 2 Dairy. (this is well balanced). I recommend starting your day off with 1/2 P, 1 Starch, 1 Fruit. Then have 1 Fruit and Dairy for a snack. Lunch have 1 Protein, 2 Veg, 1 Starch. For another snack have 1 Starch and 1 Fruit. Then for Dinner 1 Protein, 2 Veggies, 1 Dairy. Save a piece of fruit for after dinner snack or (Dessert).

aphil 08-15-2005 09:02 AM

QueenCook-BB is on a diabetic diet and her servings of each food item are given to her by her doctor, so what you suggested may not be right for her. :)

I personally do not use Fitday. I have a blank journal, and I keep my calories/fat/fiber etc. content in it, because of so many variations in food-I would be entering in "special" foods all of the time. :lol:

2frustrated 08-15-2005 09:39 AM

Er. I reckon 3000mg is ok :dunno: Isn't the recommended max 6000mg?