Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-07-2005, 07:53 PM   #1  
Puggy Balboa

Unhappy In Need of Support

I began my weight loss program only to have my father go into the hospital. Once again, I put my priorities aside and focus in on my extended and immediate family. I think this is my biggest excuse. After all, if I REALLY took care of myself, I could do much more on all fronts.

So, I just wanted to write here that tomorrow the children are going back to school. I'll have my days "free" again. OK, maybe not free, but much less encumbered.

I will be working out in the AM, drinking all my water (10 or more servings), and not eating after 8pm.

I also want to repair my rock wall outside, complete my cement steps, and deep clean the bathroom.

These are my goals and I'm going to come back here tomorrow night just to write if I've completed them or not!
Looking4TheWayOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 09:52 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

In my experience, eating after 8 didn't stop my weight loss at all. Due to the hours I work, I eat dinner between 8:30-9:30 every night and still lost over 50 lbs. Sometimes my life doesn't fit into neat little time pockets - if you gotta eat after 8, you gotta eat after 8.

If you get done with YOUR bathroom and feel like cleaning another...let me know!

Last edited by Glory87; 09-07-2005 at 10:01 PM.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 10:14 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 236/221/136

Height: 5'7

I agree eating after 8 is fine as long as you aren't going to bed at 9. Are you drinking 10 8oz glasses of water? I'm trying to get 11-12 but settle for 8 most of the time!
2beautiful2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 12:41 AM   #4  
Depressed

Wink In need of support

I think that whether we are just begining a diet or one of the ones who are well on their way of reaching their weight loss goals all need support. Be it a pat on the back or a friendly kick in the pants.

Last edited by alcandy03; 09-08-2005 at 12:45 AM.
alcandy03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 06:47 AM   #5  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

The reason most experts suggest to quit eating at night is that it often leads to grazing or binging. There is no proof that eating (even 30 minutes before going to bed) is bad for you. However, since many many people who suffer with weight issues tend to eat a LOT at night, if you make that cutoff time for yourself, then you are much less likely to overeat. It is not true that your body does not burn the calories if you eat them right before you go to bed, as some may lead you to believe (since normally your body burns stored calories anyway, not the ones you just consumed). If overeating at night is a problem for you, though, then having a cutoff time is a smart move
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 07:20 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

I agree. I have to eat at night on days that I teach classes-and I have had no trouble having to eat a late dinner on those nights. I have to eat a snack at night as well, about an hour before bed-but I usually limit that to around 100 calories.
Jill is correct-that some people have a certain time of day when they binge eat-and for a lot of people that is at night. For me, on the other hand, it is my tired period I have each day at around 1-3 pm. That is the hardest part of my day, and if I cave, that is usually the time.
Everyone has to find coping strategies for their personal overeating style.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote