Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-02-2005, 03:53 AM   #1  

Question Ways 2 Celebrate Reaching Weight Goal?

I was just thinking of some things that I look forward to being able to do once I reach my weight goal.

1. Try out skate boarding for the 1st time at the skate park. When I watch skaters go up and down those ramps on TV it always looks so incredibly fun! I've always been afraid that I'm too heavy to pull this task off safely. I always figured that the reason that I only see skinny people doing it is because with gravity and all someone my size or more will go flying up and down those ramps uncontrollably until getting hurt. So when I get to 110 lbs, I'm going to give this a shot.

2. Replace my wardrobe because since losing the weight I have thus far, my jeans are all super baggy on me and don't look flattering. And my shirts were all bought in XL to hide my body before since I was ashamed of it. I still need work but I'm starting to feel happy with my body and don't want to hide it anymore .

3. Start checking out some clubs and bars. Maybe some parties. Actually start to live like I'm 23 years old (24 in august). I shy away from the club/bar scene because I go out with a friend who is cute, petite, and dresses sexy and I just hate being the "fat" chick and ignored by guys.

4. Go to a pool or a beach WITHOUT covering up my bathing suit with swim shorts and a t-shirt. I finally want to wear a bathing suit the way it was intended to be worn .
SleptSoLong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 04:07 AM   #2  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

1. A bikini - when I reach my ULTIMATE GOAL!

2. A charm bracelet when I get to BMI 24.9 (which shouldn't be too long! )

3. A beach holiday where I can wear said bikini!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 10:11 AM   #3  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

I was only a couple pounds shy of goal and went ahead and got the bikini. Then found out I was pregnant before I ever got to wear it. By the time the weather was good enough for swimming, I was out buying a new bathing suit with the support bottoms and big bellied middle. LOL!
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 02:51 PM   #4  

Default Aw, that's just too cute!

Congrats on the pregnancy
SleptSoLong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 03:05 PM   #5  
Future Goddess

Im not waiting until I reach my goal weight to give myself little rewards, but my DH has said that once I reach my goal weight he will take me on the honeymoon that we didnt get to go on the first time around I have always wanted to go on a Disney Cruise so I keep telling him he better start saving...lol.

I bought myself a charm bracelet and for every 10 pounds I lose and for other significant events like my 25 pound mark and things like that Im adding a new charm. I figure it will be a great reminder of how far I have come by the time I reach my goal weight, and I can look at it all the time to keep me on task. I also promised myself a pedicure when I got to 25 pounds gone (that I havent had the chance to get yet!) and When I get to 30 gone (which is my 10% mark) Im going to buy myself a set of weights to use with my FIRM videos, and at 50 pounds Im going to reward myself with a bike! I have put off riding a bike for so long! I think that these little rewards have really been keeping me motivated, and I need all the help I can get with that!
Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 04:01 PM   #6  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

I gave myself a mini-reward for getting to 150 -- I bought a hair lotion that I absolutely 100% did not need from Aveda! When I get down to 140 I want to get a pedicure, but (warning, TMI coming up) I have these little warts on my toes that I'm probably going to still be having treated by the time I hit 140, and I don't want a warty pedicure! (TMI, I know, eeew!)

My ultimate reward will, of course, be a bikini. And maybe a fancy dress. I bought a "little black dress" a few months ago so I could wear it on Valentine's Day, but if it's too big for me once I hit goal weight I might buy another. Clothes are my biggest weakness, and since I really can't afford much in my present situation, I'll be saving up for the reward! I was considering having my ultimate reward be breast reduction surgery, but since my breasts have finally shrunk a size (down to 36D from DD) I'm hopeful they'll be the size I want when I finish losing.

Actually, to be honest, I bet when I hit goal weight I will celebrate by going out and eating a bunch of crap. Just for one meal though! Maybe I'll bake myself a cake. Then back to healthy healthy healthy!
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 07:45 PM   #7  
SuperFreak

S/C/G: 330/319/150

Height: 5"5

A bikini for me. I already have one I just need to fit into it.

And I want to do a dance for my husband since he got me the Carmen electric strip tease workout video.

I want to buy new clothes, the ones I have now do not fit but im not running out and buying any new ones until I lose another two sizes.
MorticiaAddams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 01:54 AM   #8  
Raawwwwr.

New clothes!! Tons of new clothes... I want to dress cute and show myself off.
konstine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 03:58 PM   #9  

I'm going to Australia when I reach goal, to see my folks, I am hoping to walk straight past them, that I will have changed so much!!!

Every 20 pounds I buy perfume from Jo Malone, I am going to have quite a collection when I finish this part of my journey. I will continue to buy myself a reward every two months once I am a maintainer. I am very concious of getting to goal then falling off the wagon!!!

Of course, clothes!!! I want a pair of fancy designer jeans - For All Mankind or Sass & Bide, a Wheels & Doll Baby t'shirt and a piece from Day Birgen et Mikkelsen. I have always loved designer clothes and have never been a standard size in all my adult life, so there will be treats!!!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 04:03 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 265/262.2/190

Height: 5'10"

I will be rewarding myself with two tattoos, one for each of my children. I am not covered in tattoos by any means, but I want a small one for each of them and that's my reward for reaching my goal.
gray eyed girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 04:40 PM   #11  
FerretNose

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorticiaAddams
A bikini for me. I already have one I just need to fit into it.

And I want to do a dance for my husband since he got me the Carmen electric strip tease workout video.

I want to buy new clothes, the ones I have now do not fit but im not running out and buying any new ones until I lose another two sizes.

I was wondering how you like the Carmen video? I have been thinking about buying it, it sounds like fun, but I wonder if it's a real workout?
FerretNose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 05:28 PM   #12  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Default Mrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by kykaree
I'm going to Australia when I reach goal, to see my folks, I am hoping to walk straight past them, that I will have changed so much!!!
ROFL! I tried that. But I couldn't get the goofy grin off my face as I watched my parents standing in the airport looking for me. Dad saw me looking his way with a grin the size of Texas and immediately starts pointing. LOL
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 06:19 AM   #13  

I'll be so jet lagged that I probably will hardly look like me anyway!!!! I hate the trip to Oz it's hideous!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 02:13 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 269/243/145

Default rewards

I love music, I have a huge cd collection, so with every 10 pounds I lose I get a new cd. When I hit my 50 and 75 pound mark I get tattoos. I love tattoos, right now I have one. When I reach my goal weight I am getting my belly button pierced. I know I may be a bit old for that (24) but I had it done in high school and loved it. Most importantly I will be able to wear cute clothes, I will no longer feel like I am hiding underneath tents. I want to be able to show off all my hard work.
gingerjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 02:38 PM   #15  

1. I want to be confident enough to wear shorts and tank tops outside! I've always been too embarassed

2. I want to go into a store like The Gap, or Abercrombie and Fitch and not worry that someone will be wondering "what does she think she's doing, she's way too fat to shop here"

3. I'd like to wear a bathing suit, and look atleast decent!

4. I want to go wedding shopping and be able to fit into a sample size wedding dress (ususally a 10!)

as far as rewards, for my 10 pound loss I got myself a subscription to Self, when I hit 20 pounds lost Im going to treat myself to the works; hair cut, color, & eyebrow wax.

And for my overall goal Dustin and I have decided I can get the wedding dress of my dreams- a designer and $$$ if I reach all my weight and health goals-that's some serious motivation right there!
Ahealthierme is offline   Reply With Quote