Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-17-2005, 07:03 PM   #1  

Default binge eating in the weekend

I'v posted one thread then disappeared. I am so disappointed in myself.
I do really well during the week with my eating plan. Then in the weekend I just eat eat eat.
I don't know whats going on or why I do it. It makes me feel so depressed.
Any tips?
mystery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 12:18 AM   #2  

Hi,

I tend to do the same thing. I can do great on the weekdays but there's just something about weekends. All I can offer for advice is, stay busy. We had to put a swingset together for my kids and it took all day yesterday and most of today to finish it up. I actually was able to have ice cream because I was SO under my calories that it was crazy. Find something you like to do and make sure you spend time doing it. I was so busy that food never came to mind. I also eat in front of the TV a lot which I'm trying desperately to change. If you have a trigger that makes you eat or you know there's a bad time of day then make sure you have a plan for when that happens. I'm a really bad grazer...little things all day that add up... so I stay out of the kitchen all together and try to find something to do.

good luck! I can't wait to see what others have to say.
AmberM
AmberM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 11:02 AM   #3  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Hi! I have problems with the weekends too. I think what it is for me is that I like to get out of my apartment and do stuff on the weekend, and if I'm not home at lunch time, I will eat something from a restaurant or fast food that will be high-cal. Also, I like to have a night out with my bf once a week, and we usually go out to dinner. I figure one dinner out once a week won't hurt me TOO much, but I end up eating out multiple times because of lunches!

My advice is to make sure you are at home during meal times, so that you will be less tempted to eat fast food and such. If I'm home and there's Lean Cuisine in the freezer, I will eat that instead of something worse. Also, like Amber said, keep yourself busy! If you're just sitting there watching TV, there's a big urge to eat, but if you're out for a walk or something, it's much less. Also, drink lots of water!
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 11:08 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 264/190/150

Height: 5'8"

Weekends are the worst. I am just starting to get them undercontrol but its only been two weekends in a row that were good. Its like I have to use every ounce of diet power to stay on my diet. During the week I am cool. Lunches are healthy, dinners used to be bad but I'm getting them under control a lot easier than weekend. It seems even if I'm busy, its the different schedule that throws me off. I ussually try and spend part of the day active and or excersising which will make me feel guilty if I binge. That doesnt' always work but it helps.
I dot' know if I have any tips or anything but you are not alone.
jennie934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 05:14 PM   #5  

I had a massive problem at weekends, I would go out with my dh on Saturday and eat out, usually rubbish, and on Sundays he goes to work and leaves me alone in the house. Now on a Saturday I make sure I make either lunch or dinner at home, and I have breakfast, no matter what time I get up. If we do go out to eat, I make sure we choose somewhere where I have some sort of healthy option.

On a Sunday I swim in the morning and go to the gym in the afternoon. This keeps me occupied, and after exercising I crave healthy stuff, but if I do fall off the wagon and eat chocolate or chips or whatever, it makes less of an impact, because over all I have stayed healthy.

Don't beat yourself up too much. It's better to be on plan 5 days and off two, than off 7 days a week!!!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 05:47 PM   #6  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Yuppers Weekend is FOOD time!

I like to go out into London and potter around, we usually have snacks from a supermarket (which probably turn out more calorific than just having a meal!) but if there's a Subway nearby! Oh boy do I get excited! YUMMY YUMMY YUMMY! The subway people are my heroes

We usually have a pub dinner something with CHIPS! but I guess that's my treat meal! If we're at home, I try and eat reasonably well, but maybe allow for a pizza or something and just notch the calories up to about 200 extra, cos after all, it is weekend!

Keeping busy is a great idea, I've started going to exercise classes on a Sunday morning and it sets me up for the day!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 11:58 AM   #7  
(Male)

Height: 5'9.5"

One thing I do sometimes is schedule a basketball game or other workout for Sunday evening. That way I know that if I binge I'm going to feel sick playing basketball so I eat healthier throughout the day. Also, I never binge after playing for whatever reason.

The other thing is to keep busy, as folks have said. If I can't find anything better to do, sometimes I'll just go to a movie by myself or go read in a bookstore for a couple of hours.
Jman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 11:29 AM   #8  

I'm a weekend eater also. I'm trying to get better at NOT eating so much on Saturday and Sunday but I've been struggling. I get so frustrated with myself because I know that I'm hindering my weightloss by doing this.

I told myself that starting this weekend I was going to be more careful about what I eat. We'll see.
lovtolaff is offline   Reply With Quote