Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-29-2004, 11:46 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 145/132/115

Height: 5'2.5

Default Starting Over ~ Tracking Cyndy's Progress

Hello one and all!

I have been through a lot in my diet history. Constantly starting and stopping, and after a lot of trial and error, I know what I need to do personally to lose weight.

I wanted to start a thread in which anyone can feel absolutely free to join. Here I need to get back into writing down what I am eating and visually seeing what types of foods I am eating because I am not just concerned with losing weight but I want to eat in the healthiest way possible. In doing so, you allow to be fuller on fewer calories.

I don't have the details planned out but I will be posting here every day if possible and sharing with you what I have done each day. Every single day will be a success. By that I do not mean eating a perfect 1500 calories or the longest workout, but doing what is possible in my power to make it the best day it can be. Even if that means damage control.

I am looking to up my veggie and fruit intake, steer away from refined carbs and the like. Try to eliminate most junk foods and save it for special occasions. Well, let's start!

Morning: 235
1/2 whole wheat pancake - 65
Syrup - 10
1/2 double bran muffin - 150
coffee with skim milk - 10

Mid-Morning: 260
Veggie Burger - 110
2 slices whole wheat bread - 150
Veggies - 0

Mid-Day: 175
Big bowl of fruit salad - 190

Afternoon: 270
Crispy minis - 60
Orange - 60
1/2 double bran muffin - 150

Mid-Afternoon: 260
Peanut trail mix - 200
3 candies - 60
diet lime coke - 0

Evening: 315
Salad with kidney beans - 250
crispy minis - 45
muffin - 20
Black coffee - 0

Total: 1515 Calories!

Last edited by cyndy; 12-29-2004 at 05:15 PM.
cyndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 09:59 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 145/132/115

Height: 5'2.5

I have been wavering a bit...a lot. I'm not sure I can do this.

Well throughout the morning I had:
-bran muffin with peanut butter and coffee.
-few bites of pizza
-big bowl of Special K cereal with skim milk
-2 prunes
cyndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 11:49 AM   #3  
shannon

Hi, Cyndy! Don't give up. You can do it. Maybe, instead of posting everything here, you can write everything down in a notebook. That is what I do. I write down what I am eating and how many calories. Then, once you get into a nice routine, you can come back and start posting. I need to see what I have eaten to make sure I don't go off plan. Or, if I do eat something bad, I can see where, when, and what. Just don't give up.
shanberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 03:05 PM   #4  

Hi Cyndy and Shannon!
This is a start over for me (for the 100th time) and I'm basically counting calories this time around. I'm with Shannon, journaling worked for me when I did WW so I'm planning to do that again now. It helps me keep track. Then I plan to use this site for the support I need. Are you doing any exercise? There is my biggest downfall - being a fulltime teacher and the mother of two boys who play traveling soccer as well as for their schools, I spend all my time running up and down the road and have very little time to exercise. Good luck to both of you and hope to meet you back here for support!
southern gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 02:15 PM   #5  
singletrack chick

cyndy,

of course you can do this, don't be silly. a food journal is an excellent idea. one that is small enough that you can carry it where ever you go, so every time you eat something you can write it down.

also, looking at your first food log, i noticed a serious lack of protein. if you would make a concious effort to up the protien in your diet you might feel full loonger. add some egg whites or fat free cottage cheese to your breakfast or mid day snacks. you will do great. just stay positive.
laura_on_a_bike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 12:48 PM   #6  

Cyndy and others starting over,
My diet history is like yours. I have also been on this site so many times and then disappeared 2 years ago. I've done it all, but surgery, and that isn't an option. I am starting over and will journal my food every day. I even have a notebook started. I wish you luck and I will check to see how you are doing. Remember, you are worth the effort. I've forgotten that one myself.
Boss is offline   Reply With Quote