Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-28-2004, 11:38 AM   #1  
Newlywed at 45!!!!

Talking April Chicks ....#6

Good Morning,

If you are new to April Chicks please, when you have time, go back and read some of our previous threads, alot of good stories, and advice can be found.

Diane
ralphmarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 01:06 PM   #2  
my dad made me1 from wood

Well I'm in need of some quick exercises i have around 15mins a day now to exercise other than that Im not alone or i have to be doing something else lol... So if anyone has any good ones that would be great I have a stretch band. bout it lol and walking is sort of hard coz of all the guys around. let me know girls have a great day everyone...
scorchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 01:54 PM   #3  

Height: 5 foot

Hello Chickadees!!

I dont usually have the munchies this early, but I am STARVING!!!...I've already ate about 3 cups of dry cereal! And I guess I've messed up already because Im eating some beef-stew with rice, potatoes and carrots. I don't have any choice today, it's eat or starve! We are soo totally broke! I cooked that yesterday and I have to eat it. Today I plan on cooking something healthier. Anyone know of a website that calculates the calories in the food you prepare?!? I'm having **** trying to figure out how many calories are in this stew!! Since servings are different on different calories...it drives me nuts!! Counting calories is hard, when you cant count everything you eat!!! Well anyways, I didnt get to go play tennis, but we went to the pool for about 2 hrs. This darned rash on my neck won't go away!!! I'm going to jot down my daily goals and what not:

Done Already

60 - minutes ~ Denise Austin
Food so far ~ 3 cups of dry cereal - 340
*~*~*~*~*~ Beef Stew - no earthly idea!

Water ~ 24 oz
Steps ~ 3812

Things to do

Exercise additional 60 min on legs, thighs, and butt

Pray

Cook something healthy

Try not to kill anyone!!!

Housework, and more housework

Don't be overcome by the munchies!!

Get in 10,000 steps

Well thats enough for me today. I'm PMSing big time!! No wonder I was sooo grouchy yesterday, and crying this morning, and why I'm suddenly sooo hungry! That's all I need! Oh well, just means I gotta work harder. My head aches and I am hungry!!! I think I am going to pop open that jar of pickles! No calories!! But I gotta sweat out that sodium! Well anyway I hate TOM!!

KILL TOM!!!

Sorry.....I'm losing my mind!!

Well, I’m off to try and do something! !!!! My day is running short of course. Well actually it's almost over!! So quick comments for the and gotta run!!!

Scorchin ~ I don't really have any suggestions for you except that either you gotta put your foot down and tell them to get out, go walking outside anyway regardless of those knuckle-heads or try to do some squats, cardio and lunges or something in place! I will send you something to show you some exercises.

Everyone Else ~ Sorry If I Missed you, but know that I am here, and I do care! My computer takes too long to try to read the other posts and come back here and try to comment!! My fault!! So please accept my apologies!

~ ATTENTION ~

If anyone knows how I can post exercises on here for you to see, then let me know and I will gladly share! My info comes from aol and it won't let anyone without an account with them read it, so any suggestions?!?!

Anyways really gotta go now!

My luv to you all!!!
Jaymi
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 02:02 PM   #4  
Newlywed at 45!!!!

JD most people here would probably give you their e-mail addys in a PM, if you want to send them something.

Scorchin...I just ordered a band book for my resistance bands and I'll get up with you about sharing some exercises out of that when the snail mail brings it.

I also wanted to ask everyone about some fleece ponchos I'm going to make....I got a cool pattern for blanket type ponchos and I found some really cool tye dyed fleece, however it is 8.00 a yard and each one would take about 2-2 and a half yards, so I am hesitating...do you think people would buy these??/ Say for about 45.00-50.00??
I think they would be great for larger women especially and I would also make some in bright solid colors...just need some feedback before I start spending the money on material....

diane
Old 06-29-2004, 04:18 PM   #5  
Newlywed at 45!!!!

Wow Jd, not only have you lost weight...you're looking alot younger....lol
Old 06-29-2004, 04:48 PM   #6  
Tons of fun!!!!

hello girlies, hope all is well with everyone.
Jaymi- i use fitday.com for calculating calories, I just try and put all the ingredients on stuff i make and claculate it out per serving.... dont know if that will help with your stew or not....

Diane...... you got my attention with the words TYE DYE, my favorite words in the english language, I dont know about where you live but here where I am a lot of peopel enjoy the ...... uh RETRO look and style of clothes, well not tons of people but we have a pretty good following of tye dye wearing, poncho wearing, hemp jewelry and flair legged jeans wearing people, I know thats what i wear a majority of the time, I am currently trying to figure out a way to incorporate tye dye into my work wardrobe, banks are too stuffy for my style...he he he, I was thinking of buying myself some plain white peasant shirts and tye dying them (hey its not a t-shirt right) at least thats what I tell my boss my mom says I was born in the wrong generation, since I have been this way since before it made a comeback, I agree with her, the music, the styles, the people all that stuff totally appeals to me and always has. So to get to the point I would definitely invest in the material and sell your ponchos.

alright I am off for now, talk to you all soon, Jamie
hippiechic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 07:12 AM   #7  

GOOD MORNING GIRLYS,
Well I woke up when James did this morning so yippieeee and I got to do 26mins of exercising right now i'm cooling down i made a stairstepper out of the speakers lol looked up how much calories jumping on the bed would be i think like 7. Oh the refreg broke last night so what lil food we had is now bad so we have to eat from the dinner hall or whatever its called which is so nasty i'm sticking to the baked fries they have hehe for like 14 its 120cals and 3grams of fat... last night we had to eat popcorn coz the hall was closed.
diana- I"m sure they would sell I see stuff like that for like 60$ at flea markets and towns market days so I'm sure u could sell them...

OH yesterday we went to try and get me a new id right (didn't work coz i needed proof i live in ga) anyways, I had to hide in the trunk again and when we passed the inspection and stuff i sneak out of the trunk (his car back seats open) and some guy see me and follows us home right and he goes i just got to say that that was amazing her crawling out of that lil space.. I thought that was funny hehe.
anyways, I'm off to shower james will be back soon and i stinky girl...
much love everyone take care...
Old 06-30-2004, 09:42 AM   #8  
Newlywed at 45!!!!

Thanks for the feedback, I'm going to go ahead and make one and see how it turns out.

Heather...gosh be careful, never know what those nutty military people will take offense at...lol
Bet that made you feel good about the "lil space" part...

HP, good luck on the tops, damn stuffy banks....
Old 06-30-2004, 03:41 PM   #9  

Height: 5 foot

Hey Everyone! Well I'm not having a good week or a good day, but it's kool. I'll survive. No need in boring you to tears with my complaining, I've ranted enough today in my journal! I feel a tad better now. The weather is YUCKY! I had planned on going play tennis or go to the beach with the kids, but of course today would be the day it actually rained! Oh well, there's always tomorrow! I had a major tummy and headache this morning, and I havent exercised yet. I know it's PMS, and now, my head is hurting again! I have to exercise though, no matter what. My daughter will have to take her nap, and then I'm going to pop Denise in and at least get 60 minutes!! I wanted to try out my step I just bought, but I dont have the time! It came with a tape of some woman I never heard of, but it also includes weights, so I couldnt do it yesterday. Well anyways my only goal for today is:

Dont stress yourself over things you can't control! !!!

Diane- That's too funny!! I've gotten quite a tan too! I think that the panchos would sell out here in SC (if I'm thinking of the same thing) I can picture everyone wearing them over their swimsuits out here. Or maybe just me.... hmm.. Oh and thanks for the info

Heather- Girl, you are silly!!! You better be careful out there, the army can be harsh! Good job on getting some exercises in...I"m still working on how to get them on here. I have to copy and paste every single part, and it takes a while, but I'll get it.

Jamie- (such a beautiful name!) Thanks for the info! Tie die eh?!?! Can't say that is my cup of tea.... but... the flare leg jeans are...if they are size petite!! Otherwise I have to cut the flare off just to wear them!

Anyways, I just want to exercise and calm my nerves....No stress, no anger, no nothing. But whatever's gonna happen will happen. Well sorry I can't leave a longer post, but I gotta go put the baby to sleep! BTW Where is everybody?!?!?! Hope everyone is having a great day!

Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 06:28 PM   #10  
Tons of fun!!!!

hey girls!! I am doing good today except for the pulled muscle in my neck.....cant turnit to the left, which is interesting to say the least.
Heather- that story is funny, I could just picture it in my head....crawling through the seat...he he he

Diane- I agree about the "stuffy banks" I want to have all the tellers start a petition that we can wear tennis shoes cuz of the standing all day..... but people are too chicken.....

Jaymi- i also need petite pants (I am 5'2" ) but I never buy them, i just walk on my pants, so all of them are all ratty at the bottom....lol

hope you all have a good rest if yor day, Jamie
hippiechic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 08:36 PM   #11  
Newlywed at 45!!!!

I was wondering if anyone wants to do a recipe challenge???

Nothing difficult but just submit your absolute favorite low cal recipe, if you don't cook then your favorite healthy low cal store bought food.....

If so then I will post mine Sunday night, this will give us sometime to think about what we really like to eat thats good for us....

Good luck HC with the tenni's , when i go to the bank I don't care what they have on their feet as long as they don't screw up my account, plus I usually go through the drivethrough so IT REALLY DON'T MATTER....show this to your torturous boss.

JD...hope you're feeling better.
Old 07-01-2004, 08:58 AM   #12  

morning girls,
Just came into to say hey and I'm gonna be heading back to texas for the 4th so i dunno when ill be back on much love heather
Old 07-01-2004, 03:01 PM   #13  
Newlywed at 45!!!!

Heather, Have a great time and hurry back to us.....
Old 07-01-2004, 09:53 PM   #14  
one day at a time

Height: 5'2"

Default I'm back ladies!!!

hi ladies...wow...y'all did not even miss me did ya?? No body even asked where i was.....Am I really that easy to forget??

Well....I am all moved in to my new place....things are going ok...still got some unpacking to do...ok not some but alot....but we did get the things unpacked that we really needed... my kids are loving it here...lots better than our cramped 2 bedroom apartment that we used to live in....
I bought a pedometer...and wow do i do alot of walking in a day at work.....monday i got about 12,000 steps in at work alone....tuesday...i got about 11,000...wednesday i got a total of 15,500...and today i am at 11,077...so far....and the thing converts it into miles....ive walked over 5 miles each day!!! almost 10 on wednesday.....no wonder im really pooped when i get home....and i dont get to sit and relax til the kids are in bed..... i am down to 182 now.....so im not losing too much yet...but it will happen...gotta keep on keeping on right ladies!!

[SIZE=3]The fourth of july holiday is almost here!!!! a 3 day weekend from work.... plus pay on my day off.... gosh that makes me happy.... we are having a family picnic on the 4th....im in charge of grilling the food.....and i hate hot dogs...and am not too keen on the hamburger either....i just hate thinking of hotdogs and what they are made of...same goes for hamburger...those adorable cows and their big brown eyes....i live in farm country here....i cant drive home and not see cows.... my mom is bringing bagels and some great dip...that can be made fat free....i should post a recipe....its so yummy [/SIZE]
well ladies that all forgot me....i did not forget u...how is everyone doing.....everyone still being LOSERS!!!!!....i hope so...y'all take care...ill be back soon......
aprillpepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 10:54 PM   #15  
Newlywed at 45!!!!

AHHHH Aprilpepper,

How could we forget you???
Just knew you were busy with the big move.

I'm so happy everything went smoothly and you sound great.

Thats great on the steps, I always lose weight when I'm working, being home all day does make it a bit more difficult.
Even my last job at the deli in town I managed to lose 20 lbs....which I put back on when I quit...Larry and I were taking turns with the working...he gets laid off every winter and I work part time...then in the spring he goes back and I stay home...but this last winter we both stayed home...mmmmmm mmmmm

Glad your back, and veggie burgers are good on the grill....or...big *** mushrooms, grill em just like burgers, brushed with a bit of olive oil.mmmmm
Larry got a 3 day weekend off also and we will grill too.

glad you is back....