Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-13-2004, 11:52 AM   #1  

Default Advise on Calories needed

I posted in August about a certain weight loss plan not working for me. So many were helpful with their advise. I had a BodyGem Metabolism test done and am going to follow the counting calories way of weight loss. My question is, the kind of oatmeal I eat for breakfast is the "steel cut" type. I have the calorie content on 1/4 cup raw but how do I compute it after it is cooked? It takes 1 cut raw, steel cut to 4 cups of water so, do I divide the cooked product into 4 portions and that gives me my starting 1/4 cup raw?

Thanks for any help in calculating this.

Jwatrlily
Jwatrlily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 01:04 PM   #2  

Yes, that's it exactly.
funniegrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 02:02 PM   #3  

Default Ty,

thank you funniegrrl. It's John McCann Irish Oats. They are steel cut. The canister says 1/4 cup raw is a serving size. The recipe is: 1 cup raw to 4 cups water. I thought then that the cooked "batch" would be divided into 4 portions to make the 1/4 cup raw and that would be how I'd compute the calories per that serving. But, I never know if my thinking is correct or not. Thanks for your help.

Jwatrlily
Jwatrlily is offline   Reply With Quote