3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Come join me on the 10-Day Challenge!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/45913-come-join-me-10-day-challenge.html)

laura_on_a_bike 09-04-2004 05:57 AM

well, day two was a bust. i didnt snack all day long at work which is really my main concern, but i did go out afterwards and promptly lost track of my calorie intake. now that i am not feeling so hot, i wish i had stayed home, and a full day of excercise to sweat all the toxins out isnt looking so inviting anymore. hehehehe. oh well, back to day one. cant be too sad about it since i had only one day under my belt. i've got a long weekend coming up and have planned on spending most of it outside being active. everythig will balance out i suppose. today will be a breeze to get through.

UnCafeCvooPlay 09-04-2004 08:44 AM

I have to confess that the day that I was supposed to be making up for not exercising, I did, only I also ATE. I went on a little binge, and I'm guessing my calories were in the 2500 range. So, I actually have to start over. So far the day is successful, and I will report back in tonight :)

e.mccoy 09-04-2004 01:32 PM

May I Join You

This sounds like a great idea. I have never tried anything like this before, but I'm going to get on board. To start my ten day plan my goal is to drink 8 glasses of water. I can never stick to anything so I have to start out small.

1st 10-day goal
Drink 8 glasses of water a day

Wish me luck

SW 208~CW 212~GW 130

synn1977 09-04-2004 11:51 PM

day 4 and 5 were a success....I apologize i did not get to post last night, i was extremely tired and crashed last night. I got in about 30 mins of exercise today....so yay....i am working it.
thanks for all the support everyone, it is definitely helping

redballoon 09-05-2004 08:46 AM

Moving right along!!

Hello. It's the end of Sunday here. I'm going to be turning in. Want to report that I stayed on my no-sugar challenge!! Hurrah for me. I think that makes it either 5 days down or 6. Will check on that later. In any case, I'm still rolling and now that I'm past midway there's definitely no stopping now. I have continued to laugh temptation in the face, and yes, it has been there. Ideas of sugar pop into my idea often. But I knock them back with a mighty WHACK!!! Landlady stopped by tonight with some delicious looking big purple grapes. I never buy 'em cause they're too expensive. Now they will surely be sweet! Yum!!

Synn, :bravo: Great going! I am sooo glad to hear that you have made it through Day 5. Excellent! :cb: And you said you couldn't stick with something past 3 days. You see, you CAN and you HAVE. Now keep it up. You go, girl!! :cheer:

mccoy, welcome :wave: Yes, jump aboard, 8 glasses of water a day. You can do this. We're pulling for you! :sunny:

Cafe -- OK, so we had a little binge there. 2500 cals. Yes, I can do that, do it too often. So, how's it going? Hoping to hear good things from you. :flow1:

laura -- How's it with you? Definitely hear you on the toxin sweatout. The reason I didn't post the other night was for similar reasons. God, I was paying for it Saturday. Well, here's hoping you have a success to report to us. :)

Lucia, a big welcome to you too! :dancer: 30-35 lbs by Christmas sounds like a reasonable goal. Good luck to you. You're with some others in sticking to WW on the 10-day. Hope to see those numbers adding up to 10 real soon! :flow2:

Den, glad to hear you're doing well again being back. Staying the same is most definitely a victory too so glad to hear you're remembering that. Well, keep it up and good luck to you! Power on! :strong:

Ok, people. Signing off. Hope to hear from some of you others out there who started up on the challenge. Remember, if you fall off just hop back on! That's what we're here for. This isn't a dare, it's a challenge, YOUR challenge.

laura_on_a_bike 09-05-2004 11:33 AM

well, my new day one was a success. didnt have to work so i got to stay home and cook all my meals. even made enough for some lunches next week. i did fine on calories (1560). and spent the entire day cleaning the house and my car. didnt really feel up for the cardio i had planned so i just did some strength training and took a break.

way to go synn for being on day 6 already.

good luck to everyone celebrating holliday with family tomorrow. labor day foods are enough to break anyones will power.

Marti 09-05-2004 03:49 PM

Two

Hello everyone! I had a busy day yesterday so I wasn't able to post. But I did get day one restarted yesterday and day 2 is finished today! Of to a better start.

Everyone--You are all doing a fantastic job! You keep me inspired to do this.

Keep up the great work!

synn1977 09-05-2004 06:22 PM

So far so good ladies....welcome to everyone who has joined....sorry, not one to remember names. that's red's job I guess! heheheh :lol:
but alas....I am on day 6 and so far so good.
Just a tip for all of you, especially if you are like me and forget breakfast. Kashi Go Lean bars are to die for. I had one with lunch today to try them and they are devine. Almost sinful
:devil:
I will be updating more of my progress later today....but I have reached my exercise goal...and hour and a half of power shopping today for groceries and lifting....I make the bags a bit heavy on purpose so they serve a dual goal!
Keep up the good work everyone...remember one slip does not a landslide make.
:grouphug:

UnCafeCvooPlay 09-05-2004 10:11 PM

OK so I am wrapping up day 2 here...its 7:13 and I'm heading to the mall with a friend. I am not going to eat at the mall, so I will make it to day 3 tomorrow. I can do this!!

Janette 09-05-2004 10:56 PM

Hello all. I'm a newbie to this site and this seems like a good place to join in. I'm doing WW, and I also need to keep up with my water. For the next 10 days I'll stay on plan and drink at least 64oz of water. It's easy to drink enough water at work because I work outdoors, but when I'm off I don't always do so well at it.

Height 5'7"
SW-160lbs
CW-157lbs
GW-140ish

Lucia-1 09-06-2004 03:58 AM

Day 2

Almost at the end of day 2 and happy to report I have kept up with my goals so far :dance: . Feeling very positive. Took the time on Saturday to plan my meals, and this has made it so much easier at the end of the day, feel much more organised when I take the time to do this, it also reduces the chance of making unwise food choices at the end of the day. I have also chosen two new recipes from a WW cookbook which I will try on the weekend.

Have a great day everyone.

redballoon 09-06-2004 07:54 AM

a week of sugar free!!

Good evening all. I've figured out when I started my challenge. It was Aug. 31. So that means that I'm finishing up Day 7 here! Wow! Only three to go to . . .maybe a day break then back on. More saves today but I got myself. Those grapes, by the way, were delicious!!

Lucia, good for you! :cp: Glad to hear you're feeling positive. You should be! Excellent with the planning. It gives you something to look forward to, doesn't it? and then you're less likely to eat blindly, aimlessly. I've gotta do that more too. Good luck!

Janette, welcome to you! :wave: So you're doing a double challenge, right? Sticking to WW and drinking water. OK. :flow1: Good luck! :cb:

Cafe, how'd it go? Did you put Day 2 to bed! I hope so! Tell us soon! :dancer:

synn -- how about you? power shopping! Wow, now that's a cool concept. I like it! :yes: Sinful Lean bars. Wish I could get them over here. But then, knowing me, I'd eat the whole box! Excellent thought you ended on there. . .one slip does not a landslide make. Yes. I love it! Keep up the good work! :sunny:

MNJ, glad to hear you're still with us. :strong: I expect to see you through this one on to the end. One false start is ok, but now you're into the race! Let's see you finish a winner! :flow2:

laura, congrats to you too! :cp: Strength training is great for building muscle of course and that uses calories just sitting there. So good for you. And thanks for the holiday wishes. I guess it's back to school for kids there, huh? Summer here too is winding down with the usual bang, typhoons and such. Any of you affected by Frances? Hope all's well with you and your loved ones.

OK, over and out. Good luck. Come on in and tell us how you're doing, good or bad, we want to hear from YOU! :dance:

laura_on_a_bike 09-06-2004 11:23 AM

well, i made it through day two barely. hahahaha. i had 1818 calories. im giving myself the 18 calories as free cals. because i went to a party, skiped the cookies, cupcakes and cheese and opted for a tiny bit of cantalopue. i am so proud of myself for staying away from all that other crap. i cant even believe that i made it out of there without gorging. the cupcakes were chocolate with cream cheese centers. luckily my defence mechanism kicked in and told me that those would be gross gross gross and not worth the cals.

Scuzin 09-06-2004 11:41 AM

Well this place has been busy!
I didn't make it through my weekend vacation to New Orealns, even though it was so warm and we did so much walking I should have!!! So today is another day 1

synn1977 09-06-2004 01:46 PM

Well, group....Day 6 was a success. I even managed to get in more walking last night with the BF :)

No temtations...other than gobbling up some granola bars, but even at that I stayed on goal thanks to activity points. WOO HOO...Planning another walk when I get home this afternoon (checking in from work :s: )

Red, the bars are awesome, I would suggest that if you can find them there in Tokyo to try them...with me there are no worried of gobbling up the whole box because they are very filling...if they don't have 'em who knows, maybe I'll have to send you some.

Drank water until it came out my ears yesterday and treated myself to a 2 hour long session of classical music.

Wednesday(may day off) I think I am going to try some YOGA....ought to be fun! :
rofl: