Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-17-2004, 12:23 PM   #1  

Default Too soon for shorts!

Good lord, I tried on my shorts bc it is going to be hot the next few days, and my shorts button but-are-this-snug. I wanna scream. I know I am almost there, another 5 pounds or so, but I am frustrated.

Sigh....

Kitty
kittykitkat1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 01:18 PM   #2  

I know, I know-- although for me it's more of a wedgie issue.... Try this: go down to the store and get this month's issue of Glamour magazine, the one with Queen Latifah on the cover. Not only does she look great, but the whole issue is about body issues and body confidence. There's also an article about famous guys in swimsuits on the beach. You are not going to believe how some of them look! Even Governor Arnold was got a pot, and this guy was a major bodybuildingh champion... but the guys don't seem to be as freaked out by this as women are. Hmmm... maybe there's something to be learned from the testosterone crowd. Worth a look, and it's a hoot! Good luck!
SeekInnerThinChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 04:10 PM   #3  

Wow coincidentally I had just started reading that issue! I saw those pics you were talking about. My problem is that I cannot really go out and buy a bunch of new stuff. And I am petrified to buy size 10s anyway. I have never worn a 10 in bottoms before and I don't want to start. Sounds stupid I know. And if I am losing weight, these 5 pounds needed to fit back into my 8s will hopefully be gone in the next 3 weeks or so.

I have 9 - 14 more pounds that I want to lose total, and have lost 6 on the past month. I know that what I am doing is right, it just isnt fast enough for me.

Great read though, in Glamour about loving your body. I only wish I could!

Thanks!
Kitty
kittykitkat1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 07:53 PM   #4  

I definitely know how you feel. While I don't feel that way now, I used to have a love/hate relationship w/ summer. I used to love it because of the obvious reasons (warm weather, sunny days, etc.), but I also hated it because summer clothing showed more of my body that I wanted to. Over the years, though, I've gotten over that. Don't let your weight prevent you from wearing shorts. I know what you mean about not wanting to buy clothes until you're thinner, but if you go to Marshalls or TJ Maxx, you can probably get a couple of pairs of shorts inexpensively. Also, you could buy shorts w/ an elastic waist so that they shrink w/ you.
vmelo is offline   Reply With Quote