Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2003, 04:40 PM   #16  
a work in progress...

2cute...of course they could see, if they wanted to! Do you honestly see anyone gawking at you or at anyone else??? Do YOU stare at anyone else? I think that most people respect the fact that you are all in that place for the same reason...to get fit and healthy.

Old 10-21-2003, 05:19 PM   #17  

Michelle: I hope Andrew is okay and has nothing to serious. I hate when our little ones are sick. You just wish you could take it away.

Yesterday when the Dr. told me to take the kids to the ER and not to the office I was in tears, thinking "how could I let my babies get sick like this?" I know I did not do it, but you just want to protect them so much. I was glad when my mom offered to meet me at the ER and sit with me, I was very nervous about the tests.

Kat: I hope your daughter feels better too. I hope she did not eat anything to bad. I know you must really want to be with her and she probably wishes you were there with her too. I'm 33 and when I get sick I wish my mommy would come over and take care of me. Usually my hubby will somewhat, but never like a mommy would .

2Cute: Congrats on the swimming. You are doing great. And even if people are looking~~~just think~~~how they will be talking about you in the future and they say "wow, look at the progress she has made" "she is doing great!!" You keep your chin up high and keep going!!!

J-Ann: The new puppy sounds like she will be so cute. God, how I love puppies and kittens. Actually I am just an animal lover. Although I have drawn the line at my son getting a RAT. We already have the 2 dwarf hamsters and they are close enough. But I do not want RATS!!! I'm sure your Sarah will adjust and take the new one under her paw.

Pam: Thanks for your well wishes!!! Also, please please never shut up!!! I love reading your posts and everyone heres post. Keeps me going and encouraged. Keep up all your good work.

Terri: The recipe card thing sounds like a great idea. And if I did a ton of them and shuffled and pulled 7, then there ya go, thats the menu for the week. I love your idea....thanks.

Barb: Glad to have you back. I wish I had enough control to take the batteries out of the scale. I'm such a scale person. I have two scales (one regular one and one digital one) I'm always comparing the two. God bless you.....you will get right back on track.

Mary: Hope all is going good. Don't forget if you are hungry you should be eatting....if you don't that leads to the over indulging. Good luck hun, and remember to bring your little fingers here to keep them occupied.

Andria: Thanks for the well wishes. I am praying we are all clear.
Hope your computer issues are all cleared up.

Okay girls, I've gotten everyone that has posted on this thread. Will check back later.

Luv ya,
Sandy
Old 10-21-2003, 08:27 PM   #18  
You and Me in 2003

Bringing us to the top
Old 10-21-2003, 08:28 PM   #19  
a work in progress...

Just back from the gym...and I had to share this story!

I had no idea what to expect, but it sounded a little intimidating, "Body Pump..." geez, what would I find there? A room full of body builder chicks with their weight lifting gloves, clad only in slinky weight lifting pants and sports bras. I was intriqued however, by the promise of fast results and I've been wanting to find a good weight lifting class, so I mustered up some bravery and went.

The instructor greeted me warmly as I walked in the studio. She explained what equipment I would need and offered to get it for me herself. Relaxing a bit then, I looked around. I was happy to see all different shapes, but mostly average sized women. I was putting my weights on the barbell, when a heavy set, older (than me, so maybe in her 50s) woman came over to me to give me some advice on what size weights to use for the first class. She said, "I like to help the new gals out, I know how it feels to be scared of this stuff." I was very touched and very appreciative!! She obviously knew exactly how I was feeling...like I was too fat to be there. So I chilled out and concentrated first, on trying to avoid seeing my reflection in the mirrors...but then realizing that, "Yes, I AM fat...take a good long look at that reflection...and watch every week as it changes." So THAT was hard, but I did it. And I loved the class! You can go as light as you need to, on the weights, and work your way up. I was surprised that some of the weights seemed too light for me. So, twice a week I plan on taking this class, doing some sort of aerobic exercise the other days, whether it's a class, or walking the dog, or riding my bike...even raking the leaves, right Lucky?

So that's my story. I feel back in control...must stay focused.

And I must get to bed! Two more nights of work and then I'm off for four days! Ahhhhhhhhhhh...

Good night, chickies...love ya!

Last edited by katrinabgood; 10-21-2003 at 08:36 PM.
Old 10-21-2003, 08:46 PM   #20  
You and Me in 2003

Good for you Kat
Old 10-21-2003, 09:08 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Good evening ladies!

DH is upstairs feeling puny (again), I've already walked the dog so he's on the deck recovering and its not even 8 pm!

Its so good to see everyone getting in the exercise groove. What's good is that as I read your posts about what you're accomplishing, I can feel how good YOU feel.

I have a weird challenge going on with two of my peers at work. I want to do the MS 150 bike ride next year and I've talked them into doing it too. What's weird is that they are guys and neither one overweight. We have this honor challenge going about who's working out the most. I, in no way, could keep up with them because they are starting to run and can do so much more by not carrying an extra 80 pounds like me. But, it keeps me motivated and keeps me working harder. DH doesn't care that they are guys and knows that women that I know just aren't as competitive.

2Cute - You rock! It takes a lot of courage to hit the gym pools but you've got the right spirit and the heck if anyone is looking. As far as the Spring gathering, I think it was me that had a commitment already for next 5/14 & 5/14. Other than that, I'm game for any other time. DH and I do want to take a trip to San Fran so we'll be planning it when school is out. I am looking forward to bringing my bike and riding on your trails. And having all kinds of fun with ya'all!

Kat - Your class sounds awesome. Its so good to have you back posting again. How far away is your daughter? Too far for you to take her some soup? Or maybe a home delivery from a deli?

Sandy - Hope you and your kids don't get sick and all is well soon! Be sure to take care of you too!

Pam - Hmm, how about coming up and whoopin' up on my house? I'm thrilled to read how your life is changing for the good. Sometimes it just takes small, consistent action and then things starting changing. Go girl!

J-Ann - A new puppy!! How fun and wonderful. I remember when Bear was just a mere 5 pound puppy! What a hoot about sleeping with the dog!

Michelle - Hope Andrew is feeling better soon too!

Mary - Hi! Did you get out and walk today?

I hope I didn't miss anyone. I better get this posted before I lose it. to everyone!

P.S. Kat - you asked what everyone was eating for dinner. Here's our menu plan for the week:
Last night - pork loin chops and south beach oriental coleslaw
tonight - Subway sandwichs and leftover coleslaw
tomorrow - chicken and peppers, broccoli
Thursday - BBQ chicken and south beach "surprise mashed potatoes" (cauliflower)
Friday - Hamburger patty and salad
Old 10-22-2003, 04:59 AM   #22  
I'm on my way!

Thanks everyone...Andrew just had a viral infection....no ear infection or anything serious. Just had to give him motrin to make him comfortable. He fell asleep on the couch last night at 6 pm and he woke up roaring to go at 4:30 am...see how early I am posting?

I don't feel so hot myself right now so I am going to take a nice long hot shower and some motrin for myself...I have been having back problems this past week. The motrin I get from the dr. works wonders. Too bad it has to wear off!

OK have a great day! Michelle
Old 10-22-2003, 07:36 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Rise and Shine! This is a new day! Everyday is a new start and we want to be less than what we are on 1/1/2004. Have a beautiful, OP day!
Old 10-22-2003, 08:22 AM   #24  

Good Morning Chicklets

2 cute: I have no plans for next spring/early summer yet! waiting to hear from you, then will plan around that. So just whenever you can plan it--okay by me. Would like 3-4 mos advance notice if possible though, my coworkers start putting in for vacations early, and it is first come first serve. Can't wait too see you gals!!

I will more later, want to exercise while I have this momentum going, if I sit too long its all over! I start thinking of all kinds of other things to do instead!

bye for now
Old 10-22-2003, 09:10 AM   #25  
Walking by faith

Angry Good day everyone

Been busy the past couple of days-doctor's appts, shopping, acting as a taxi service for DH & DS. I FINALLY have a "day off"! I made it to my TOPS meeting last night after not being there 2 weeks in a row. I GAINED 1.75 I wasn't surprised. My eating last week was not good, but this week will be better

Kat: Good for you going to the exercise class-and how nice of that lady to make you feel at home. Hope you enjoy it!

2 Cute: I'm glad you're enjoying the water exercise. Don't worry about other people-JUST DO IT

Pam: Good job staying OP at the wedding I'd have trouble saying no to cake w/buttercream icing!

Terri: I hope you're able to do the MS 150 next year. That's an excellent goal-and a very worthy cause!

Sandy: I hope your little ones are doing better. :

Michelle: Hope Andrew gets well soon

J-ann: Congrats on moving to TWOterville!
And congrats on your new "baby"!

Mary: Sounds like you're getting back on track. Keep up the good work

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Old 10-22-2003, 09:39 AM   #26  
You and Me in 2003

good morning . No I didn't walk yesterday. Food was bad too
Old 10-22-2003, 09:42 AM   #27  
BELIEVE!

Good Morning to all my Beautiful Friends!

It's a cloudy, rainy day here - one of those days where you just want to crawl back into bed under a cozy quilt. That's not an option - I forced myself to get back to the gym this morning! It did feel good to get back there! Then I stopped and bought some fresh fruit - I haven't been grocery shopping yet, so the cupboard is bare! Now I am attempting to get to work, but had to stop in here first!

Sandy --- Hope that you are all doing well today and that no one is getting sick.

Terri --- I am always motivated when I read you posts. Thanks for being so encouraging! I think it's great that you have a challenge with your work buddies! It's always great to have other to work with and talk to! Keep it up!

Pam --- You too! What a great attitude! Thanks for being you!!!

J-ann --- A new puppy, what fun! My little Chihuahua, Charlee is about 10 months now! She is so much fun! It sounds like you will raise the new pup as a show dog? I know what you mean about the middle of winter - last year when we brought Charlee home she weighed 2 pounds and there were 2 feet of snow on the ground! That was interesting - We decided just to indoor train her.

Kat --- Great job getting back to the gym last night! The class sounds great. I haven't been to any classes at my gym yet - but will try one of these days. They don't have a big selection, but they have a few aerobics classes, one pilates and they just started a new ab class.

Andria --- Hope you get your computer probs fixed. I always feel lost when I am without my computer. I rely on it for everything!

Michelle --- I sure hope you and Andrew get to feeling better! He had you up with the birds this morning. Take care of both of you!

2cute --- I am so proud of you for your swimming! Way to go!!! Just forget about the others there. I know it's difficult, but you have to try. You are taking care of yourself and that's the important thing!!!

Mary --- I hope your day is off to a good start!!

Joanne/Homebound --- A day "off"? Good for you! I hope you are going to do something special for yourself!

A big hello to anyone I missed or is lurking around!

Thin, Tina, Jen, Lucky, Natalie, Steph, Tracy, Lynne, Sara, Melissa......Hope you are all well!!!! (Haven't seen a few of you in quite some time...hint, hint)

Time to get some work done! Gotta earn some $ for the next cruise! Yes, we are already thinking about the next one!

Barb
Old 10-22-2003, 09:45 AM   #28  
BELIEVE!

Hi Mary - We were posting at the same time! Yesterday is over! It's a new day! What are you plans for today?
We are all here for you!
:Grouphug:
Old 10-22-2003, 09:46 AM   #29  
a work in progress...

Terri! Wow! How motivating...training for a bike marathon! I am so impressed! 150 what? km? miles? puff puff! You go girl! BTW, I looked up the recipe for oriental coleslaw on the SB website, but couldn't find it...care to share??? I think I made it once and it was !

Joanne, good girl, getting back to TOPS! Less than two lbs, when you know you were naughty, isn't too bad!

Michelle...you'd better be resting up there, young lady! You have an important mission coming up!

Pam...
Quote:
if I sit too long its all over!
Oh, how I hear that! Good for you, seizing that momentum!

Sandy, give those kiddies lots of love and cuddling...they'll be fine before you know it.

Mary, You're very quiet, what's new?

J-ann...Your new puppy's birthday must be right around my dog's...We brought her home Christmas Eve six years ago. oooh, housebreaking in the winter...you get some wicked winter weather too, don't you? Bless you my child.

Barb...Now that vacation is over, I know you will be right back to your losing ways! Great idea, disabling the scale! Why discourage yourself?

2cute must be splashing around, as we speak...that's why she's not here. I have no idea what dates are good for me right now, so I'll just play it around what the majority rules at this point.

I've got to get a nap in this morning, so I'll say Hi to everyone else for now...come on out and post!
Old 10-22-2003, 11:16 AM   #30  
Progress..not perfection

Exclamation Do not post here!

Halt! Stop! Cease posting! Down I say.....

Head on over to the continuing saga of....

300+ And Ready To Try Again.....#429

Closed Thread