Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2003, 04:59 PM   #1  

Unhappy gaining instead of losing, please help me!!

I have been using the Walk away the Pounds 2 mile tape for a week now. I have done it so far 4 days, been doing crunches, staying active and I am on a diet. My diet consists of fruit, fat free yogurt, veggies, salad, grilled chicken, wheat bran, soup and I had meat once this week. Last Tuesday I took my measurements because I know that it's the inches that matter, but I measured myself today and I have gained inches!!!!! I don't know how this is happening. Someone please tell me what is going on!! Im so depressed!
Thanks
Shortyd
Old 10-13-2003, 09:09 PM   #2  
Hot Stuff

You've done great this week! Don't be discouraged. You've made some dietary changes. You could be retaining water or bloating from the fiber. Give your body some time to adjust to all the changes you've thrown at it. Drink lots of water to flush out your system, and I bet you'll see a loss next week.
Old 10-13-2003, 09:17 PM   #3  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Have you considered having someone else do your measurements? I'm useless when it comes to measuring myself.
Old 10-14-2003, 09:18 AM   #4  

I would be more patient. I think you are doing a great job. Just hang in there.
Old 10-14-2003, 11:31 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 245/245/130

Height: 5'2"

It could be coming up to that time of month.... I know that I used to swell up during that time....
Old 10-14-2003, 11:40 AM   #6  

Whoa girl, don't expect miracles so fast. Hang in there and be patient. I know you want this really badly, but give your body time to adjust to everything! I am a firm believer of measuring only once a month max and scales once a week MAX! You are bound to bounce around being female so to keep yourself from discouragement don't focus on it all so much. Focus on what you are doing to improve your health and just keep at it. You are doing a fabo job!

Faye
Old 10-15-2003, 03:46 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 270/229/150

Height: 5'7"

another thing to consider is.. are you measuring your self in the exact same places? If you are off by even a little bit, you wont get the correct measurements.

Mia
Closed Thread