3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   December 2022 - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/325649-december-2022-daily-accountability-lifestyle-change-everyone-welcome.html)

Diana3271 11-30-2022 02:10 PM

December 2022 - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome!

Hi, Everyone! Welcome to the Check-In! Let's make it a great month!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

Here's to the start of a great month!

ciecie 11-30-2022 02:16 PM

Good afternoon! Thanks for starting the December thread! 🎅🏻🧑‍🎄🤶🎄

yangtzer 11-30-2022 06:56 PM

Hello December :D

I binged last night. I got bored easily, especially on cold winter nights. I feel trapped in side, LOL.

Today is a new day :cb:

Diana3271 11-30-2022 10:07 PM

Hi Everyone! :wave:

Welcome back!

Yangtzer Today is a new day. Hang in there.

ciecie 11-30-2022 10:31 PM

Good night all! Power walked and ran errands before supper tonight. My fitness goals for today have been attained. 🤶🎅🏻🧑‍🎄🎄

Diana3271 12-01-2022 11:37 AM

Good Morning, Everyone! https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ima...iles/wavey.gif

Steps from yesterday: 5,007

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy.

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

December 1

Psalms 150:6

Let every thing that hath breath praise the Lord. Praise ye the Lord.

The battle wasn't won yet, but Henry felt it was close. He looked better, felt better, and had a more positive attitude. Life was so much more fun, now that he was thinner. All the really hard times were behind him, and he felt his future was pretty bright. God had certainly been good to him. Every day, Henry took time out to thank God for all He had done. Henry didn't know what he'd done to deserve such great blessings, but he wasn't going to question it too much. With God's help, he had been able to do what he could never do before: lose weight!

Today's thought: God's helping me be both lighter of body and lighter of spirit!

ciecie 12-01-2022 01:11 PM

Good afternoon! Had breakfast and lunch. Also power walked and ran errands this morning. Will do 2 miles Leslie Sansone in a few minutes. 🧑‍🎄🎅🏻🤶🎄

yangtzer 12-01-2022 06:09 PM

WI: Weight loss in November=5 lbs=0.7%
WO: 8000 steps
FOOD: I had headache when I came home from walking outside. It was very cold.
I thought I got a cold, but I was just hungry. I had some noodle soup and felt much better.

What are your favorite winter comfort foods?

ciecie 12-01-2022 06:59 PM

Good evening! Power walked and ran errands before supper. My fitness goals for today have been attained. 🤶🎅🏻🧑‍🎄🎄

SinaRose 12-01-2022 07:19 PM

Winter comfort foods: really anything hot😀 but hot chocolate, hot bread, pea soup.

For November, I lost, gained, lost, gained, it was like a yo- yo. In the end, I only moved downward one pound. Pitiful yes. So Yangtzer, looks like you are the winner for the monthly challenge. Congratulations on your 5 lb loss. Don’t forget to update your weight on your personal details too. 😉

Exercise
15 minutes stretching
60 minutes elliptical
3 mile walk
30 minute walk

Meals
Breakfast-2 cranberry orange rolls
Lunch-onion & cheese omelet, veg sausage, English muffin
Snack-blueberry bagel & banana

nancylmrn 12-01-2022 10:09 PM

Happy December

WI up 2lbs for the month. Ok I know it will get better
WO almost done with week 9 of my 12 week lifting program

We had snow yesterday and this morning, it always looks so pretty until you have to travel LOL. I have been doing a lot of emotional / boredom eating and am trying hard to gain control. I am very hopeful that at the end of the year I can say I actually lost some weight instead of the other way around. My daughter re-posted this on her FB account

Dear Santa
I want a FAT bank account and a SKINNY body for Christmas. Please don't confuse the two again this year.

I laughed, it is so me.
xxoo

Diana3271 12-01-2022 10:20 PM

Hi Everyone!

Yangtzer Great job on the 5 pounds

SinaRose Great job on the pound. A pound loss is a pound loss!

Nancy You are too funny.

Ciecie Great job on your consistency.

I had a good Dr. appt today. She believes I have had bad allergies. It's strange because it's all been in my lungs, no upper respiratory allergies. The bottom line is that we have a plan. Come back if things don't continue to improve. In the mean time finish off the prescriptions and take a daily antihistamine.

Breakfast and lunch were on plan. Dinner was off plan. DH took me to a nice restaurant tonight. No workout. I need to get back on track with exercise.

Have a Blessed evening!

ciecie 12-02-2022 12:26 AM

Good morning! Diana, that’s great that you were able to get some answers from your primary care doctor. Will be shutting down in a few minutes to go to bed. 🤶🧑‍🎄🎄🎅🏻

Diana3271 12-02-2022 07:59 AM

Thank you, Ciecie.

Steps from yesterday: 4,458

December 2

Philippians 3:14

I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

When he was young. Luke always came in last. He was never more than an average student; he had never succeeded much in anything he had done. That all changed when he decided to lose weight. He realized that much of his problem was a lousy self-image. He knew he could succeed, even if no one else believed it. He would prove it to himself, if nothing else. His pastor had given a sermon called, 'Be everything you can be,' and Luke was going to give it a shot. God didn't create losers. With God's help, Luke knew he could win. Nothing would stop him now. At long last, Luke was on the road to victory.

Today's thought: I will try to keep my sight on what I want to be soon!

SinaRose 12-02-2022 10:37 AM

Good morning!

It’s a new day 😀 Make it count. It’s yours to work with and make it the best it can be.

ciecie 12-02-2022 04:44 PM

Good evening! Did 2 miles Leslie Sansone before I left for work this morning. Power walked and ran errands before I punched in. Will power walk to and home from supper. 🎅🏻🤶🧑‍🎄🎄

Diana3271 12-02-2022 07:52 PM

Hi Everyone! https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ima...iles/wavey.gif

Total Approx 1210 calories + https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ima...ges/coffee.gif

Breakfast ( 210 calories & https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ima...ges/coffee.gif)
1 Siggi's yogurt 110 calories
banana 100 calories
coffee w/cream & sugar

Lunch (500 Calories)
2 protein bars 500 calories

Dinner (500 Calories)
vegetable omelette 300 calories
strawberries 100 calories
apple 100 calories

Exercise:
50 minute walk

Have a Blessed evening!

yangtzer 12-02-2022 09:09 PM

WO: Zumba, Jump Rope

FOOD: Our gas was out of service last night, I had a lot of junk food to keep warm, LOL

Diana3271 12-03-2022 06:54 AM

Praise the Lord, I am doing better with the respiratory situation!

Yangtzer I used to jump rope! My rope had a counter and I made goals from that.

Steps from yesterday: 10,009

Today's devotion really speaks to me.

December 3

1 John 5:4

For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

Sammy was tired of making excuses. He was tired of being dishonest with himself and his friends. He needed to lose weight, and he needed plenty of help to do it. He was considered a strong member of his church, but he didn't even have enough faith or conviction to take off a few pounds. He felt like a hypocrite. Surely, the God who had given him so much strength in other areas of his life could help him lose weight. Christ had conquered so very much. Sammy felt he ought to be able to conquer so very little. Prayerfully, he began a journey toward fitness, assured of the victory through his faith in Christ.

Today's thought: A heart full of Christ is more important than a plate full of food!

ciecie 12-03-2022 08:44 AM

Good morning! Will have breakfast and work out in a few minutes. 🎅🏻🧑‍🎄🤶🎄

Teri000 12-03-2022 10:03 AM

December 2022

Hello!

Diana: Thanks again and again for starting a new thread! Yeah! Get well sooooon!!!!

Hello Sina Rose, Nancy, Yangtzer, and CieCie!

Exercise has been pretty good. I have been back in the pool for a while...and now I am back doing freestyle and backstroke. I have been using the efflexor and rowing machine and bicycle, but I think the efflexors are broke, so maybe I will be using the arc trainer. When I was out of town, I used the cardio room at a different health club... Oh, I have walked outside a few times and indoors at big box stores... A family member watches these people dancing on YouTube. I tried dancing to them...It will take a long time to learn the steps...

Diet has been fine except for chocolate...oh well, December is a new month. I did stop and get a salad at Mediterranean restaurant. I don't plan to weigh myself too soon...

I have been working on a giant to do list. I have a lot of goals accomplished, but some big ones are a problem.

Have a great weekend!

SinaRose 12-03-2022 10:15 AM

Hi Teri, sounds like you are doing good.

Hi Diana-glad you are feeling better.

Yangtzer-hope are able to stay warm. Have you had any snow yet?

Ciecie-Hope you stay warm while out there walking.

ciecie 12-03-2022 01:02 PM

Good afternoon! Got home from power walking and running errands a few minutes ago. Had lunch. Will go for another power walk and run errands in a few minutes. I do dress warmly when I leave the house. 🎅🏻🧑‍🎄🤶🎄

yangtzer 12-03-2022 08:07 PM

WO: Jump Rope

FOOD: On track

Teri..Happy swimming! What chocolate do you like? :) Dark, Milk or white?

Ciecie..Happy walking!

Diana..Glad you’re doing better :) A rope with counter, that’s fancy. Do you still go to your “little gym” in the winter?

SinaRose..We only had some snow flurries, but it was cold. How’s your husband doing with the diet?

Nancy..How are you doing?

ciecie 12-03-2022 08:25 PM

Good evening! Did 2 miles Leslie Sansone this afternoon. My fitness goals for today have been attained. 🎅🏻🧑‍🎄🤶🎄

nancylmrn 12-03-2022 10:18 PM

Hello all
WI - nope not today
WO completed week 9 + I got my pull up bar from Amazon. my goal this month is to be able to do a pull and a push up. not on my knee push up but full body.

Eating wise not so great, those evening snacks are what will do me in.

Diana that is so weird about the allergies and respiratory with you. I thought they discovered all your allergies?

ok I have to scoot.

ciecie 12-04-2022 01:30 AM

Good morning! Fell asleep in front of the tv. Will be shutting down in a few minutes to go to bed. 🤶🎄🧑‍🎄🎅🏻

Diana3271 12-04-2022 07:07 AM

I didn't post last night.

Nancy I'm not sure what's going on but the antihistamine seems to be working. I will go with it for now.

Yangtzer I am hoping to get back to the gym tomorrow. The last couple of weeks there's been a lot going on and I was sick for 6 weeks or so. Need to get back in the swing of things.

So, yesterday I was around a lot people, a lot of personalities. I ended up binging. I don't know why this keeps happening. I feel I get a handle on things and then wham, here we go again. Not making excuses for my behavior. I really want to figure this out and move on.

Yesterday's workout: Decorating the church for Christmas and 45 minute outdoor walk

Steps from yesterday: 20,424

December 4

Hebrews 10:22
Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

Betty liked having people around. When others watched her, she was more likely to behave herself and stay on her diet. She felt guilty if anyone caught her cheating. A little guilt was a good thing for someone trying to lose weight. When she was alone, she didn't feel nearly as guilty. If she was ever going to lose weight, she was going to have to make sure there were people around. We ought to remember that no matter what we do, God is watching. He can help us on to victory if we will keep in mind that He is ever with us, to act as our conscience when we need Him to.

Today's thought: I hope my conscience is stronger than my appetite!

ciecie 12-04-2022 07:30 AM

Good morning again! Will have breakfast and work out in a few minutes. 🎄🤶🧑‍🎄🎅🏻

SinaRose 12-04-2022 10:38 AM

Happy Sunday! It’s 3 weeks until Christmas. I have to work on my Christmas cards today. Went to a holiday bazaar yesterday and enjoyed it. I did eat a small piece of cheesecake there. It will be a struggle for me to diet during the holiday season, but I will try to keep it reasonable.

Yangtzer- hubby’s diet went as far as saying the words that he would do it, but his actions didn’t. He is not dieting or exercising with me. Oh well, I still have the group here for support.

ciecie 12-04-2022 10:52 AM

Hi all! Just finished getting ready for church. Will power walk and run errands on my way to church. Will power walk to lunch after church. Will power walk and run errands on my way home from lunch. 🤶🎅🏻🎄🧑‍🎄

yangtzer 12-04-2022 07:30 PM

Our gas is back on, WooHoo!

WO: none
FOOD: on track

ciecie 12-04-2022 07:55 PM

Good evening! After I got home from church and lunch, I got caught up on my laundry. Watched the lighting of the Christmas Tree at Rockefeller Center this afternoon. I recorded it and loved it! Power walked and ran errands before supper tonight. My fitness goals for today have been attained. 🎅🏻🤶🧑‍🎄🎄

Diana3271 12-04-2022 08:45 PM

Hi Everyone! https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ima...iles/wavey.gif

Total Approx 1510 calories + https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ima...ges/coffee.gif

Breakfast ( 210 calories & https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ima...ges/coffee.gif)
1 Siggi's yogurt 110 calories
banana 100 calories
coffee w/cream & sugar

Lunch (700 Calories)
salad w/grilled salmon & BHF's ranch 700 calories

Dinner ( 600 Calories)
vegetable omelette 300 calories
toast w/butter 200 calories
apple 100 calories

Exercise:
45 minute walk

Have a Blessed evening!

nancylmrn 12-04-2022 10:42 PM

Well I have to say this weekend was a bit ...errr...off track LOL

I am ready to take on next week though
My workout schedule is set, I have not completed my meal plan but I can do that in the am

I forgot to mention, I lost my fitbit sometime last Tuesday while shopping at the local mall.I don't think I will replace it anytime soon. It is a great tool but not one that really pushed me to set goals and keep them.

waving

ciecie 12-05-2022 07:35 AM

Good morning! Will have breakfast and work out in a few minutes. 🤶🧑‍🎄🎄🎅🏻

Diana3271 12-05-2022 08:52 AM

Steps from yesterday: 9,494

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy. Have a great start to your week!

December 5

James 1:12

Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.

Shelley was thrilled when she was named homecoming queen. It had been a dream of hers since childhood. When she knew she was in the running, she began to diet. Weight had always been a struggle for her. This time she had great motivation, and that made all the difference in the world. She prayed for God's help, and He gave her the determination she needed to diet-and to win the crown. The crown of the pageant was one thing, but Shelley knew God had given her much more than that. Through faith, she had received life everlasting and a share in the victory of Christ Jesus.

Today's thought: My diet will end, but the lessons learned from it will last a lifetime!

SinaRose 12-05-2022 10:29 AM

Yesterday my exercise and eating were okay. Can do better today.

:dust: for all

ciecie 12-05-2022 12:45 PM

Good afternoon! Had breakfast. Will go for a power walk and run errands in a few minutes. 🤶🧑‍🎄🎄🎅🏻

yangtzer 12-05-2022 07:07 PM

WO: 12000 steps , biking walking
FOOD: on track