3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   November 2022 - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/325608-november-2022-daily-accountability-lifestyle-change-everyone-welcome.html)

Diana3271 10-31-2022 09:31 PM

November 2022 - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome!

Hi, Everyone! Welcome to the Check-In! Let's make it a great month!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

Here's to the start of a great month!

Diana3271 11-01-2022 08:34 AM

Good Morning, Everyone! https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ima...iles/wavey.gif

Steps from yesterday: 11,203

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy.

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

November 1

Hebrews 6:10
For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which ye have shewed toward his name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister.

What a great reward! Robin had never looked so good. All her months of dieting paid off royally. It was beautiful to see the expressions on people's faces when they saw her. She couldn't wait to go out to show herself off. God had certainly blessed her through the rough time of dieting. There were days when she decided it just wasn't worth it. Now, she could hardly believe she ever had doubts. Looking in the mirror, she even surprised herself. She never thought she'd look this good. When we dedicate ourselves to doing things that are right and good to do, God is sure to bless us and reward us for our labors.

Today's thought: Improvement comes with practice. I can even get good at dieting!

ciecie 11-01-2022 09:18 AM

Good morning! The antibiotic should help. October sure went by fast. Will have breakfast and work out in a few minutes. 😃

nancylmrn 11-01-2022 10:16 AM

I am never far just posting daily has not been a strong point lately
WI - nope not today, halloween candy screamed at me all last night and I gave in to the tune of about 8 mini candy bars
WO will get started on that in a few minutes. This is week 5 of 12. I missed last Friday so I have to make it up this week.

Our homeless are still there.....but at least they are no longer covering the sidewalk and using our building as an anchor for the tarps. at least today anyway.
I am afraid stress eating is really wreaking my progress.

I will try and do better this month to post consistently

SinaRose 11-01-2022 11:18 AM

The only bad workout is the one that didn’t happen.

Good morning! Time to get in gear and make it happen.

SinaRose 11-01-2022 06:02 PM

Exercise
15 minutes stretching
27 minutes elliptical
2 mile walk

Meals (Total 1186 cal)
Breakfast (380 cal)
….Cereal, Morning Summit 3/4 cup (280 cal)
….Soy drink, 1 cup (100 cal)

Brunch ( 493cal)
….Egg, scrambled w/ olive oil, 2 (212 cal)
….Broccoli, 1 cup (31 cal)
….Bacon, Veggie strip 2 (60 cal)
….Sausage, veggie 1 (40 cal)
….Bread, Thomas English Muffin (150 cal)

Lunch (313 cal)
….Moku Jerky, Korean barbecue (110 cal)
….Chik Pattie, Alpha (170 cal)
….Marshmallow, Yummallo (33 cal)

Took it easy on my leg today walking. Ankle starting to bother me too. I don’t know why. I am sure to get a good workout tomorrow shoveling snow. Expect to get 7 more inches of snow tonight.

ciecie 11-01-2022 06:54 PM

Good evening! Power walked to and home from my meeting tonight. Had supper when I got home. My fitness goals are today have been attained. 😃

yangtzer 11-01-2022 08:16 PM

Hello November,

it's going to be a great month :)

WO: Went to a flower show, plenty of steps

FOOD: It was a struggle before bed, LOL

Teri, Shrink..waving hello!!

Ciecie..Happy Walking!! Are the leaves gone in your area?

Diana..11,203 steps, that’s awesome!
Do we want to have a “The Biggest Loser” contest this month?
Who lose the most percentage of weight gets Gold, Silver and Bronze medals, hahaha.

Nancy..Wow, Week 5 already, good job!! Will the homeless move away when the winter comes?

SinaRose…Nice food journal. Wow, snow already. Where are you in AK?

I’ve only been to southern tip of AK by boat, Juneau, Ketchikan. It was really a great time :)

Diana3271 11-01-2022 10:14 PM

Hi Everyone!

Yangtzer I think SinaRose did a challenge the other month. I'm ok with having another challenge.

My breakfast and lunch were on plan but my dinner was off plan wince we went out for my DH's birthday. Tomorrow will be on plan. Thursday is the fair and will be off plan. I will be on plan after that. I hope to keep my off plan days in moderation.

No workout to report.

Have a Blessed evening!

SinaRose 11-01-2022 11:58 PM

Hey, I think another challenge would be great!!! 😀Count me in, please.

I live in South Central Alaska on the Kenai Peninsula.

nancylmrn 11-02-2022 01:08 AM

Good evening to all
WI not today, candy last night ya know oopsy
WO yep, I have to do 1 extra day this week to make up for a skipped day last week

Our homeless keep lighting fires, we had to have emergency services come aka..fire department come. I am so afraid this is going to deter the people who are buying the building and back out.

I will cheer on the sidelines for a weight loss challenge. I think my challenge is just going to maintain the next few months

ciecie 11-02-2022 08:16 AM

Good morning! Did 2 miles Leslie Sansone this morning. Will have breakfast in a few minutes. Will be going to my volunteer job today. 😃

Diana3271 11-02-2022 09:44 AM

My goal will be just to maintain and/or lose water weight. I gained 4 pounds of water weight from yesterday. We went to one of the cook in front of you Japanese steakhouses last night. My DH loves that type of food and that's what he wanted for his birthday. I just hate what all of that sodium does to me.

Steps from yesterday: 5,008

November 2

James 1:2
My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations.

Renee really felt good whenever she had the strength to say no to food that was offered to her. Each time she could refuse eating, it made her feel she'd won a moral victory. Mentally, she kept score. It became a game to see how often she could hold out between defeats. In a strange way, it made her diet enjoyable. She felt she was really accomplishing something that was important. By the end of about four months, Renee was able to defeat just about every temptation that came along. She felt God's pleasure as she grew more able to decline treats. That joy made her diet fly by.

Today's thought: Diets can be fun, especially when they're done!

ciecie 11-02-2022 02:08 PM

Good afternoon! Power walked to and home from the thrift shop today. Ran errands on the way home. Will go for another power walk and run errands in a few minutes.Will 😄

SinaRose 11-02-2022 04:17 PM

Being challenged in life is inevitable. Being defeated is optional.

Happy Wednesday!!

yangtzer 11-02-2022 08:21 PM

https://static.boredpanda.com/blog/w...4d292__700.jpg

ciecie 11-02-2022 08:31 PM

Good night all! Power walked and ran errands before supper tonight. My fitness goals for today have been attained. 😃

Diana3271 11-02-2022 10:59 PM

Hi Everyone! :wave:

Yangtzer I agree, it's the collar, LOL.

Total Approx 1400 Calories + :coffee:

Breakfast 300 calories + :coffee:
overnight oats 300 calories
coffee w/cream & sugar

Lunch 400 calories
apple & pistachios 400 calories

Dinner 700 calories
salad w/grilled chicken & BHF's ranch 600 caloires
apple 100 calories

Exercise
30 minute walk

Have a Blessed evening!

SinaRose 11-02-2022 11:34 PM

Exercise
2 hours shoveling snow
2 hours digging/shoveling gravel & snow

Meals. (Total 1423 cal)
Breakfast (230 cal)
….Bagel, blueberry (230 cal)

Lunch (735 cal)
….Cheese, Jarlsberg 1 (100 cal)
….Salad, Caesar (215 cal)
….Walnuts 1/4 cup (200 cal)
….Sausage, plant based, Field Roast Smoked Apple & Sage (220 cal)

Snack (458 cal)
….Hot chocolate (160 cal)
….Marshmallow, Yummalo 1 (33 cal)
…..Waffles, chocolate 2 (210 cal)
…..Maple syrup 1 tbsp (55 cal)

Cute pooch, exactly how I feel. 😁

SinaRose 11-03-2022 10:53 AM

Think of that feeling you’ll get when you’ve reached your goal weight.

Your obstacles may seem like mountains too big to move, and in your own strength, they certainly are. But as a believer, you have the power of the Holy Spirit within you. Although your circumstances may not change, He’ll give you His comfort, joy, peace, patience, and strength to go through it. The Spirit is God’s promise of continual help to His weary people.

Diana3271 11-03-2022 10:55 AM

Steps from yesterday: 8,997

November 3

Psalms 126:6
He that goeth forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him.

The groaning was over. The long nights of hunger lay behind. For some strange reason, the diet was getting easier. Finally, Diane's body had gotten the message that snacks and heavy meals were no more. The cravings and cryings of her stomach subsided. It had been a tough war, but Diane felt she had scored a victory at long last. All the weeping was behind, and she felt a wonderful joy. She knew that plenty of tough times lay ahead, but she also knew she could handle them. With God's help, she would make it. The hardest part was behind her.

Today's thought: When I take it one day at a time, the days fall away as fast as the pounds!

ciecie 11-03-2022 11:16 AM

Good morning! Had breakfast. Will go for a power walk and run errands in a few minutes. 😃

yangtzer 11-03-2022 06:48 PM

WI: down 3 lbs
I need a rest!

ciecie 11-03-2022 08:32 PM

Good night all! Power walked and ran errands before supper tonight. My fitness goals for today have been attained. 😃

Diana3271 11-03-2022 09:29 PM

Hi Everyone! :wave:

DH and I went to the fair tonight and I had fair food. Back on plan tomorrow. I'm looking forward to getting back on plan.

Have a Blessed evening!

SinaRose 11-03-2022 11:54 PM

Congratulations Yangzter on your 3lb loss 🏆🎊

Exercise
15 minutes stretching
27 minutes elliptical
3 mile walk

Meals (Total 1952 cal)
Breakfast (230 cal)

Lunch ( 732 cal)
….Burrito, Lilly B’s Beans Rice Cheese (340 cal)
….Beans, S&W 3 bean blend 1/2 can (192 cal)
….Rice, Seeds of Change , Brown/Red & Kale 1/2 pouch (200 cal)

Dinner (990 cal)
….Pizza, Sig Sel Cheese (990 cal)
I should have skipped the pizza, but it smelled so good while I was making it for our dinner.

ciecie 11-04-2022 09:20 AM

Good morning! Did 2 miles Leslie Sansone this morning before I left for work. Power walked to the supermarket after I was dropped off. I'm taking a break now. Will resume grocery shopping in a few minutes. 😃

SinaRose 11-04-2022 11:12 AM

Yes, it is possible to lose weight, and No, it isn’t easy.

But You can do it!!!!

Diana3271 11-04-2022 12:39 PM

Default Yes, it is possible to lose weight, and No, it isn’t easy.But You can do it!!!!

I agree!

Diana3271 11-04-2022 12:40 PM

Steps from yesterday: 8,556

November 4

Luke 15:10
'Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth.'

Paul fumbled with his keys outside his apartment. When he tried the lock, the door swung inward. Cautiously, he entered. As he switched on the light a dozen of his friends and neighbors jumped out, shouting, 'Surprise!' They had come out to offer a congratulations party for the sixty pounds Paul had been able to lose. It was such a wonderful moment. Paul had felt joyful about what he had done for some time, but it was something special to have friends celebrate with him. God had blessed Paul so much. Not only had He helped him when he dieted, but He gave him such good friends.

Today's thought: To gain means starvation; to lose, jubilation!

ciecie 11-04-2022 04:54 PM

Good afternoon! Power walked to work after I was done grocery shopping. Had a busy day at work. Will power walk to and home from supper in a few minutes. Will run errands on the way home. 😃

SinaRose 11-04-2022 06:30 PM

Exercise
15 minutes stretching
27 minutes elliptical
30 minute wallk

Meals (712 cal)
Breakfast (230 cal)
Lunch ( 482 cal)
….Salad, Garden 1.5 cup (15 cal)
….Tortilla , Mission wheat 1 (110 cal)
….Egg, scrambled w/ olive oil, 2 (212 cal)
….Salsa Fresca 2tbsp, (5 cal)
….Tortilla chips, blue corn (140 cal)

ciecie 11-04-2022 08:13 PM

Good night all! Power walked to and home from supper tonight. My fitness goals for today have been attained. 😃

yangtzer 11-04-2022 09:02 PM

WO: Hiking 10 miles

FOOD: Had some sweets, but in moderation.

Nancy, Teri..Waving hello!!

Ciecie..Happy grocery shopping! Do you prep your meals for the whole week?

Diana..Happy walking! How was the fair food? Fried Oreos? :T

SinaRose…Wow, I can smell your Pizza from this side of the screen :D Did you make it from scratch? Btw, did you walk 3 miles outside in the AK winter?

Diana3271 11-04-2022 09:28 PM

Hi Everyone! https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ima...iles/wavey.gif

Yangtzer One of my favorite fair foods is an elephant ear.

Total Approx 950 calories + https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ima...ges/coffee.gif

Breakfast ( 300 calories & https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ima...ges/coffee.gif)
overnight oats 300
coffee w/cream & sugar

Lunch ( 250 Calories)
1 protein bar 250 calories

Dinner ( 400 Calories)
vegetable omelette 300 calories
coconut popsicle 100 calories

Exercise:
Weights at the gym, 10 minutes elliptical, 30 minute walk

Have a Blessed evening!

Diana3271 11-05-2022 07:49 AM

Steps from yesterday: 10,008

November 5

Matthew 5:11
'Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.'

Ken could hardly wait to get back to school. Peter had ridden him about his weight the entire year before. When Ken had vowed to lose weight over the summer, Pete had laughed at him. 'Fat boy, you can't keep away from food. You'll be back, big as a beach ball. Don't kid yourself!' Ken could hardly wait to make Pete eat those words. He had spent the entire summer as a Christian youth counselor at camp. The people there were so supportive of what he was trying to do. They had made it possible. Not only had they helped him lose weight, but they helped him show Peter just how wrong he could be!

ciecie 11-05-2022 10:48 AM

Good morning! Yangtzer, I don't cook for myself. I frozen entrees. I read the labels. Had breakfast. Will go for a power walk and run errands in a few minutes. 😃

SinaRose 11-05-2022 10:58 AM

Exercise. It’s not about having time. It’s about making time.

Yangzter-I walk outside with my dog in the snow. It may be in the woods or on a on a country road. He is a great motivator (rain, snow, sunshine). Oh, and that pizza was ready made but very good.

ciecie 11-05-2022 01:22 PM

Good afternoon! Power walked and ran errands before lunch. Will go for another power walk and run errands in a minutes. 😃

Teri000 11-05-2022 02:37 PM

November 2022

Diana: Thanks again and again for starting a new thread. ...Me, too...I am up a tad last month from the holidays...
SineRose: I did not realize that you are from AK! So far north. I enjoy some of the reality shows/travel shows filmed up there...I used to watch this show called Northern Exposure...Very amusing...
Yangtzer: I am doing some walking and some swimming.
Hi CieCie and Nancy!

Exercise is okay. I have a cold, so I have been away from the pool for a couple of days. Diet could be better.

I saw 2 coyotes wander through the backyard in the afternoon this week. There must be a lot of other critters around...

Have a good week!