3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   August 2021 - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/323723-august-2021-daily-accountability-lifestyle-change-everyone-welcome.html)

Diana3271 07-31-2021 08:55 PM

August 2021 - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome!

Hi, Everyone! Welcome to the Check-In! Let's make it a great month!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

Here's to the start of a great month!

ciecie 07-31-2021 09:07 PM

Thanks for starting the August thread started. 😁❤️😷🍀

Teri000 08-01-2021 03:09 AM

August 2021

Hi!

Diana: Thanks (again) for beginning a new thread.
CieCie: I too like to watch the Olympics. It is amazing what people have accomplished.

No exercise Saturday, but I played Scrabble.

Diana3271 08-01-2021 06:57 AM

Good Morning, Everyone! https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ima...iles/wavey.gif Welcome back!

The good and the bad: My monthly, daily step average was over 10,000 again, which is good. Bad is my weight.

I need to try to get my ticker back and updated.

Steps for yesterday: 8,692
This Morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters
August 1

John 14:18
'I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.'

Joan was such a great friend. Almost every day she would stop by to see how things were going. Joan had been there herself. She had battled her weight for years. It was comforting to have someone around who had made it. Joan looked great. Just knowing it could be done made the whole diet easier, somehow. When we try to lose weight all by ourselves, the struggle is doubly difficult. We all need support in tough times. We can count on God's comfort when we diet. He has promised that He will never leave us comfortless. Believe in that promise. When our diets seem most futile, God will come to us.

Today's thought: With the help of friends, I can lose more pounds!

Rachel1234 08-01-2021 07:02 AM

New hip! New month!

Hello to all my lovely chick friends! My surgery went wonderfully. I am home and recovering. How can I thank you all enough for your powerful prayers? God is good; He has been gracious and full of mercy and lovingkindness toward me during this time.

I ate well during my time away; too well. I probably had between 1700-1900 calories per day. It's a new month with buckle-down goals:

Today's Plan: 1200-1500 calories, 2 liters water, veggies, fiber, vit/min supp., certain foot and leg movements post surgery.

ciecie 08-01-2021 08:00 AM

Good morning! Rachel, glad the hip replacement surgery went well. Will have breakfast and work out in a few minutes. 😁🍀😷❤️

Tealer 08-01-2021 10:19 AM

Sunday August 1, 2021

Today's reason to stay OP ---
--- I want to be below 250# for my birthday later this month

-----------------------------------------------------
Weight on 3/26/21 --- 276.4
Current Weight --- 255.6
Short Term Goal (30 pounds) --- 246.4

Sleep ---
---7 hr 5 min & 77 sleep score

Meditation ---
---10 min Youtube yoga video

Exercise---
---Short 2 mile walk

Water---
---None logged so far

Breakfast ---
---2 cups of half caffeine coffee - 0 kcal
---5 oz Califa Better Half Vanilla
---2 large sliced apples
---2 cups sliced strawberries

I know I have been MIA lately. Work has been really busy and I got out of the habit of posting regularly. I started a vegan whole foods plant based diet 2 weeks ago. Today is day 14. I am hoping to make it 28 days on this diet before my 35th birthday later this month. I am actually doing really well with it. I don't feel hungry and am not really craving junk food. I am in a good rhythm with the eating at this time and want to keep it up. Happy to have my weight moving in the right direction this month.

ciecie 08-01-2021 10:29 AM

Good morning again! Tealer, glad to see you back! Power walked and ran errands this morning. Got home just in time, too. It’s raining hard. We need the rain but not the thunder and lightning. 😁❤️😷🍀

nancylmrn 08-01-2021 01:11 PM

Welcome back Rachel! I am so happy your surgery went well and can't wait until you and Simone team up.

WI down a bit this am but I did not eat much yesterday, today is lunch/dinner out with my now adult foster daughter
WO just normal steps for me today somewhere between 6-10K steps seems to be about right when I don't have anything planned.

back later

ciecie 08-01-2021 04:12 PM

Good afternoon! Had intended to power walk to lunch this afternoon but it was raining too hard. Will power walk to supper tonight. Will take care of the trash first. 😁🍀😷❤️

Diana3271 08-01-2021 10:17 PM

Hi Everyone! https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ima...iles/wavey.gif

Welcome back, everyone!

Rachel I'm glad to hear the surgery went well. Continued prayers.

Total Approx 1270 calories + https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ima...ges/coffee.gif

Breakfast ( 320 calories & https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ima...ges/coffee.gif)
2 Siggi's yogurtS 220 calories
banana 100 calories
coffee w/cream & sugar

Lunch ( 500 Calories)
Salad w/grilled salmon & BHF's ranch 500 calories

Dinner (450 Calories)
frittata made w/2 eggs, shredded cheese and veggies 350 calories
strawberries 100 calories

Exercise:
No workout

Have a Blessed evening!

GoodLif 08-01-2021 11:08 PM

Hey pals. Today I came across this amazing audiobook on Weightloss. The book suggests new habits that we all can undertake to help our journey without suffering.
You can check out the boo

GoodLif 08-01-2021 11:10 PM

Hey pals. Today I came across this amazing audiobook on Weightloss. The book suggests new habits that we all can undertake to help our journey without suffering.
You can check out the boHey pals. Today I came across this amazing audiobook on Weightloss. The book suggests new habits that we all can undertake to help our journey without suffering.
You can check out the boHey pals. Today I came across this amazing audiobook on Weightloss. The book suggests new habits that we all can undertake to help our journey without suffering.
You can check out the bo

GoodLif 08-01-2021 11:11 PM

.Hey pals. Today I came across this amazing audiobook on Weightloss. The book suggests new habits that we all can undertake to help our journey without suffering.
You can check out the bo

GoodLif 08-01-2021 11:11 PM

You can check out the bo

GoodLif 08-01-2021 11:12 PM

Hey pals. Today I came across this amazing audiobook on Weight loss. The book suggests new habits that we all can undertake to help our journey without suffering.
You can check out the bo

ciecie 08-02-2021 12:46 AM

Good morning! Will be shutting down in a few minutes to go to bed. 😁🍀😷❤️

Rachel1234 08-02-2021 03:16 AM

Good morning

I took in 1560 calories yesterday, Too much salad dressing. My weight is up.

Today's Plan: 1200-1500 calories, 2 liters water, veggies, fiber, vit/min supp., foot and leg exercises to prevent blood clots.

ciecie 08-02-2021 07:13 AM

Good morning again! Will have breakfast and work out in a few minutes. 😁❤️😷🍀

Teri000 08-02-2021 07:20 AM

August 2021

Nancy: I wish we had more shade trees...I think it would mean weeds that grew much slower...
Good Morning Tealer, CieCie, and Diana!
Welcome backkkkkk Rachel! Were your cats happy to see you?

I filled up another bushel with weeds. Gee, maybe with all this weeding, maybe we should put in gravel. But you know, we have a gravel driveway, and it is amazing how many plants germinate/thrive in gravel. I did some wts. and some exercises on the stability ball last night.
Thanks for the info Goodlif.

ciecie 08-02-2021 09:53 AM

Hi all! Had breakfast. Will go for a power walk and run errands in a few minutes. Have a load of laundry in the dryer so need to wait until that’s done. 😁🍀😷❤️

Diana3271 08-02-2021 10:54 AM

Good Morning, Everyone! https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ima...iles/wavey.gif

Figured out the ticker and got it updated.

Steps for yesterday: 6,104

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy! Have a great start to your week!

August 2

Matthew 11:28
'Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

'
Sunday was 'anything goes' day. Carol had decided that if she was good about sticking to her diet through the week, she would allow herself to splurge on Sunday. It made the diet so much more tolerable. Interestingly, she never really went overboard on Sunday. She ate something she really liked, but she ate a moderate amount and found herself totally satisfied. Whenever we attempt something difficult, we need to allow ourselves a respite. It is a good thing to take a break, even from a diet. It requires self-control, but it can help us keep a healthy perspective on why we diet in the first place. Once we have rested from our fast, we can return to it renewed.

Today's thought: I am tired of being heavy-ladened physically!

ciecie 08-02-2021 11:16 AM

Finally headed out the door. Will get my mask, keys, money and head out the door. 😁🍀😷❤️

Tealer 08-02-2021 02:54 PM

I got up early this morning to watch the US women's soccer team lose to Canada. Oh well. I didn't get enough sleep last night, but still feel pretty ok.

I am still on my vegan whole food diet. Had 2 sliced up apples for breakfast with coffee and a very large salad for lunch. There was cake in the office for someone's birthday, but I wasn't really tempted. The junk food is mostly out of my system and I am not craving it much. Also it wasn't one of my favorite types of cake. Winding down the work day and about to eat my strawberries.

Happy Monday Chicks!

ciecie 08-02-2021 03:32 PM

Good afternoon! Just woke up from a nap. Will take a shower in a few minutes. 😁❤️😷🍀

Teri000 08-02-2021 04:51 PM

August 2021

Good Afternoon!

Rachel: Hope you are recovering from being "run over by a Mac truck"... Do you have someone coming in to do physical therapy with you?
Tealer: Good for you, skipping the cake. Sometimes, I wish and don't wish to be in certain situations (at the same time). Did you ever play soccer?

I biked/swam this am. I wish that I was energized by the process...For lunch, I made 3 mini BLT sliders with thin slices of French bread, 3/4 slice of bacon, lettuce, tomato and cucumber. Yum. I do my burgers with thin slices of French bread, veggies and 1 ounce size burgers...It works out pretty well. And baby carrots...

ciecie 08-02-2021 06:48 PM

Good evening! Power walked and ran errands after my shower. Had supper. Will be in a Zoom meeting in a few minutes. 😁🍀😷❤️

nancylmrn 08-02-2021 08:31 PM

Good evening to all
WI, so I always count "Monday" as my official WI....and of course I am all bloated so my scale told me I was up 2lbs this am...that makes a gain of .4 for the week....drats.
WO made it to the gym but could only do 30 on the elliptical and tried the weights, barely got one set of 4 lifts done....it is going to be a slow road back to where I was. But this gives me something to build on and note in a month from now.

Teri I don't know if the shade makes the weeds grow slower, but it is a breeding ground for MOSS. There is not getting rid of moss when you have a yard surrounded by evergreens. The needles drop and choke out the grass and poof, and tada...you have moss. We did spend one summer raking it all up, replanting seed, only to have moss take over in less than six months.
Rachel, what types of exercises are you allowed to do these next few weeks? If you driving restricted? How are mom and dad?
Diana, I am so glad you managed to fix your 'ticker' it kinda made me sad to see it all messed up
Tealer, I get it about the junk food, I really go through phases and right now it really does not taste that great and leaves me more hungry in a few hours. I do like cut up strawberries, and if I am feeling really like some fun I take my melon ball maker to a watermelon.
ciecie, a nap sounds so wonderful right now....<sigh>

ciecie 08-02-2021 09:28 PM

Good evening again! Just got home from power walking and running errands. My fitness goals for today have been attained. 😁🍀😷❤️

Diana3271 08-02-2021 11:31 PM

Nancy The ticker being messed up was kinda like a reflection of me me. :lol:

Total Approx 1240 calories + https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ima...ges/coffee.gif

Breakfast ( 310 calories & https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ima...ges/coffee.gif)
Frittata
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
veggies 60
14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/cream & sugar

Lunch (320 Calories)
2 Siggi's yogurts 220 calories
Banana 100 calories

Dinner (610 Calories)
salmon seared in the pan 350 calories
sauteed yellow squash and shredded carrots 100 calories
peach cobbler 250 calories

Exercise:
2 miles w/Leslie and CS hips
We had bad storms this afternoon so I couldn't walk outside.

Have a Blessed evening!

Rachel1234 08-03-2021 03:18 AM

Good morning

Teri, yes, my cats were glad to see me! There are still a few I have not seen because I cannot climb steps well yet and some of my cats are in the upper garage. My husband is taking care of my cats for now. I don't have any physical therapy, just certain foot and leg exercises to start off with. But walking is necessary for "therapy." They told me "Every step is therapy with the hip." So no official physical therapy is ordered. They also gave me exercises to do after Week 4. Need to let it heal a bit.So I just "walk" around the house as I can tolerate. Outside the house I use the walker. They said to let pain be my guide. If I overdo it, back off.

Nancy, maybe my explanation to Teri helped answer your question about my exercises at this point. Mom and Dad are hanging in there. Mom still at nursing home til Monday, August 9. She's been such a trooper. Dad misses Mom so much; my brother has been assisting Dad. We all just want to get back to normal!

Friends brought treats over. I indulged. I took in 2000 calories yesterday.

Today's Plan: 1200-1500 calories, 2 liters water, veggies, fiber, vit/min supp., leg and foot excercises and walk as can tolerate (using walker).

ciecie 08-03-2021 08:19 AM

Good morning! Will have breakfast and work out in a few minutes. 😁🍀😷❤️

Tealer 08-03-2021 08:43 AM

Hi Rachel. I'm glad you're on the mend and doing well. Hopefully everything will settle down soon.

I am still going strong with my vegan whole foods diet. I ate 2 sliced apples and 2 cups of coffee with almond creamer for breakfast. Packed a large salad for lunch and about 2 cups of sliced strawberries for a late afternoon snack. My food for the day is packed and preped. I should be sailing through an easy day. Scale was down to 254 this morning, the lowest number I've seen yet. I think I'm looking good to hit my goal of <250# for my birthday on August 20th. Gotta keep my eye on the prize.

Diana3271 08-03-2021 08:52 AM

Good Morning, Everyone! https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ima...iles/wavey.gif

Tealer Great job on the scale!

Rachel Hang in there and follow their instructions.

Steps for yesterday: 10,090

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy!

August 3

John 14:27
'Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

'
Bill felt it was a no-win situation. If he dieted, he felt lousy because he was hungry all the time. If he broke his diet, he felt guilty. It was hard to tell which was worse, the hunger or the guilt. He wanted to trim down, but he loved to eat. He never knew that he'd suffer through so much turmoil just trying to lose weight. Diets can really stir us up. They make us feel physically and emotionally strained. During periods of dieting, we need to find peace of mind and heart. Ask God for that peace. He promises to deliver it to those who ask Him for it. When we need it most, God gladly gives it.

Today's thought: Better to have peace of mind than a piece of cake!

ciecie 08-03-2021 09:55 AM

Good morning again! Rachel, I’m praying your recovery goes well. Had breakfast. Will go for a power walk and run errands in a few minutes. 😁🍀😷❤️

Teri000 08-03-2021 05:32 PM

August 2021

Hi!

Nancy: I have had evergreens that I trimmed off the lower branches, so I could walk under it. I put a little bit of dirt and rocks down, so I could have a raised bed. Stuff grew pretty well. It is pretty dry under a pine tree and the soil is acid and less sun. I would look up what grows well under pine tree, in acid soil, dry conditions, etc... I had the same problem with grass dying. I think there are some grasses that grow better in the shade.. In recent years, I have had moss growing in some beds. It is new to me... I started growing my primroses in window boxes for better drainage...

Rachel: I watched this video of these guys chasing a cat on the field during a pro-baseball game. I think it took 4 minutes to get the cat to run in the dugout.

I biked/swam this am and later I did wts. and used the stability ball. Swimming relaxes me so much, that I don't get anything done.

ciecie 08-03-2021 07:10 PM

Good evening! Went for several power walks today. Will do 2 miles Leslie Sansone in a few minutes. 😁🍀😷❤️

Diana3271 08-03-2021 10:20 PM

Total Approx 1380 calories + https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ima...ges/coffee.gif

Breakfast ( 310 calories & https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ima...ges/coffee.gif)
Frittata
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
veggies 60
14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/cream & sugar

Lunch (320 Calories)
2 Siggi's yogurts 220 calories
Banana 100 calories

Dinner ( 750 Calories)
salad w/grilled chicken & BHF's ranch 500 calories
sliver pistachio cake 250 calories (was at a ladies church meeting and my friend made the cake)

Exercise:
30 minute audio walking workout from Kathy Smith
https://www.kathysmith.com/free-30-min-walking-audio/

Have a Blessed evening!

ciecie 08-03-2021 10:51 PM

Good night all! Did 2 miles Leslie Sansone. My fitness goals for today have been attained. Watching The Olympics! 😁❤️😷🍀

Rachel1234 08-04-2021 03:21 AM

Good morning

Teri, Well, you know what they say, "It's like herding cats" :D

Ciecie, I really appreciate your prayers. I'm discovering there will be good and bad days during this healing process; different types of aches and pains. I must practice patience and give it time to "heal."

Tealer, Thank you!! I like your whole food veggie plan.

Diana, good advice ;).

I wonder how USC4valpo is doing. Miss his posts.

I took in 1390 calories yesterday. My aunt brought me some portion-sized frozen veggie meals! So thoughtful and helpful.

Today's Plan: 1200-1400 calroies, 2 liters water, veggies, fiber, vit/min supp., post-surgical exercises.