Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-04-2021, 03:04 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 209/182/175

Default mindful eating

i did a search of this site regarding mindful eating and, while it is mentioned in a few posts, there is no thread specifically dedicated to this topic.

mindful eating covers such things as what foods you buy, how you prepare it, and more. my real interest here is in HOW we eat. as we all know, a lot of our food is consumed while driving, while working, while watching tv/youtube, etc. i.e. we barely pay attention to our food.

a few years back, i got to know someone who was born and raised in an african country. his attitude towards food is quite different. he will wake in the morning pondering the plan for the days dinner, is more than willing to spend time shopping for specific ingredients and cooking it, and will give his full attention to the eating of it (worth mentioning that he and his entire family did NOT have weight issues).

to eat mindfully would entail sitting away from any tv/phone/computer screen and actually pay attention to the food itself and if eating with others, engaging in CASUAL conversation with them (this is not the time for politics or religion).

what's weird is that i actually find this concept scary, particularly because most of my meals are eaten alone. the thought of sitting at a table, food in front of me, and NOTHING going on other than what might see out my window is alien and, as weird as it sounds, frightening.

would love to hear from people who eat mindfully in this manner, or are considering doing so.

thanks

joe.
VeggieManJoe is offline   Reply With Quote