3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   April 2020 - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/318728-april-2020-daily-accountability-lifestyle-change-everyone-welcome.html)

kelijpa 04-08-2020 10:51 AM

Hello all!

All good here. Luckily we are healthy and our families are as well.

Working on getting out of the funk that I’ve been in.

Have been practicing social distancing. Last time shopping I wore a mask. PA health officials say “I wear a mask to protect you, you wear a mask to protect me.”

I saw a video this morning on making a mask from lularoe leggings, I don’t have lularoe, but thought I might try with some other leggings I have and don’t wear.

Stay healthy and well. You’re in my thoughts.

Wishing you all the best:sunny: :grouphug:

Jaimsy 04-08-2020 10:51 AM

Update: I've been furloughed from work, which is better then being let go but who knows what the next step will be. 80% salary bit of a kicker but I guess I'm blessed compared to a lot of others.

Is it me or are we all in slow motion car trash territory?!?

Pixel - I'm glad you are ok(ish) and safe(ish) and still doing really well with the weight loss! Which, as we all know, is the main thing...:rofl:

ciecie 04-08-2020 11:38 AM

good morning! will go for a power walk and run errands in a few minutes. :D

yangtzer 04-08-2020 11:50 AM

Just came back from my morning walk and only saw one people.

I listened to audio books while walking and bird watching, very therapeutic :D It's a good time to do some catch up reading and self-reflection I guess.

When one door closes, another opens. Maybe the crisis is not a bad thing after all.

Ladies, What is the one thing that you have always wanted to do but never had the time? Maybe it's a good time NOW :D

ciecie 04-08-2020 12:03 PM

good afternoon! will go for a power walk and run errands in a few minutes. :D

Princessroja 04-08-2020 12:45 PM

Quick morning drop-in!

4/6
lunch: chicken sandwich, smoothie, chocolate bark
snack: 2 muffins
dinner: salsa chicken, grapes, ?
exercise: yep, lots of teaching. so much more intense via video

yesterday
breakfast: oatmeal
snack: muffin
lunch: chicken sandwich, smoothie, chocolate bark
snack: muffin
dinner: sweet and sour chicken, rice, muffin (not so hot on vegetables today, alas)
exercise: not much, a nice walk on the beach (far away from everyone else) but that's about it.

today:
breakfast: oatmeal

Teri000 04-08-2020 01:07 PM

April 2020

Hi!

There was a big storm/tornado in the area last night. A church a couple doors up from my health club lost their roof. We lost power for about 9 hours. Everything is fine here...the ice cream (what is left of it) got a little mushy....

I biked in the dark...no resistance. Diet is okay except for the ice cream. I can eat one slice of pizza a day...but I am very weak with respect to ice cream. This month is going to be hard, because of the celebrations...

Have a good day!

EmilyLarnder 04-08-2020 03:53 PM

Hello ladies, I am back, once again.
I've been very preoccupied with this pandemic and having to postpone my wedding... Lots of decisions, lots of stress.... DRAMA...
My cousin whom I am not on good terms with because she attacked me twice for no reason, mailed my invitations back, with permanent marker written, "Shove your invites up your *** you piece of ****! You're a self-centered b****! People are losing their jobs! Look at the unemployment rates! DUH!". (I mailed these before the pandemic occurred)
I mailed these to do the right thing, as I believe she is going through alcoholism problems.
It was mailed anonymously, but we all know it was her. When we confronted her, she claimed she reported us (me, my fiancé and my sister) to the police for "harassment." Interesting - we never heard from police.
Anyway, I've put that behind me, and I have unfortunately had to postpone my wedding to 10/3/2020.
We have also lost our Honeymoon which was booked for Jamaica. BookIt.com went bankrupt and stranded all of their customers; cancelled all booked vacations, and are offering no refunds whatsoever. I have filed a dispute with my credit card company, and am still waiting to hear back.
It's been rough.

But I'm back, and ready to stop stressing, stress eating, and start living my life as who I am. I've truly not been myself.
After all this stress I've decided not to step on the scale, but I suspect I'm around 185.

I'm weaning myself off of snacks, and may do a few weeks of keto to balance my hormones, which are all out of whack thanks to stress - I've gotten my menses every 2 weeks since the beginning of February...

I'm doing better, although we took a huge hit to our bank accounts... Thankfully my fiancé and I are still working, since I work at the hospital and he works at the jail. So I am staying thankful :D

I hope you are all well.

So happy to be back!

Today's workout: TurboFire HIIT 15. On Monday I did the Fire 30 Class.

EmilyLarnder 04-08-2020 04:17 PM

Teri- that is terrible, glad you are okay!!! We had a ton of lightning last night, and a little bit of hail. It was nasty. South of us had the Tornado warning - I'm in Clearfield County PA.

Pixel - great to meet you, congrats on the weight loss :D

Princessroja 04-08-2020 10:09 PM

Lunch: chicken sandwich, 4 pieces of sweet and sour chicken, smoothie, chocolate bark
no snack
Dinner: protein pancakes*, scrambled eggs
*can't say enough good stuff about these pancakes from Kodiak Cakes! They're incredibly tasty (I actually like them better than regular ones), a good texture on the griddle, really high in protein, and low in calories. I had roughly 1/2 cup serving today, so 4 small-medium pancakes, and 190 calories with 14 grams of protein. Can't ask for more! No weird ingredients either--basically whole wheat flour, cornmeal, protein concentrates, salt, and baking powder.

Feeling so bloated today, up to 141.8. Chinese takeout always makes me feel bloated, but gosh, it was SO tasty. Mostly worth it.

Pixel, so glad to hear from you!! And you're even losing weight, I'm super impressed.
Hi, kelijpa!
Ugh, Jaimsy, so sorry to hear you've been furloughed. I only hope it won't last long.
Hm, yangtzer, I don't know. I feel like I'm just kinda surviving at the moment, although I am trying to take some virtual classes in dance styles I don't have much experience with. So that's something, I guess.
Sorry to hear about the tornado, Teri. That was the same storm that swept through our area. I heard all the thunder and such but didn't realize there was a tornado south of us--not a very common thing in our area. My husband and I live walking distance to Lake Erie so we don't worry much about tornados, but our suburban neighbors to the south weren't so lucky.
YIKES, Emily, that sounds rough. I'm so sorry to hear about your wedding and honeymoon and cousin and just all of it! I hope things settle down for you soon, and that wedding plan B goes without a hitch. Also hope you both stay safe--hospital for obvious reasons, but also because I know in our state that there have been several outbreaks in prisons. I hope both of you stay healthy!

ciecie 04-08-2020 11:00 PM

good night all! will be shutting down in a few minutes to go to bed. :D

Jaimsy 04-08-2020 11:03 PM

Morning!

Today - 69.1kg so huge gain overnight I hope it is stress and the veggie chilli I had for dinner being too salty. Either way it's screwed with my weekly average.

Keli - welcome back, hope you are doing ok.

Emily - oh. My. WORD. What a kicker with your honeymoon as well. Poor you.

Teri - is it tornado season now or was that unusual? Either way, that sucks for the church.

Princessroja - ooooo those pancakes sound so good!

Nancy - I watched a video of the world's oldest gymnast, she is 93 I think, a lady called Joanna Quaas (possibly not spelled right). You are a spring chicken compared to her!

Joe...hmmm... I'm thinking about your question...

Ok, I have at least an hour to wallow in self misery before the toddler gets up. There's an iced coffee in the fridge with my name on it lol.

ciecie 04-08-2020 11:39 PM

good night all! will be shutting down in a few minutes to go to bed. :D

Rachel1234 04-09-2020 06:00 AM

Good morning

Kelijpa, so wonderful to see you! So grateful you all are well. Liked the quote: "I wear a mask to protect you, you wear a mask to protect me."

Teri, scary on that tornado. Grateful you are okay.

Emily, so great to see you! I am shocked by your cousin's behavior. Most certainly must have other issues going on. I'm sorry about wedding postponement........all very frustrating :hug:.

Yangzter, what a great question! I need to give it some time to ponder :D What would be YOUR answer for yourself??

Yesterday I met my goals. Took in 1265 calories on the Nutrisystem Plan.

Today's goals:
NS Plan, 2 liters water, veggies, fiber, calcium, treadmill, maybe lift some weights.

Diana3271 04-09-2020 08:46 AM

Good Morning, Everyone! https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ima...iles/wavey.gif

Welcome back kelijpa & Emily. Emily I am so sorry for all the stress you are dealing with. :hug:

I didn't check in last night. I was exhausted and literally falling asleep on my way home last night. We worked late and I think I got into bed around 11:30. I ate my normal breakfast and lunch. Dinner was a Chick-fil-a Market salad w/BHF's ranch and DH and I shared a cup of the ice dream soft serve. Prior to dinner I was about to starve and I had a Siggi's yogurt and my cherries and berries fruit. I am logging my calories at 1515, which are my normal calories. Again, no formal exercise but I got a good amount of steps in.

Last night: Basic stretches
This morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1515 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 190.8
Down: .4

Have a Blessed day and stay healthy!

I love today's devotion. It really hits home for me. We are so hard on ourselves, which leads to more stress and a vicious cycle. We need to show grace. I have said this before, I would never treat anyone else how I treat myself. I show more kindness to others and I am very critical my myself.

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

April 9

Romans 7:15
For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.

The lament of dieters everywhere: 'But what I hate, that I do!' Then, after doing what we have vowed not to do, we turn the hate inward, and we are forced to deal with so much guilt. Why does dieting have to be so hard? Why can't we ever seem to have enough willpower to deal with all the temptations? The harder we try, the harder it gets. It's enough to drive a sane person crazy and a saint to sin. Praise God that He understands us so well and is ready to pick us up when we fall and set us back on the proper path. God is patient with us when we most need Him to be.

Today's thought: I will avoid the things I know I should not do!