Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-28-2019, 01:26 AM   #1  

Default My First Post....Help!

Hi,
I've never posted before but I am looking for any advice from anybody who can help.
I am 27 years old and I am looking to lose weight. I am currently around 91kg and I am aiming to lose around 11kg. I have had 2 children and my first was born by C-section as she was a whopping 9lb 13oz so this means I have an overhang which I do not want to make worse so I was wondering if anybody had any advice about how to prevent this?
Before my daughter I was a UK size 12-14 and after I was a UK size 20-22 as I had undetected gestational diabetes and I have struggled to lose weight since. In the past couple of months I have lost 7kg and I don't think my loose skin has got any worse but is there anything anyone can give me advice on please
DanSolo92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 11:13 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Hi DanSolo. Welcome to 3FatChicks. We have all had to start out somewhere, and how to do it is up to the individual. It's important to find a weight loss plan you can stick to long term, and make it a lifestyle instead of a diet. Start by cutting out foods you know are not helping you....sugars, salty snacks. Eat foods that you like, but eat until you're satisfied, not stuffed. Don't eat if you are not hungry. Try to move more. If you don't want to get involved in a formal exercise plan, just do more walking for now. Eventually, as you get used to it, you will want to do more.

You can do this!! Look around the forum. If you see a topic you like, jump right on in. We are all here for the same reason, to get help and give help to others.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 04:32 PM   #3  

I've heard the Keto diet has worked well.
elizabethf33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 02:30 AM   #4  

Hi DanSolo
great that you are here. I agree with all that wannabehealthy said. People have found that skin muscles of tone and tighten with the appropriate exercises. I just wanted to specifically add that to what she said. Might want to try cocoa butter of coconut oil on your stomach each day. Idk which oils work the best to prevent more loss of skin tone.

Re diet, I use the old fashioned low carb and low cal. I have heard great things about the Keto diet. And like wannabehealthy said, you will find what works best for your lifestyle and body.
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote