3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   January 2019 - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/316548-january-2019-daily-accountability-lifestyle-change-everyone-welcome.html)

Kdmay5 01-01-2019 11:07 PM

Hi, this is my first day on 3FC. I have been slowly but surely been losing weight since last year. And as of the first day of this new year I am down 21 pounds. I still have about 30lbs to go and hope this forum will help me stay committed. I walk 10,000 steps a day and track my calories and today was my first day tracking my carbs as well. Maybe this little adjustment will help the weight fall off a bit more consistently. Thanks. (although I notice my profile says Junior member so maybe this isn't the correct forum?)

grannynancy 01-02-2019 06:03 AM

Good Morning - 137.0 lbs. Hold
Merry Christmas day 9. Anybody else here keep up decorations until Epiphany?

Yesterday I ate more than planned. I had some instant oatmeal after supper as I was still hungry. total was 1633 in and 1739 out. I am slowly beginning to trust the calculations on Cronometer as being pretty close to accurate (since the Garmin which is linked tracks activity calories). I also got in my tai chi, stretches, and a nice walk at the park with husband and the dogs. Found a place where I could cut them off lead and throw balls. I also walked up and down the basement stairs working on leg muscles. 10 times in a row. May do that several times today to get up heart rate.

Today is planned at 1285 calories / Exercise to be tai chi, stretching, and walking. I may find myself eating some more than planned but If I do it is penciled in as oatmeal with a little butter. I would like to drop a little bit more weight but am quite happy at 137 and working on building muscle. Honestly keeping my protein is a goal and today it is 88 grams.
  • Breakfast = yogurt, walnuts, kefir, blueberries and Uncle Sam cereal
  • Lunch = Black bean pasta, sauce, onions, celery, carrots
  • Dinner = Beef and cabbage stir fry and a small piece of dark chocolate
Gratitude [having to work in this right now; kind of down and feeling overwhelmed with things that need to be done and know that 1st day back at work after being off since last Thursday is going to be overwhelming-usually sifting through emails] =
  • The weight I have lost and am maintaining for the first time ever,
  • The ability to focus on things (will need it today starting back to work after long weekend),
  • Music - music helps a lot.

Larry - that sounds like fun. I have not been on a motorcycle since 1973 when my high school boyfriend had one. No desire to ever get on one again but I know it can be quite the rush. I did read Zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance while riding my bicycle on the roads out west though (roads he was on when writing the book).

Kdmay - You are at the right place - the "junior" is just a designation based on the number of posts you have made. Congrats on the loss so far.

Dream, Fullseamahead, Fashionjunkie - welcome back. I was not here back then-though I do remember Welcomeboater

Ceejay - welcome to the forum. Another 'oldie" at 63. I have found that forcing myself to down a cup of water each time I pee is one way to ensure I drink enough. I have dropped off in water lately and return to that when I forget. Once you get in the habit you get thirsty even when you are not and drink more. I also have a move timer on my watch and it also helps me remember to drink.

Diana, - Collards, Black Eyed Peas, and Pork Chops (dba Ham hock) - Now you will have good luck this year :). My mom was very consistent with that every New Year

Nancy - Well the good thing with SubQ "squishy fat" is that it is not health endangering like the hard abdominal fat. I wish I knew how they did these calculations and, even if relative, they are anywhere near accurate.

Ciece - as always......

Kelijpa - Here is to getting back on track. How long have you been in maintenance?

Diana3271 01-02-2019 07:40 AM

Good Morning, Everyone!https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ima...iles/wavey.gif

Welcome back to all the regulars and new posters. Glad to have you!

Kdmay5 Welcome to the check-in. :welcome2:

Grannynancy Today is our first day back from December 20. I am feeling a a 3 year old temper tantrum coming on. :lol:

Last night: Jane Adams Gentle Yoga Evening Practice
This Morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1880 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 188.8
No Change! Praise the Lord! I got through the New Year without a gain!

Have a Blessed day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

January 2

1 Peter 1:16
...it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.

Too often we think that holiness is merely a matter of the spirit. We feel that if we read our Bible, pray regularly, and attend wor-ship, we are being holy. But holiness requires that we tend to our physical health as well as our spiritual health. Early Christians realized that they were more alert and better able to concentrate on God when they felt good. Tending to the body made them better at their spiritual pursuits. Dieting may make us look better, but it will also make us feel better, and it will enable us to pursue God in deeper and more meaningful ways.

Today's thought: We please God when we try to be the best we can be!

ciecie 01-02-2019 07:46 AM

welcome kdmay! will have breakfast and work out in a few minutes. :D

grannynancy 01-02-2019 07:54 AM

Diana - the start of my work day (log in before work) left me with a network adapter issue - win 10 bug that precipitated a call to corporate IT support. Fortunately they fixed the problem but it was frustrating to say the least; I had installed a new router and modem last week that was/is working well and was scared it was going to be something major but it was a windows bug not a network issue (phew)........Remote Telework staff are so dependent on the internet that I have some redundant systems [ can access via my phone and via personal computer with Office 365 but Office 2016 is much nicer to work in for some things) ...NOW I can go stomp out fires but still have not done my tai chi and resistance training so will have to sneak that in.

ciecie 01-02-2019 08:01 AM

grannynancy, hope you are able to sneak your work out. good thing tech support was able to fix the issue. :D

Larry H 01-02-2019 08:59 AM

Yay!! Switching from Atkins low carb to Keto low carb has shook my metabolism up and ended a very long plateau. Down a pound today. :coffee:

ciecie 01-02-2019 09:15 AM

larryh, congrats on being down a pound! will be going for a power walk and run errands in a few minutes. hope to hear from my eye doctor today. :D

nancylmrn 01-02-2019 09:22 AM

Good morning to all
Like some of you today is the first day back at work since the friday before Christmas. I so liked having the time off but I also gained weight without the structure of work.
WI up .8 167.6 so it will be good to be back in my routine. I have my work bag packed, I am taking some celery and yogurt to work to nibble on throughout the day then tonight will be chicken thighs of some type.
I will be back with personals later today I hope, depending on the work when I log into the computer :o

grannynancy 01-02-2019 09:43 AM

I was just thinking about this series of forum threads and went back to my very first post - Stuck with it almost every day and that seems to make a real difference for me and will be one of the things I am grateful for tomorrow! Daily posting and discussing! Wow a lot has changed since Aug 31 of 2017!........edit not sure why permalink goes to Diane's post 293 when mine is 292 (the one before it)

https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/313807-august-2017-daily-accountability-lifestyle-change-everyone-welcome-8.html#post5329270

Larry H 01-02-2019 10:34 AM

WOW!! Read my scale wrong. Keto diet gave me a three pound loss not a one pound loss.

ciecie 01-02-2019 10:35 AM

good morning! just got back from power walking and running errands. tomorrow will be my first day back at work since the Thursday before Christmas. will be taking the bus to a neighboring community to power walk and run errands there this afternoon. :D

JulesMarion 01-02-2019 10:56 AM

Good morning and happy new year!

I am back on track today after a very ...disordered week of eating. I will weigh in on Monday after I’ve had a solid few days of non-binge eating and healthful eating. I used the holidays as an excuse and now am looking forward, not backwards.

My husband is on board with me now and is excited (or as excited as he can be) to track and work on his health. He has 50 to lose and I have my remaining 20-25ish. Three years ago when we began the first time he had 50 to lose and I had 150 to lose. Looking back at the last year I have maintained this weight. In the past my body has liked to be stuck at 185, so ‘resting’ for a while at 170 is acceptable. Now it’s time to finish this!

Great job at mixing it up Larry, glad to see the scale moving!

:wave: to all!

ciecie 01-02-2019 11:04 AM

julesmarion, that's great that your dh is on board with you! :D

kelijpa 01-02-2019 12:52 PM

Good morning all, oops I guess it's after noon 12;39 here in PA.
144.8 this morning

Looks like a good start to the new year :welcome: new posters.

Diana :wave: :hug:

GrannyNancy I have been in maintenance for 12 months, 12 months free WW lifetime at goal, last year at this time I was in the low 150s, then a month or two later got into the 140s and have pretty much maintaining around there since, I had a brief foray into the 130s but for me it seems 140-145 on my scale is a good range. It's interesting looking back at old posts. When I first came to 3FC I was a weight watcher, I could have saved myself a lot of money if I had just stuck with it. Great job sticking to your plan. Your vigilance will serve you well in maintenance.

Ciecie :wave:

Nancy this would have been my first day back to work, feels a little odd, but the oddest thing to me is how quickly I adjusted to retirement. I am amazed. You say you're up, but to me you are so consistent in staying in a range. I think it's great. I do know what it's like when you're not where you want to be. I was there for many years. I just want to say I'm proud of you, because I regained all of my 50 some pounds lost more than once. Boy, I hope that came out right...

LarryH :congrat:

JulesMarion Happy New Year! Always a bit easier when DH is on board. When he's not I say "you do you, I'll do me" we joke about that pretty often.

JenDiet :wave:

Hope everyone has a great day :sunny: :grouphug: