3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   January 2019 - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/316548-january-2019-daily-accountability-lifestyle-change-everyone-welcome.html)

jendiet 01-06-2019 11:22 PM

Yes, everyone, keeping a tab on it, the BP wasn't what told me something was wrong and I think it was actually a side effect of my heart acting crazy and going tachy on me

Rachel, so glad owl rescue went well. I used to call back to the barn? owls with their "who cooks for you?" Chant ...maybe I said something wrong lol? I still love critters. I under stand. I ran over a squirrel once...I was so sad...I stopped in middle of road and got a box and put him in...then found rehab lady who was able to rehabilitate him

Nancy, I hate that you have psoriasitic arthritis, I pray for any pain to go away. Wow, I think about the homeless but what about a current shopper???

Diana, I have a love hate relationship with yogurt...but those chobani flips are so good especially coco Loco

ciecie, wow...sorry you had to go to Walmart but thankful they had power

kdmay, yes that is quite a workout. I've been unpacking supplis and doing laundry and stacking rearranging boxes and I consider that a workout too...

hi everyone else! Will get more personals in am

so today I switched up eating as I had a children's church meeting and they had a luncheon. So I ate carbs, sweets and salad, some kind of chicken casserole, not bad...I munched 3/4 danish and 3/4 of a chocolate donut too...I also helped with set up so got a little exercise there too...

I ended up eating canned mackerel, celery, 3 pcs sliced rotisserie chicken, 2 slices Colby jack, cucumber (cucumber sandwhiches) and mackerel with cream cheese on celery ..I had a glass of tea with celery and 2 tbsp whip cream for dessert...pretty satisfying...

I cheated horribly last night...major binge...scale reflected it at 181 this am...up from 180.4and I was geared up to be extremely strict today but I eased off and enjoyed the switch up...I did eat two packs of roasted seaweed tonight but I absolutely am craving whatever is in it and it has no carbs and minimal calories

I woke up at 5 am with a migraine...but thankfully it was gone when I got up to go to church

Larry H 01-06-2019 11:58 PM

Lunch was Instant Pot Keto Beef Stroganoff. Very tasty and the first time I tried this recipe. I used Xanthium Gum to thicken the sauce, a little sure goes a long way.
For dinner I chopped hard boiled eggs and added Avocado Mayo.
I had a snack of 2 oz of roasted and salted almonds

I did a lot of yard work today trimming trees and carrying wood for about three hours.

Totals for today are 13 g carbs, 175 g fat, 95 g protein and 2,037 Calories. My Keto test strips are a very nice shade of purple so I seem to be right on track doing the right things.

grannynancy 01-07-2019 06:30 AM

Good Morning 136.8. Drop but not new low 1345 in / 1586 out. 12,555 steps and did tai chi, and resistance but not stretches
Day is planned and is 1325 Calories and hope to get in my steps and exercise.
  • Breakfast - the usual (potatoes, peppers, onions, tofurkey)
  • Lunch - greek yogurt, kefir, walnuts. May add some fruit
  • Dinner- the butternut black bean chili from yesterday
Was confused about the directions for the chili and thought it was for pot in pot method but it was to use the main pot and used crock pot instead. So we did not get it made in time for dinner and I ate yogurt and fruit instead. Will have for dinner tonight. The spices were a bit too much for my taste. Clove was an interesting addition but I think I am going to stick with chili powder and maybe some sambal olek for heat next time.

Gratitude - wow this really is hard for me. Why? I think it important.
  • The sunny days
  • Husband working on deck getting garden bags cleaned out - starting to get ready for next season
  • That at least I got somethings done yesterday

Larry - yardwork is definitely hard hard work.
Jendiet - hope all is going well today - I know mackerel is good for you and economical. Never developed a taste for it :(.
Jules - thank you. I know I drone on and on but the morning focus and daily planning really seems to help and logging each day. I know the last time I lost weight by calorie counting [much harder than what I am doing now!] when I stopped daily weighing myself and logging my food is when I went off the rails. At that time I had lost 60lbs which was most ever before this attempt and it was a bunch of stress with my sick mother that caused me to fall off. With all going on in our lives we need to take that time for us that we need.
Nancy - I hate that they do this with food that is clearly viable. I used to be able to buy outdated meat for my dogs but they said no more. After growing my own garden I am even more in tune with not wasting food.
Diana - hope the yogurt experiment works for you. I always feel so much better replenishing my gut flora

Rachel1234 01-07-2019 06:50 AM

Good Morning

Jendiet, Thanks for your compassion for the squirrel! I can tell you have a heart for animals.

Grannynancy, you asked if wild rehabilitation was my job or volunteer. It's volunteer. I actually am a nurse, but not working, so have time for volunteer things for which I am grateful.

Well, yesterday's plan went pretty well considering it was cram packed. I had allowed myself 1500 calories, but actually had about 1600. I'm okay with that. It was controlled.

Back to my daily plan of 1200 calories, treadmill, 2 liters of water, situps. I'm out of salad so will get some more on Tuesday.

I'm grateful for you all; I'm finding that this accountability business is very helpful!

ciecie 01-07-2019 07:32 AM

good morning! will have breakfast and work out in a few minutes. :D

Diana3271 01-07-2019 07:51 AM

Good Morning, Everyone!https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ima...iles/wavey.gif

Last night: Full Body Stretch and exercises from the Dr.
This Morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1340 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 186.8
Down: .2

Have a Blessed day and a great start to your week.

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

Ephesians 2:13
But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

A friend of mine who was dangerously overweight lamented to me once that she was 'so fat that God wouldn't even recognize me as the person He created.' She felt that her weight problems had driven a wedge between her and God. How sad. Nothing that we do ever really separates us from God, but when we feel badly about ourselves, we feel we are unlovable, even by God. It is important that we see ourselves as good people. God loves us no matter how we look, but He is delighted with us when we take pride in who He created us to be. God will bless our efforts, so we need to draw as close to Him as possible as we attempt to diet.

Today's thought: God loves us just as we are.

ciecie 01-07-2019 08:02 AM

rachel1234, I have to agree with you on the accountability being very helpful. :D

nancylmrn 01-07-2019 09:26 AM

Good morning to all
WI down .2 167.6 but still way up there for me from the last month. Not sure what is going on but I will continue watching calories and carbs. I still have not started back with the gym and I know I need to but the motivation seems to have gone.

So when our power went out that Saturday night I was making beef bone broth, and the next morning I strained it and put it away in the freezer but I kept smelling this stinky smell in the kitchen and wafted through the house. The silicone ring in the IP was really really smelly....I soaked it in vinegar and left outside to air and that did not help then. Then it hits me....duh.....the beef broth had to have gone bad when the power went out and I was smelling rancid broth so it all went bye bye and I am still working on getting the smell out of the silicone. I just put vinegar in the IP and put it on sterilize if that does not work I am tossing it and buying new ones.

Change4Life 01-07-2019 12:49 PM

I'm back...

Feeling guilty. I've regained most of the weight I lost in 2012. But I'm DETERMINED. I've started Intermittent Fasting...fasting for 16 hours of the day, and eating healthy 8 hours. I feel like this is going to be my key. I need accountability and would like to cheer others on in their journey. It totally sucks to be "doing this again". But the option is just giving up. So I choose option "A".

ciecie 01-07-2019 12:55 PM

welcome back change4life! will work out in a few minutes. :D

Diana3271 01-07-2019 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Change4Life (Post 5378503)
Feeling guilty. I've regained most of the weight I lost in 2012. But I'm DETERMINED. I've started Intermittent Fasting...fasting for 16 hours of the day, and eating healthy 8 hours. I feel like this is going to be my key. I need accountability and would like to cheer others on in their journey. It totally sucks to be "doing this again". But the option is just giving up. So I choose option "A".

Welcome back! :welcome2:

ciecie 01-07-2019 02:35 PM

just a quickie. will be going for a power walk and run errands in a few minutes. :D

grannynancy 01-07-2019 02:48 PM

Welcome back Change4life - you know what I tried and failed tried and gained tried and it finally is taking. Don't look back. Just forward. Posting here almost every day really helps me keep my focus. You have done it and know you can do it and then succeed at keeping it off. FWIW, IF is part of what I am doing too :).

ciecie 01-07-2019 03:13 PM

changeoflife, I use MyFitnessPal.com! it really helps. :D

fashinjunkie09 01-07-2019 09:14 PM

Jendiet: That is very scary about your BP. I'm glad it seems to be a one time thing and you are keeping an eye on it.

Hi all! :wave:

So DH, two out of our three boys, and I all had a stomach bug starting Thursday night. I weighed in on Friday with a nice 6 lb loss but not sure it will stick. Today was super busy at work so I am under my calories because I didn't have a chance to eat breakfast but I was able to get all of my water in and 11,000+ steps. Lunch could have been better but I didn't even get to eat until about 2:00 so I just grabbed what I could. Will do better tomorrow.

B- coffee with pumpkin spice creamer (140)
L- flatbread turkey sandwich with American cheese, lettuce, and onion (580)
D- 4 homemade Korean bbq meatballs, 1 c. sautéed carrots and zucchini, 2/3 c. white rice (675)
S- protein powder "cookie dough" (235)

= 1,630 calories