Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-13-2018, 01:08 AM   #1  

Default I am not going to deprive myself this time!

I got it - I am not going to deprive myself this time! And I am not going to cut on everything I like to eat! I think that was the reason that a fell off the vagon before!

Stop aiming for the perfection and just be "good enough" for this day!

What do you think on that?

Keep in touch everyone!
ladylike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 02:08 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 206/165/140

Height: 5' 5.75''

Hi lady-like. Your issue is precisely why I became a calorie counter. I felt like I could eat the things I wanted, but not as much as a used to eat. It has taught me a little more control with the idea that I could just have some tomorrow and the next day instead of finishing everything sat in front of me every time. Some days are better than others but overall I feel like the process has been "good enough."
Aunrio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 09:45 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 212/162/140

Height: 5'4"

Not depriving is the only thing that has ever worked for me. I get almost obsessive about it if I deem any foods "off limits." I think no deprivation is the best way, but everybody is different.

Find healthier ways to cook your favorite foods from a more whole-foods based recipe, and learn how to get flavors from seasonings instead of fat and sugar...and you will learn that your tastes change to prefer more healthy things. (But for me, the MOMENT I stray from it for more than 1 meal, I fall right off the wagon lol.)

I've also found solace in losing more slowly (0.5 lbs/week or so) and feeling satisfied than when I was losing quickly and feeling a little deprived.
jwisener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 04:38 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 206/165/140

Height: 5' 5.75''

jwisener, your suggestion to figure out your favorite flavor outside of sugar and fat is excellent. I wonder if you have suggestions for quintessential dishes. I happen to like Italian food so oregano, rosemary, thyme, etc are prevalent in my diet. If you have suggestions for quintessential cinnamon, sage, cardamom, basil, etc - please share.
Aunrio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 08:17 AM   #5  

Default Total Cals

Couldn't agree more!!

The best lifestyle change is one that lasts - and for me tracking has always been the nuts!

Fancy a takeaway friday night? slightly lower cals wed/thurs and a lean breakfast on the day.

best of all, meals out
WillBoyes is offline   Reply With Quote