Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-20-2017, 12:29 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 245,2/234,2/170

Height: 5'7"

Default Losing weight is hard!

Hello all!

I'm in a bit of a down mood. I've began my weight loss program 18 days ago. I have lost 10 pounds in like 5 days. And now all i'm doing is gaining it slowly back. I'm up 5 pounds in 4 days. That's so depressing. It's hard to keep my focus. I need some encouragement.
insomniexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 12:43 PM   #2  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

The first part of weight loss is often a combination of water and glycogen loss, particularly if you really cut out sugars/carbs from your diet to lose weight. If you've regained 5 lbs, you probably ate more carbs and your body restocked. Our livers can store 5 lbs of glycogen and water all by themselves. A realistic weight loss is going to be between 1-3 lbs per week, depending on your starting weight. The closer you are to goal, the less you lose, unfortunately because you have less to lose overall. I think the hardest part of weight loss is staying motivated- some of the things I do to stay motivated is I follow fitness gurus on social media, I read success stories, I come to this forum and to SparkPeople, I follow MarksDailyApple and have emails coming in from LiveStrong and Fitness and other like sources. The result is that whether I'm on social media or reading my email I am bombarded with motivational messages and that really helps me to not give up.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 12:33 PM   #3  

Losing weight to that extent you'll regain some of that over the course of time.

I would also look to have different feedback markers as well as weight for situations like this. For example front & side photos, waist & hip measurements, a piece of clothing that felt tight before you tried to lose weight.

Weight can fluctuate, especially with females - best to prepare for that an ensure you are not trying to lose in an extreme way

Aaron

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 12-17-2017 at 03:05 PM.
AaronM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 01:38 PM   #4  

Losing weight is not as complicated as you might think. It’s not that it isn’t difficult, because for many people it is difficult. But it is simple. First you must choose a weight loss plan that will fit your lifestyle, body type and you must be willing to make the necessary changes in your life.

When you are looking for a plan that fits your needs there are important factors to evaluate. The first thing to consider is if the plan is something you can maintain for the rest of your life. This isn’t a ‘diet’ that is associated with deprivation and fatigue, but a lifestyle change that leads to a healthier, thinner more energized you.

Look at the plan and evaluate the eating requirements. Does it include foods that you can manage to purchase, prepare, eat and store? If the weight loss plan includes sea food three times a week and you live in the middle of the mountains, the cost of food will probably soon get prohibitive.

Does the weight loss plan have a proven history? Don’t follow the latest craze or because it worked for someone else you know. You would never divorce your husband because after her divorce your neighbor lost 30 pounds – why would you follow the diet plans of friends or neighbors if your goals, body type and lifestyles are different?

The same is true for weight loss plans without a history of success with many types of people. If there isn’t a proven track record why would you assume that the plan will work for you?

Does the weight loss plan fit your personal style? Much like the question about being able to maintain the plan for life, does this plan fit your lifestyle? Are you able to maintain your nutritional needs while eating at friends or restaurants or are you willing to make enough changes in the rest of your life to maintain this new weight loss plan.

The weight loss plan you choose should also get you excited! Do you enjoy the choices, the plan, the new energy and foods? If you are not excited then the initial movement to a nutritional change will be severely impacted by your lack of energy and enthusiasm.

Last edited by qualityinfo; 07-26-2017 at 01:39 PM.
qualityinfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 12:45 AM   #5  

When you're feeling down and discouraged, go back to your reasons for wanting to lose weight. If you have to dig deep, then do it. Go back to why you want to shape up. What motivated you in the first place? And build on that. Remind yourself of all the good things that can happen once you've reached your weight loss goals. Watch motivational videos. And then review what you have been doing, where did you go wrong, if at all. Resolve to do things differently or improve on what you've been doing. Talk to people who care about you (family and friends). Ask them to support you in your weight loss journey. Ask them to remind you when you're faltering. Request them to cheer you on and celebrate your small victories. Stay positive! You can make it happen! All the best to you!
Keiran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 05:48 PM   #6  
♡ Desire2B ♡

S/C/G: 206ish - mini goal 195

Height: 5 feet 7 inches

As mentioned go back to your reasons why you want to lose these pounds. Additionally by keeping a list going of reasons you just can't stay your current or even go beyond there.
I've mentally done that and believe me it has me scared straight.
Desire2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 05:03 AM   #7  

It's alright, sometimes these things happen but if you give up now you will probably gain more weight and then will wish that you hadn't stopped. So, don't lose hope just follow your diet chart and exercise routine. That happened to me once, so I know what I am saying.
Veronica143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 07:05 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 172.6/172.6/135

Height: 5'4"

First of all, don't be too hard on yourself. I am positive everyone who comes to this place has had a similar experience. Lose weight - put it back on. ten pounds in 5 days is too much too soon. We all want to get to our goal weight asap. I often wish I could get to my desired weight first - then do the work. Unfortunately, I haven't found the magic wand that would allow me to do that or fix all the other problems in my life so I just have to slog on.

I like the suggestion of using other markers for tracking your journey beyond the scale. I only look 6 month pregnant instead of 10 months along Maybe your pants aren't as tight.

Celebrate what you have accomplished but take a careful look at how you were losing your weight. Don't forget that even though our goal is to lose weight - we still have to eat.

Hang in there - you can get back on track.
Salix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 07:23 PM   #9  

And I'm back! Just to let you know that I gave up this summer. I'm trying to get back on track with a safer weight loss plan. Not that the one I was following wasn't safe, but it was not maintainable on the long run I think.
I have eaten a lot since then, I was so afraid to go back on the scale. I thought I was going to be like 260. But no, I was 245... Not that bad.
I'm starting over! I lost 6 pounds, but I'm up 4 pound. It seems that my weight fluctuates a lot rapidly.
I'm not giving up this time, even if it's hard.
Wish me luck!
Old 11-21-2017, 01:27 AM   #10  
Here to Learn

Wishing you luck, for sure! Let us know how it goes!
Old 11-21-2017, 09:16 AM   #11  

Everyone's weight varies a fair old amount, as far as i can work out anyway. I think it's the general trend that is important rather than a specific weight on a particular day. You lost 5 pounds - that's great news! - so remember it!

Planning your meals and lots of healthy nibbles are essential, in my humble opinion.

Just stick at it!
JohnMarshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 02:25 PM   #12  

Update: I've been pretty good with my diet this week. Thursday I weigthed myself, I was 238.4. So I was back where I was last week, that was a good news.
And today I'm 236,6lbs. Yay! So it's a total of almost 9 pounds lost since I went back at it! I'm proud of myself for sticking to my diet for the majority of the time! I feel that this time I will suceed.
Old 11-25-2017, 02:42 PM   #13  
Here to Learn

Quote:
Originally Posted by insomniexx View Post
Update: I've been pretty good with my diet this week. Thursday I weigthed myself, I was 238.4. So I was back where I was last week, that was a good news.
And today I'm 236,6lbs. Yay! So it's a total of almost 9 pounds lost since I went back at it! I'm proud of myself for sticking to my diet for the majority of the time! I feel that this time I will suceed.

Great job! That's a victory to get through Thanksgiving with a weight loss! I think you will succeed this time, also!
Old 11-25-2017, 03:41 PM   #14  

I'm in Canada, we don't celebrate thanksgiving :P
Old 11-26-2017, 09:20 AM   #15  

I was 236,6 yesterday.
And I'm up to 241 this morning... I don't understand my body.
I respected my 1300 cals a day.
Maybe it does that when I drink some wine?