Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-12-2017, 08:17 PM   #1  

Default I'm 14 and Losing 80 pounds in 6 months for $2000.

Sex: Male
Start: 289.4 pounds
Goal: 209.4 pounds
I am 14 years old male who is 6 feet 2 inches and weigh 289.4 pounds this is extremely high weight for my age, I really want to get my life back on track be healthy and comfortable. For my age and height I should be 148-193 pounds but I'm a pretty big boned person and plan on growing taller only being 14 so my goal weight is 209.4 pounds which is 80 pounds less then my current weight. I signed up for this program called healthy wage which is pretty popular and each month of the six months I bet 120 dollars in the end for $720 if I get my goal weight 209.4 I get $2000 and my profit would be $1280 and if I don't get there in 6 months I loose everything.

Here is what I'm doing
-9 hours of sleep each night
-No drinking liquids besides water (maybe milk rarely)
-No adding sugar or salt to anything
-Going to the gym everyday for around 45 minutes (I burn 500-600 calories per visit average)
-Healthy and Portioned meals

My questions,
If I work hard enough and want something is my goal of loosing 80 pounds in 6 months possible?
Any tips that I need to do to loose this much?
Is this possible if I work hard enough?
Am I stupid for thinking 80 pounds in 6 months is doable?

I am still young and 14 but will I still get loose skin when I get thinner? Is there anything that gets rid of it besides surgery not sure if my skin is still super elasticable or if I'm old enough that it won't go back to normal

Why I think I can do it.
I am very motivated and young so I have a good metabolism plus I'm over weight by a ton and by loosing 80 pounds I will still be over weight so it's not light I'm trying to be more then thin I will still be a bit heavy.

Last edited by MattRhamos; 10-12-2017 at 08:20 PM.
MattRhamos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 03:19 PM   #2  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

Your plan looks sound. Losing 80 lbs in 6 months...it's doable. People on here have done it. It's ambitious, and you need to be certain you keep a focus on your overall health and don't let weight loss become so much of a focus that you impact your health. Be very careful you don't end up with an eating disorder, also.

My suggestions would be to not ANY processed foods and eat only whole, nutritious food. Reduce your overall carbs, try to keep carbs under 100g per day. That will put in you in the fat loss zone.

Loose skin- you might have some. It depends. You're young, which helps. You might research "autophagy" which would allow your extra skin to be re-absorbed by the body and can be kicked off by intermittent fasting.

Make changes slowly- don't massively change your diet, exercise and add fasting in all at once. You risk overwhelming yourself and failure due to making too many changes at once. Start with your diet, and work from there.

Good luck, and welcome to 3FC!
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 03:39 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 257/230.0/156

Height: 5' 8"

At 14 I think working with your doctor/ and a dietician would be a good help for you. You are still in the growth spurt age. You sound like a tall young man at this point with potential for more height as boys grow through their teens and don’t stop at 14 generally. I’d be hesitant to say to cut carbs completely and perhaps working with a knowledgeable adult can help you on this journey. Our family doctor as always indicates slaying the low hanging fruit i.e. get rid of those processed foods you snack or drink. Sodas, chips, flavored drinks etc. just getting those out of your diet would be a good start. Then adding any form of exercise - lap swimming is a good one as it can help tone you up all over if you are worried about elasticity - all of these will help. But definitely at your age working with an adult helping you monitor would be great if Mom or dad can’t or won’t help then ask to see your doctor. Good luck!
lemonthyme is offline   Reply With Quote