Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-28-2017, 08:18 AM   #1  

Default I have to start somewhere :(

Hi all,
I'm new here and out of pure desperation I landed here in the hope that some kind of inspiration is found.
I'm a 43 year old guy who was up until about 7 years ago a fairly average guy.
I've balooned in weight now and have hit almost 235lb (kg).
I know I have to realistic and accept I'm probably never going to be the 180lb I was in my prime.
My problem is binge eating. I'm a part time smoker which doesnt help. I quit smoking in the house and at work saving it for the golf course and social events. I know I'm replacing these daily cravings by stuffing myself on basically anything.
Its slowly starting to affect my health, moods and self confidence of which I once had amples of.
I do hope by joining this forum it will give me the inspiration to finally do something about it.
Thanks
Chris
Bangster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 12:54 PM   #2  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

Welcome, Chris!

First- there's no reason you can't achieve the weight you were at in your prime. My husband at 45 just dropped to the lowest weight he's been in his adult life. When he and I began dating 18 years ago he was 210. He had gone up to 240 by last year. He's now 203. At 6'3" and rather muscular, I actually think he's a little too skinny!

As a former smoker, I'd urge you to just quit. Right now, you have smoking associated with the only healthful activity (assuming you're walking) you mention, golfing. Try and replace your food binging with healthy activities that you enjoy- maybe hiking, fishing, weight lifting, stand-up paddle boarding, skiing, biking. Don't try to do something you hate just because it's healthy. Find something healthy you actually enjoy and do that.

You can do this!
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote