Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-21-2017, 05:48 PM   #1  
Woman on a Mission

S/C/G: 167/see ticker/120

Height: 5'4"

Default Today is a hard day!

Day 3 was rough, then pretty smooth again but 2 days ago I messed it up.

Over the last 2 days I had a tiny amount of flour (in a soup), a banana, & corn. Besides these items I have been eating like a DREAM. Not very much of these things either.

It totally ticks me off that these are things that cause weight gain for me. Not only sweets & treats but these things (and more!) too. So not fair.

To add insult to injury--they also cause cravings so it's like I'm on day 3 again--rough, rough, rough. I want to eat all the things all the day. Bedtime can't come soon enough!

I hope all of you had a smoother day!

Last edited by mamajones; 09-21-2017 at 05:48 PM.
mamajones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 07:51 PM   #2  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

Carbs are a hard one, for sure. Our body responds to them like a drug. At least, mine does!
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 11:42 AM   #3  
Ahhhhh

S/C/G: 222/151/145

Starting is always hardest. Hang tough for a few days and things will get much easier. Good luck!!!
BigFatMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 11:49 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

When I eliminate all forms of flour and wheat I don't have cravings and it is easy-there are a few other foods that set me off. As my parents said "life is not fair". I wound up saying that to my own kids.

Would rather get thin than be fat and eat flour. I was 135lbs at 21. I was 175lbs at 28 (after first kid). It kept going up slowly from there. Knock it out now and prevent being an old fat granny! You will do your kids a favor too!
grannynancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 02:30 PM   #5  
Woman on a Mission

It's comforting to be able to come to this community when I'm having a moment. Much better than always battling the moment alone. I did hang in there & it passed (whew!). Unfortunately today is the end of week 2 & it has been nothing but a maintenance week. I sure would like to have seen some downward creep. I'm very concerned that it has started this early. In the past the stalls don't usually happen right out of the gate. Ugh. I am having another crave-y day today, relieved the whole week hasn't been full of them! I'm sipping herbal tea & chatting with y'all. Herbal tea works wonders with killing my cravings so some days I drink it like crazy! Ha! I'd love to be part of a group of a few regular checker-in-ers. Even just once a week or so. We can do that here on this thread if you like, or I will keep looking around on 3FC to find one that works. Thanks y'all for piping in! Day 15 - 1/2 way done.

Since my ticker is kind of difficult---
Day 15: 166/157/120

Last edited by mamajones; 09-25-2017 at 02:31 PM. Reason: errors!
Old 09-27-2017, 02:52 PM   #6  
Woman on a Mission

Day 8 of no change. Frustrating.
Old 09-27-2017, 05:10 PM   #7  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

So you've gone 8 days of low carb and absolutely nothing has happened on the scale?

Edit: NM, I see it's day 15 and it's been 8 days of no change. Be patient. Are you sure you're actually low carb? I would avoid corn like the plague, personally. Even small amounts. What changed my attitude about corn (before I found out I'm actually 4/4 allergic to it) is that it's what we feed to farm animals to fatten them up. Can't argue with that.

Last edited by EagleRiverDee; 09-27-2017 at 05:12 PM.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 01:12 PM   #8  
Woman on a Mission

Yeah, I am. That whole day was a one-off. I know I can't eat corn & lose (or maintain). That day we had soup & the only thing in it that was a no was the corn & it wasn't a ton, so I thought - eh, a little won't hurt. The banana came from a smoothie I made for my kids -- I usually drink them with NO banana, but it was leftover & I didn't want to waste. So, that day wasn't low-carb, but it wasn't TERRIBLE either iykwim. Today is the first day I've seen any inkling of downward creep since then. It was a major delayer. I feel like I'm through it now finally. It does make me wonder though...if there's more to at least one of those things than just sensitivity. The body-response I had to that day seems grossly out-of-proportion to the actual food transgression, y'know? Inflammation maybe?

I seem to be back in business as of this morning...nothing like an 11 day delay. Hoping for a good coming week.

I had a mini-goal of 150 by 10/6...it looks like I'll be falling short. I knew it was lofty when I set it but it didn't stop me from hoping. We have something special planned for that weekend & I wanted to feel accomplished beforehand--to better enjoy our fun & to better equip myself to make smart food choices even in the midst of special events. I have to do some serious mind-setting beforehand.

Day 18
166/156/120

Last edited by mamajones; 09-28-2017 at 01:16 PM. Reason: ticker
Old 09-28-2017, 09:54 PM   #9  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Hi mamajones,
I have been doing low carb since last October and at the beginning it was rough but I went 10 months without flour, rice, fruit, starchy veg. I did start to add small amounts in about two months ago and noticed I can not tolerate most. The first bite of a biscuit I put it back to me it tasted like raw flour. However the first air fried french fry was like a drug. I have had to learn not to keep these things in the house. It is true my weigh loss has stalled since March and not sure what I need to do, I have eaten more healthy carbs eaten less than 10 carbs per day and nadda. I have resigned myself to this is my bodies comfortable weight.

Check out the website dietdoctor.com it has some amazing low carb recipes. Also the daily accountability thread is a great place to meet all kinds of folks who do all types of diets yet offers great support
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 06:36 AM   #10  

You are doing great, keep going!
KLK123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 08:46 AM   #11  
Woman on a Mission

Thanks y'all! I've started a 2nd wave of small progress. I'm so glad I hung in through The Great Stall. It was tempting to eat those peanut butter cookies I made for my kids. Ha!

Last edited by mamajones; 09-29-2017 at 08:46 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-29-2017, 08:59 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 257/230.0/156

Height: 5' 8"

It’s always the cookies at my house! I’m glad you fought through that battle I know how it goes especially too when you eat along with your Little’s. Harder then heck. 🙂
lemonthyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 01:45 PM   #13  
Woman on a Mission

So hard!!!! I love PB cookies! One of my sons has an activity tonight & today I made him brownies to take & share. I love making things for them, but I love to eat the things too. SO hard!!!
Old 09-29-2017, 07:07 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 180/165/145

I love this forum on those hard days. Keep it up. I made oats brownies for my kids and there was a temptation to grab a bit instead I munched on a carrot
SSnooze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 07:19 PM   #15  
Woman on a Mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSnooze View Post
I love this forum on those hard days. Keep it up. I made oats brownies for my kids and there was a temptation to grab a bit instead I munched on a carrot
Your carrot reminded me of the tomatoes & cucumbers I ate while my son was enjoying a brownie. I'm not sure if I would have been sadder with or without the veggies. I love sweets & treats like nobody's business. When I see thin, not tormented by food people I can't imagine walking a mile in their shoes. Meals/snacks are a virtual battlefield for me. What would it be like to be free of that? I've been thin---but I've never been free of the siren call of sweets & treats.