Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-04-2017, 06:05 PM   #1  

Smile Need a Buddy

I am 35 years old and I am looking for a buddy that can offer support, motivation, weekly weigh-ins and share meal plans. I have been there done that and weight loss seems to be part of my life's struggles and I must be humble and also say successes since I have been blessed with many successes.
Maintenance seems to be the hard part for me and I am constantly looking for ways to stay motivated. I have hit a road bump again and need a Buddy to keep me on it. I am currently about 168 pounds and want to go back down to 140. I have been at 365 pounds at one point and have lost over 275 pounds. Was hoping to find someone to join me on my next weight loss journey of 28 pounds. Thank you!

Last edited by PurplePetal; 09-04-2017 at 06:07 PM.
PurplePetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 06:20 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 470 / 430 / 150

Height: 5'2"

I think I could also benefit from having a buddy. I'm heavier now than when you started off, but I find your weight loss super inspiring. I'd love to help you out, and also be motivated by you! What motivates you? So far, what works for me is talking about the good changes I'm making. Getting that reaffirmation from another person that I'm doing well makes me feel like I can keep going. I also really enjoy swapping photos of meals and meal plans. If you're interested, just let me know!
RubySnacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 06:27 PM   #3  

Talking

Definitely interested. I am not too tech savvy so I hope I am able to keep up with meal photos. Think what motivates me is having a buddy because that keeps me accountable and in a sense keeps me oblighted to my buddy. What has helped me is planning...meals, exercise, and preparing for days that a celebration might be happening where there is going to be lots of food and cake. WeighING in weekly also helps. I want to weigh in every Friday so that the weekly results can motivate me for the weekend. I just joined the gym. I came home right after and made my gym plan as well as my meal plan.
Old 09-05-2017, 09:19 AM   #4  

S/C/G: SW 155.4lb. GW 126lb.

Height: 5' 5"

Default I need a buddy too

Hi PurplePetal,

I too am looking for a weight loss buddy. I am 39, married with a 10 year old daughter. Over the last 3 years I have gone from 11st down to 9st and all the way back up to 11st. I now find myself feeling despondent and not knowing how to start to get a grip on my spiralling weight. What is getting to me more than the extra weight itself is how it is making me feel and I am desperate to do something about it.

I plan to weigh and measure myself once a week (starting tomorrow) and stick to a balanced diet with daily exercise. I plan to log my food and drink intake and my exercise on a daily basis.

I haven't had a diet buddy before as I always felt able to go it alone but this time I can see I am going to need the support and motivation of someone in a similar position if I am going to reach my goals.

Would you be interested in buddying up with me? I work from home and so will be available to offer support to you in return whenever you need it.

Best wishes.
Cocopops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 09:33 AM   #5  

Wink Hi cocopops

Sounds like a great idea! Would like to offer as well as receive support. I don't work from home but I am still able to monitor myself since I take my lunch and breakfast to work. May I ask, what is 11st and 9st? Is that a type of weight system? I will weight myself today which makes me nervous because I had a big binge yesterday. I will weigh myself every Friday therafter in order to keep my motivated for the weekend. I will also follow the meal plan that I prepared for the week yesterday as well as the exercise plan which consist of me going to the gym after work. I will post how my day went at the end of the day. Feel free to reach out whenever you want and I will make it a point to reply. Give me a few and I will post my weight and a bit later my meal plan. Thank you so much for being so kind to offer your support. This is doable and we can do it!!!!
Old 09-05-2017, 12:01 PM   #6  

Hi,

Thank you so much for agreeing to buddy up and help each other.

I will weigh and measure myself in the morning and post my results.

Sorry for not clarifying my weights, I am currently 11 stone and my goal is 9 stone (I still use imperial measurements!). 11 stone is 70.5kg or 155 pounds. 9 stone is 57.3kg or 126 pounds.

I have put together a training plan consisting of cardio and weights. The cardio will be 30 mins of intervals on the treadmill 3 days a week and 20 mins of cycling intervals 3 days a week. After each cardio workout I will be doing either an upper or lower body weight/toning circuit with the aim being that I train for approx 60 mins in total, 6 days a week. I am lucky in that I have a gym at home so it is convenient - and I'm sure now that I have someone to check in with each day, I will be more likely to stick with it.

Are you following a particular diet or just generally trying to eat healthier?

What areas of weight loss do you generally struggle with? I am a notorious comfort eater and I have also recently realised that I self-sabotage my dieting efforts. I explored this recently with a hypnotherapist which I feel was beneficial and very interesting.

What type of exercise do you do when you go to the gym?

I'm really glad we can support each other on our journeys - I have every faith that we will both succeed.
Old 09-05-2017, 12:02 PM   #7  

Default Weight and meal plan

So my weight is at 168.5...I think that what the picture showed. My eating plan today is:

Breakfast:
Half a grapefruit
Toast with peanut butter
2 scrambled eggs

Snack:
Peach

Lunch:
Tuna salad...prepared with celery, light mayo, mustard
Lettuce
Tomato
Carrots
Boiled egg

Dinner:
Chicken
Mixed vegetables
Sugar free jell-o
Old 09-05-2017, 12:04 PM   #8  

I tried to post a picture but don't think it worked. Trying it again.
Old 09-05-2017, 12:10 PM   #9  

Coco:
I am definitely an emotional eater. The problem is no matter what emotion I am feeling, I want to eat. I rarely include exercise in my diets. Usually I am just very strict with my eating since I don't exercise. But this time I plan to include 15 of stair master and 30 mins of treadmill today. I will give you daily info since my schedule is always changing. As for my eating, I wrote down my eating plan for the next two weeks. Focusing mostly on protein, low carb. I am excited and ready to lose those dreaded 25 pounds!!!
Old 09-05-2017, 01:20 PM   #10  

Your meal plan for today was impressive, a good balance of foods. You'll have to let me know how you get on at the gym after work.

I am keen to get started in the morning and am feeling very positive that together we can each lose the 25 pounds.

I am a little nervous about what my starting weight and measurements will be when I record them for the first time in the morning...eek!
Old 09-05-2017, 01:23 PM   #11  

I was so nervous too. I thought I was a little heavier actually. But I'm motivated!! Did my picture go through of the scale?
Old 09-05-2017, 02:17 PM   #12  

No, I haven't received your photo. Having said that, I am new to the site so maybe I'm looking in the wrong place? I will have some spare time tomorrow so will try and get to grips with the site layout and update my profile fully.
Old 09-05-2017, 02:55 PM   #13  

No worries. I am totally new to it too. So today my coworkers are having lunch at a buffet for a co-worker's birthday. The buffet they are going to has absolutely nothing healthy to eat. I had to sort lie and said I had an appointment because if not they would have begged me to go with them and my meal plan would be ruined. It is rough but I really want to do this and it is going to take sacrifices. On Saturday we have a play to go to and then dinner after. I want to focus on protein on that day. I have to make this happen somehow. See your support is already helping because with those events on calendar I would have already given up and just started next week which would have added another 5 pounds on me. So thank you!

Last edited by PurplePetal; 09-05-2017 at 02:57 PM.
Old 09-05-2017, 04:57 PM   #14  

You're doing great, well done on swerving the buffet lunch. You must be very proud of yourself for doing that. You've definitely got the right attitude towards making this plan work - basing your meals on the day of the play round protein will help keep any hunger pangs at bay. If you know where you are going for dinner afterwards maybe you could have a look at the menu and decide in advance what you will eat. You seem super organised.
Old 09-05-2017, 05:02 PM   #15  

Yes I am a planner. If I don't plan, I will not make it right through the day. Great idea on looking at the menu in advance! I will do that!!!! Yay!!! I really can't thank you enough for the support. You know my husband just finished a weightloss challenge and lost 55 pounds. He did amazing. I just cant use him for support because with me he is so biased he wouldn't hold me accountable. He says I don't need to lose weight but I feel I do. Then again he did meet me when I was almost 400 pounds. So I guess anything under that is good with him. Lol