Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-02-2017, 02:43 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 113/see my ticker/95

Height: 174 cm

Well, hello there my lovely strangers!

I am so sorry for having left this thread unattended. My baby got sick again, apparently she now has asthma. With four more kids to take care of I reallyy didn't have it in me to get online every night to log my food. Long story short, life got really busy, but I did finish my Whole30 program. It was tough!!! But I'm proud of myself.

I lost more than 10 pounds. I know a major part of it was water but still, I'm loving it. I have already introduced dairy back and I'm transitioning to keto.

If you're interested in Whole30, I suggest you read up everything on their website, and I'm here to answer any questions. I loved the program, it is strict, but it's also short and very benefitial if you need to change your mindset about eating and get your apetite under control! I fully intend to repeat it in few months, unless I feel even better on keto. I will definitely keep you posted!
Ronja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 09:23 PM   #62  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Ronja,
I am proud of you! You made it the reward is your loss. I am sorry about your baby having sick kids adds stress for all family members. I see you hitting your goal by December 31! Please check in when you can. I have started back to LCHF Atkins induction since I had strayed. It is tough getting back into that groove. Basically I will be in keto for the next 2 months. Today carbs are at 11.8 and those were mostly through veggies.
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 02:08 AM   #63  

Wow 11.8, you are amazing!!! I did well yesterday, my first official ket oday, until I ate a large plum before I even realized I am not allowed to eat fruits now. Arrgghhh, would you believe it was 15 net carbs? Shocking! But it's a new day today so I'm going to be more mindful. I can't imagine 11.8 carbs a day though, I eat low carb meals, but apparently I eat too much of them

I know what you mean about getting back on track being tough when you go low carb. I actually find that fat helps me to cope with low carbs much better. I feel no "carb flu" or anything of that sort, but then again, I ate just very little fruit at the end of my whole30 program so the transition is not so difficult. What I find hard to handle is limiting my vegetable, I've never had to limit vegetable before. I track all my nutrients to make sure I have enough vitamins.

I hope you have another excellent almost-zero-carbs day today and feel much better!!!
Old 10-03-2017, 02:28 PM   #64  
Work in Progress

Well when all said and done yesterday I ended up with 19.0, I had some cashews before bedtime and did not realize how high those were in carbs. Some low carb veggies are celery, pickles, lettuce. But when I really get the 'munchies' in the evening I get pork rinds which is the equivalent of potato chips for me. LOL
Old 10-03-2017, 05:02 PM   #65  

19.0 is still awesome! I am getting a grip of carbs, I scored around 11 today too, but my protein intake is double of what it should be. That means my body will process meat for glucose and not enter ketosis, arrgh!! Goona try again tomorrow. I will get it, eventually!
Old 10-03-2017, 05:23 PM   #66  
Work in Progress

I have never known how much protein I can eat before my body starts to process meat for glucose, do you have resources you can direct me too or know the answer?
Old 10-04-2017, 08:41 AM   #67  

Well I'm really new to keto, but as I understand it, you need to stay in optimal fat : protein : carbs ratio. Keto is a high fat, MODERATE protein, low carb diet. If your protein intake is too high, your body process protein into glucose, a process called gluconeogenesis. You can read more about this here https://www.perfectketo.com/how-too-...d-for-ketosis/

I was recommended Cronometer website and I can't recommend it high enough. It allows me to log my food and check on my macronutrients so I can see how many grams of fat/protein I should eat a day. It's excellent, and free. Hope it helps

Last edited by Ronja; 10-04-2017 at 08:41 AM.
Old 10-05-2017, 06:08 PM   #68  
Work in Progress

Well I have downloaded the app and am learning to use it....not sure if it is any easier to use than the Atkins app but I am willing to give it a go. I did however find the website very insightful since I have been doing low carb but never knew about too much protein. I will check in with you soon