Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-24-2016, 07:19 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 287.6/282.6/200

Height: 5'2

Default what happened?? where did my motivation go?

Hey guys, new here and just wanted to jump in and hope to make some new friends, give support, get support, and lose this weight! Basically I have went up and down my whole life when the scale is moving down yay I am so happy but then it gets stuck or goes back up and my motivation flies out the window I really have no support and no one saying " you can do this" "don't give up" although I do tell myself these things.. it really bugs me to be my own support group. Last year I lost 30 pounds was super happy with myself and then it happened again motivation gone and a year later gained it all back! I would love to be able to just once keep going and not give up so I'm here just hoping to gain a little motivation, talk to people that feel the way I do, and just rant sometimes. It gets so hard to lose and frustrates me to no end as I'm sure many people have experienced. So... HELP ME! Please..
Nicole51510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 08:55 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 287.6/282.6/200

Height: 5'2

Thank you! It's so easy to lose motivation where there is no support and of course trying to eat healthy while husband and daughter are munching on chips and sweets. They really don't see that it's not helping me or them to eat this way.
Nicole51510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 09:43 PM   #3  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

Hang in there. When you find yourself taking one step forward and two back, crank up the music, you just learned to line dance!

You have to reframe your thinking, it is not an easy task, but can be done.

As far as kids, spouses, etc., eating the yuk food, they most likely do not need it either. Make it a mission to slowly wean them off that junk.

There are tons of fun ways to eat fresh, crunchy veg! Even my veg hating husband, who had never eaten a veg other than a green bean for the first 20 years of his life, now likes salad, and fresh cucumbers, and tomatoes, and even asks for more veg!

Took me awhile! But I did not give up! I did let the kids have some junk, but that was the now and then. It was so funny when I caught my 5 year old hiding in the closet, eating the green pepper, I told him not to eat because it was for a holiday dish! I so could not get mad, bought another pepper.
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 11:06 PM   #4  

Welcome to the club. Motivation is (unfortunately) a very fleeting thing. What losing serious weight comes down to is DISCIPLINE. Take it one day at a time, and have the day planned out. Know what your going to eat, how much, when your going to workout, and what you're going to do. Then DO IT. That's the hardest part. Try to find a workout buddy, that's what keeps me going on those off days!
rachelblanchet is offline   Reply With Quote