Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2003, 04:18 PM   #16  

Debbie: YOU GET A: for points and I think you deserve not only your for exercise, but a HUGE for juggling 5 children! Way to go girl and take care of the back. I always take an anti-inflammatory like Aleve, or Ibuprohen and my handy dandy Icy HOt or Ben Gay or something like that. It always does the trick for me.

Have a good evening girls!

Faye
Old 08-27-2003, 02:40 AM   #17  

WEDNESDAY: Today is Wednesday's Woes. Time to unload on what is bothering you or what you need help with!

I was dog tired last night and fell asleep on the bed about 7 PM so woke up at midnight wide awake when I went to the bathroom so here I am at 1:30 posting for the beginnng of the day!

I GOT A: for points and a for the challenge.

Jack liked my clothes and goofy me got all weepy hanging them up over being able to get into a new size.

Ladies, I will check in later when everyone who has any brains is up and around !

Faye
Old 08-27-2003, 07:49 AM   #18  

Morning all,
First day of school !! WOO HOO Kids were up easy and are now ready wayyy before it's time to go. I transport them to and from school, so I actually have to get dressed too.

Yesterday just blew by and before I knew it I was lying in bed thinking "damn! I forgot to exercise.........." Oh well, 2 pts for op and 1 for water. Guess it goes to show that I must do it early, or it's not gonna get done.

Well, gotta go. I hope everyone is having a good week.
Julie
Old 08-27-2003, 08:15 AM   #19  

Morning Ladies,

pts for yesterday: 1 pt for exercise, 1pt for water, and 2 program pts.

Faye, congrats on the new clothes, you will be stylin'

Mirabelly, I'll bet you just love it when it is back to school time, more of a routine for mom, more stability! I admire all you chickies with chilrens'!

Satine, I just when I saw your interjection about the Charlie Horse in your butt!!! Me too. My buttocks feels a little lighter, but it is spreading out! I sit at the all day at work, and I have been there going on 3 yrs now, so needless to say I have a "WIDE LOAD", TOO MUCH JUNK IN THE TRUNK! NOT LIKE JENNIFER LOPEZ THOUGH WOULDN'T THAT BE FAB TO HAVE HER FANNY! BET THAT THING IS INSURED!!! but I will keep and who knows one day I may like that...couldn't you just hear the headlines now, "A WOMAN WHO USE TO WEIGH IN AT A WHOPPING 356 LBS. GIVES JLO A RUN FOR HER $.....MORE NEWS AT 11:00A " No, seriously, I may never have a derrier like Jlo's, I may never have a "Ben Affleck on my arm", but I am damn sure going to be healthy!!!!

well Chickies, gotta go!! check in on you all later
Old 08-27-2003, 08:34 AM   #20  

Julie: YOU GET A: for points and a for forgetting your exercise! children, have a great day! Mom is thrilled...

Pam: YOU GET A: for points. I ended up having to put Ben Gay on my behind last night. I was not kidding about the charlie horses. That is kind of what they are like in the upper muscle of my tush. They like spasm and I know it is from the glider and will pass, but when you are walking and all of a sudden one hits, whooeee that stops you dead in your tracks. I will be happy just to have a normal SIZE butt who cares about perky, right?

My dh's paycheck is gonna zip out of that bank so fast tomorrow. Sheesh! $152 for ice show tickets, $63 for a pet car seat for next month (so my baby can ride in the car and see out the window), $75 for more contacts, $220 for doggie shots and exam (time of the year again), $104 for car tags due by the end of the month (Jack is getting them today), and then pay the darn bills and buy groceries! Good thing I put the clothes on deferred payment, huh?

Please say a little prayer for the Knox family from here in Memphis. Their little girl Tyra disappeared on Saturday and the donut eating dumb *** police here didn't put out an Amber alert for some reason. Monday night the owner of the vacant house across the street from Tyra's found her little pink bike against the carport and said it was not there on Sunday when he checked on the house. The police found a little girl's body in the attic of the house, but have not positively identified it AND the nutcase that lived in the house until recently walked away from the suicide section of St Francis last night and disappeared after checking himself in the night before! I am so mad and so agrieved for those parents! Thanks ladies I know the family would appreciate it!

Faye
Old 08-27-2003, 08:49 AM   #21  
It is what it is...

Angry Morning

Morning Ladies -

Faye - I will be praying for that family, that is horrible, just horrible...it is always hard for me to believe that there is such evil in the world...so many people hurting innocent children, it is just sickening....

Pam - funny about the JLo thing....hey we will get our own great looking butts one day....and like you said it may not be as good as hers ( although frankly I dont see the hype, its big, its a butt
c'mon... ) but we will be so proud of it!!! Wont we????

I was OP yesterday and got my exercise, but didnt get all my water in, just couldnt drink it all...besides I am a little confused on how much I should be drinking anyhow...any help in that direction I would appreciate it...

Oh my Weds woes is this ... about a year or so ago I noticed my hair starting to thin on top...it has progressively gotten worse and now I am going to a dermatologist next week...I am fairly depressed over this and hope it is something that can be reversed however I am not that hopeful....my scalp and forehead
are itchy alot...but I dont know if that has anything to do with the other....its like bam! Not only are you overweight and having to deal with that ( in the publics eyes ) but now you are going to go bald! I dont know.......

Have a good morning all....
Old 08-27-2003, 12:04 PM   #22  

Carri: Hope you find out what is causing the loss. It is probably something chemical and keep fixed. We will keep our for you.

**This is what the online newspaper had just a second ago when I checked for an update on the little girl.**

Police identify child's body as that of missing girl
Child's death ruled a homicide

Damn! Those poor parents. I cannot even fathom losing a child in this manner. Please just take a moment out of your day to thank God your kids are safe and a little prayer for her parents and grandparents at this time!

Faye
Old 08-27-2003, 12:54 PM   #23  
Soon-to-be Sexy Lady

Things like that really put your life into perspective. I'm sorry to hear about that family's loss.

I am having an OK day. I just found out my car's powertrain warranty expires on 9/9 and my steering like squeals when my car sits in the sun or cold for a long time. just a few minutes, but that can't be good. They fixed my whole power steering system last october and stole like $1000 from me, so that's why I've been putting off going back. BUT, if there is a chance that it's covered, I need to go back. Only problem is, I leave for vaca on Sunday and then i don't get back until the following Sunday, 9/7...so I either have to squeeze it in this week or the week I get back. Grrr. LOL

That's my gripe.

Yesterday, I was on track for 4 points, but had a little binging episode last nite. So I get 1 for exercise, 1 for water. None for plan.

Tonight I'm going to the gym for my upper body workout, so that should be good. I'm not having a good food day so far as someone put out a cup of sour skittles and I've been eating them all morning.
Old 08-27-2003, 02:36 PM   #24  

Missy: YOU GET A: for points. Missy, I want you to think about last night in your head. Now before you started binging, what were you thinking about? Were you thinking just that you thought you were hungry or was it something else? When you ate the first thing, whatever it was, what made you go to the next thing, again was it hunger or was your heading saying something else?

Well my lovely cat, tore out a hunk of the ceiling above the fridge! It is a mess. It is going to have to be replastered and painted and the cabinets below it repainted too! We had a leak from our toilet tank that dripped through the ceiling and softened it just enough and for some reason HE has been digging at it! What a mess!

I gave my dog a bath just now so I am sop and wet. I have him professionally groomed, but it costs $40 bucks so I bath him myself inbetween grooming and he has to go to the doctors tomorrow.

I have kind of been in a funk today. I think I am just tired though from getting up at 1 AM. It is too late for a nap and I would have to put Jack's dinner in the oven in about an hour so that squelches that anyway. I still have one more round on the glider too and I want to get that done before dh gets home.

I am wearing my new palazzo pantsuit tomorrow so I will be sure and take a pic. I am a scarf freak and have this cute coral scarf that will go with it that I think I will wear. It will make a good August pic for my scrapbook too.

Better go and get the last glider workout in.

Faye
Old 08-27-2003, 03:47 PM   #25  

hello ladies,

I have been attempting, UNSUCCESSFULLY I MIGHT ADD TO INSERT AN IMAGE HERE, MY PICTURE, HELP!!!!! CANT GET IT SMALLER, SAYS IMAGE IS TOO BIG?? IMAGINE THAT??? TO MANY BYTES THEY SAY, NO IT IS TOOOO MANY BITES!!!! If anyone can make my computer illiterate mind wrap around the concept of resizing pics I would be most grateful.

thanks!
Old 08-27-2003, 04:18 PM   #26  

Pam: What software program do you use for your pictures? I use something called Photo Express and it has a way to resize your pics. Pics here can be no more than 500 x 500. I have a something on my task bar called photo and when you click on it there is a resize option and I just go in and resize by percentage than get back out and go back in again and see where I am as far as pixels are concerned. When I get it to 500 x 500 then it will fit.

Faye
Old 08-27-2003, 05:28 PM   #27  
Soon-to-be Sexy Lady

Faye - OK it went like this...I was good all day, this damn taffy kept tempting me, but I only had one piece...then I got home, ate dinner and saw my mom had made banana nut bread. So I cut about a 1 1/2- to 2-in. thick piece. I ate it, and even while I was eating it, I thought about how I wanted more. So I finished it, thought about it a few minutes, and then I went and ate another piece...and while i was eating THAT piece, I was still thinking about the piece left....and just thought to myself that "if I eat it, it will be gone and it won't tempt me." So then I ate it, but before I thought about the banana bread, I was thinking about having a skinny cow bar...so after I was done with over half of the banana bread loaf, I ate one skinny cow...then I was like..mmm, originally I alotted for 2 skinny cows....so I'll eat another one. Even though I had ALREADY had the banana bread. Then I had this chocoolatey taste in my mouth, so I ate like a bunch of grapes (not bad for you), but still.

And even as I was eating, I felt like I had an upset stomach and that I was slightly full, but I kinda just kept eating, I wanted the taste and the sweetness.

It's almost like I need to eat something sweet after every meal. Here at work I bring pineapple cups, applesauce, things like that...but ath ome, I always reach for the junk.

When I was in high school...I weighed 120lbs. and every morning I ate cake, cookies or some sort of pastry for breakfast. And I stayed 120lbs...now I'm just like obsessed and all I can think about is gaining back that weight I lost last weekend.
Old 08-27-2003, 07:38 PM   #28  

Missy: Ok, Kiddo, you need to conquer this binging thing once and for all. One of THE absolute toughest things to do is to WALK AWAY! Hunger is one thing, binging is another and you were binging and I know you know that. Your family can't be held hostage by your food needs and YOU are going to have to be the one to walk away. WHAT DO YOU WANT MORE, THE FOOD OR THE WEIGHT LOSS? WHICH WILL REALLY MAKE YOU HAPPY? Next time you start this cycle YOU MUST BREAK IT! ONLY YOU CAN DO SO AND ONCE YOU BREAK IT, IT GETS EASIER THE NEXT TIME AND THEN THE NEXT. I want you to remember this like I am shouting it in your ear standing next to you the next time you start to binge, "which do I want more the food or the weight loss?" Then whatever you are eating, destroy, in the disposal mangled in the trash drizzled with oil whatever to make it unedible then WALK AWAY FROM IT AS FAST AS YOU CAN! If you ever want to break yourself of this, you are going to have to learn to walk away! You have the inner strength to do this I know you can!

Faye
Old 08-27-2003, 08:37 PM   #29  
Soon-to-be Sexy Lady

I just love you Faye.

So far I am at 1038 calories for the day. That leaves me with approximately 300 left to go. I had a small Skittles incident at work today and didn't realize how many freaking calories THEY had...so I was at the gym until late tonight and had a big salad my swwweeeet mommy had nicely prepared for me and that has nicely filled me up.

I'm thinking about more of that damn banana nut bread...lol...but I think I'm gonna take a shower...and then maybe have an ice cream sandwich (150 cal. sandwich)

THanks faye! Hugs
Old 08-28-2003, 05:00 AM   #30  

THURSDAY: Time for US Thursday. What better thing can we do for ourselves but to pamper us once in awhile!

Missy: I love you kiddo and I know how hard it is, remember? I have binged too and I know that you just HAVE to tough it out! I know you did fine yesterday. I just know it without even seeing your points because you want it so much!

I GET A: for points and a for the challenge. WooHOO! I am OP again!

Well, I ordered the dog's car seat and my contacts and ticketmaster is doing maintenance so I have to wait for that. All in all, I am going top speed this AM already though I am bone tired.

Check in later girlies!

Faye
Closed Thread