Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-27-2016, 05:19 PM   #1  
Thin Girl in fat Girl bod

S/C/G: 267/215/200

Height: 5'6

Default Fitbit app

Ok, Im getting really fed up with my fitbit app.

I hate that when I go to log my food it compares calories burned AT THAT PARTICULAR POINT to what you are eating AT THAT PARTICULAR TIME. and puts whether you are over budget or under. Im always in the red, and it's very discouraging especially since I dn't usually do my exercising until night time. At the end of the day, because of the RED...I end up having only 1000 calories, after all is said and done with the calorie burn. I'm beginning to think this fitbit is only really good for tracking my steps and my sleep. because I have to put in everything else...

Is there a good app out there, that I can add my food, and have it not say BAHHHHH You've eaten too much..no more food for you ....cuz that always makes me not want to eat... VERY discouraging
CarolNEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 06:53 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

I use MyFitnessPal. I've used quite a few trackers and I personally like this one the best. I don't have a fitbit, but my Polar activity tracker links up and it works great.
MonteCristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 12:13 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 313/175/147

Height: 5'7.5

I don't use the fitbit food tracker - I use MyNetDiary (pro) - and it has helped me a ton!The tracking is way easier, especially if you have a food scale. I love the fitbit for heart rate data and exercise stats. You should just have a set number for calories per day. I do 1600-1800 per day. I exercise about 600 net calories per day. Some days are better than others, but being consistent in that has paid off. You can do weird things to your body & metabolism if you only eat 1000 calories a day and are exercising a lot. The fitbit is a helpful tool, but perhaps you may want to mess with the settings a bit if its throwing you off.
JulesMarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 05:45 PM   #4  

Height: 5' 8"

I use myfitnesspal and it syncs with my fitbit. Then you can remove that tile from your fitbit dashboard.
envelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 08:49 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 214/195/165

Height: 5'4"

I use the Fitbit app but set my own calorie goal...
HaveDogWillDiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 03:30 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonteCristo View Post
I use MyFitnessPal. I've used quite a few trackers and I personally like this one the best. I don't have a fitbit, but my Polar activity tracker links up and it works great.
Same here, I used MFP for about 5 years, tried FitBit just to link it to a device, and their kcal measurements are way off.
tranforMATTion is offline   Reply With Quote