Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-11-2016, 09:29 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 257/230.0/156

Height: 5' 8"

Default When do you begin to see the body sliding stop?

I still have a chunk to go for loss, but as I was standing at the mirror assessing myself, I wondered, when does gravity and loss finally start to make your body look good? Right now my body shape looks like a big old landslide downward. It seems that all is hanging right at it's lowest point at each level of body part where it used to reside. I know we can't spot shape up an area - I am just wondering when does it finally look like it's tightening up and not so slide-y looking? Do you have to get past the 50 lb threshold? I am curious - this is the largest I have been for a loss and I didn't have the landslide effect the last time I dealt with weight. Ok, I will state, I can be impatient but I know it takes time. And yes I am exercising and trying to work weights back into my routine (yeah anything that ends in -itis right now!). Let me know your successes in loosing the great body-landslide.
lemonthyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 10:14 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 214/160/140

Height: 5'4

I'm down about 40 pounds from my highest. I'm 49 years old. Here's my experience lemonthyme.

I was very jiggly. Way more cellulite-y looking than before and believe me I was pretty dimply before. And fat around my stomach is much looser. Some folks here thought maybe the stomach flab was excess skin. I don't know. It sure doesn't feel like skin.

What I do know is that just now since I've been doing intervals and pilates that my thighs and hips are getting less jiggly. And I really have been more in maintenance mode as opposed to weight loss since August. I suspect if I start doing plank and ab work that the fat on my stomach would now finally tighten up too.

edited to add: I think I'm still more jiggly than I was before I lost 40 pounds. I can still see dimples when I wear cheaper yoga pants. That didn't happen before. At least I don't think it did. But then, I wasn't looking at my body quite so much back then.

Last edited by Treasa; 01-11-2016 at 12:00 PM.
Treasa is offline   Reply With Quote