3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   January 2016 - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/307553-january-2016-daily-accountability-lifestyle-change-everyone-welcome.html)

Diana3271 12-29-2015 10:48 PM

January 2016 - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome!

Hello Everyone! :wave: Welcome to the Check-In! Let's make it a great month!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

:cheer2: Here's to the start of a great month! :cheer2:

novangel 12-30-2015 09:01 AM

I'm STILL here! :carrot: Diana, you and I have to be two of the longest posters here..maybe Larry too. Where are you by the way? On vacation? Sorry I missed it.

My weight loss journey consists of running, weights, and at one time being more careful about what I was eating. My plan is to get back to exercising minimum 5 days a week, and being more accountable with food. I've decided to go low carb for the first time in my life. I started low carb yesterday and so far so good. :lol: I will allow 1 day a week for carbs at one meal. So...let's do this.

What keeps me motivated is having a trip booked in November for the 3rd time now. I gotta keep working towards the bikini body. ;)

:wave: Hello to all. Let's make 2016 a good one!! :)

Nichols, you're progress is really amazing. You go, girl. Seriously.

Diana3271 12-30-2015 09:17 AM

Novangel Hi :wave: I'm on vacation in Asheville, NC.

noshoes 12-31-2015 07:40 AM

Looking to lose a kilo in January. My birthday is towards the end so I wonder if I can be 'ideal weight' (below 25 BMI) by then.

Diana3271 12-31-2015 08:47 AM

Noshoes Hi and welcome! :welcome2: Good luck with your goal.

novangel 12-31-2015 11:33 AM

So, I got to courage to get on the scale and I'm about 150p. :( *SIGH* The harsh reality is I'm only about 6p from my starting weight in 2012. It's almost like having to start all over again.

I know people are thinking a 10-12p gain isn't that bad but the big deal is I can lose 30p no problem, it's losing the last 10p that is almost impossible.

I'm about ready to just accept I will always be a certain size. I've been fighting this weight over 20 years. I get down to 135p and then back to 150p over and over and over. It's insanity.

I'll give it another shot but this is the last time. :mad:

novangel 12-31-2015 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diana3271 (Post 5225145)
Novangel Hi :wave: I'm on vacation in Asheville, NC.

Hope you enjoyed your time there. I've never been there but would love to visit the Carolinas someday.

Larry H 12-31-2015 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by novangel (Post 5225491)
So, I got to courage to get on the scale and I'm about 150p. :( *SIGH* The harsh reality is I'm only about 6p from my starting weight in 2012. It's almost like having to start all over again.

I know people are thinking a 10-12p gain isn't that bad but the big deal is I can lose 30p no problem, it's losing the last 10p that is almost impossible.

I'm about ready to just accept I will always be a certain size. I've been fighting this weight over 20 years. I get down to 135p and then back to 150p over and over and over. It's insanity.

I'll give it another shot but this is the last time. :mad:

You can do this!! :cheer::cheer::cheer:

Always remember what Winston Churchill said when the war was going terribly wrong and it looked like Germany would win. He said

"Never, never, never give up."

Winston Churchill

Nicholsfamily1987 12-31-2015 03:19 PM

Personals –
Coolmom: I hate when your day is going so good only to screw it up right before bed! It happens though. Hopefully tomorrow will be better for you!
Diana: I have always wanted to zipline. That would be amazing!
Tootsie: Welcome! This site is amazing and supportive!
Goodyfay: 14 minutes? WOW! That’s awesome! Love hearing that you’ve lost 10 lbs since joining in on here! WTG!
Retrorabbit: Hopefully you get better sleep tonight!
Sorry if I didn’t get to you! Hello all around!

Weight today: 139.6

Exercise: 1 mile so far

Calories: 778 calories as of right now. Still have dinner to go tonight and a New Years Eve Party so hopefully I can be good!

Pizza night turned out bad. Not because I ate too much but just because it was not good. I got a thin crust cheese pizza (lowest calories on their menu) and it tasted like paper. So I will not be doing that again unless it’s the real thing. I’m hoping to get another workout in before the end of the day. We have a New Years Eve Party to go to tonight and I don’t think they are having any snacks that I’m going to find good so that will benefit me hopefully. I don’t know how I’m going to stay up til midnight. With my Iron and B-12 still regulating I am still exhausted pretty earlier (although it isn’t 6-7 anymore)…but I’m ready to crash come 8 or 9 at night…so midnight seems pretty far fetch.

I’m going to try to get a turbojam workout in now so I’ll talk to ya’ll later!
Everyone have a great New Years Eve!!

novangel 12-31-2015 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry H (Post 5225516)
You can do this!! :cheer::cheer::cheer:

Always remember what Winston Churchill said when the war was going terribly wrong and it looked like Germany would win. He said

"Never, never, never give up."

Winston Churchill

Thank you, Larry. :carrot: Actually you're the one that has inspired me to go low carb. ;) I'm on day 3, it's early yet but so far so good. :)

Larry H 12-31-2015 08:49 PM

Another Zero Carb day today this makes ten in a row now.

Went to an early New Years party with my wife tonight.

They served finger food and finger food = Carbage so I simply socialized and watched others partake while I drank several black decaf coffees.

I had a great time and enjoyed myself.

Two friends of ours told me they were starting Atkins tomorrow. We shall see?
My experience is many start and only a few of us winners stick with it.

Larry H 12-31-2015 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by novangel (Post 5225563)
Thank you, Larry. :carrot: Actually you're the one that has inspired me to go low carb. ;) I'm on day 3, it's early yet but so far so good. :)

If you would like to try Atkins low carb, this URL will give you a FREE PDF file of Atkins New Diet Revolution Book.
I read it and use it. You will find a list of what to eat and what not to eat starting on page 84.

http://evilloop.com/atkins.pdf

flower123 12-31-2015 09:06 PM

Happy New Year's Eve everyone. I may not get yo do personals today. But I have been reading. Am on the iPad which I find challenging to use with the bold function. Although I am getting better at it.

Weight up this morning by 2.4 lbs. strict diet today. Should end up with around 700 calories and 13 g carbs.

Hope everyone is enjoying Jew year's Eve ! :newyear:

Diana3271 01-01-2016 07:40 AM

Good Morning, Everyone! :wave:

Today is our last day in the mountains. I just opened the sliding glass doors to let some fresh mountain air in the room. :brr: I am getting ready to have some coffee. :coffee: Today will be a travel day so no workout will be reported for me. I guess I could hit the gym before I pack but I am not THAT dedicated. :rofl: I will workout during my vacation but I don't do anything early in the morning. I should arrange for a late checkout when we travel. Anyways, wishing everyone a Happy New Year! I hope you had a safe but fun evening.

Here is a free New Years Challenge w/a super sweet instructor if you want to give her a try. The workouts are free. http://www.jennyford.com/30-day-fitness-challenge-2016/ If you like her, she also has DVD's for purchase.

Weigh In: 169.2
I am up around 12 pounds from my low. Crazy! I won't be 100% back on plan until tomorrow. I am ready to get rid of this bloat! CoolMom mentioned about being down just a bit over last year. With this gain, I am also down just a few pounds, so I will take it as a win.

Have a great day!

kelijpa 01-01-2016 08:00 AM

Good morning all!
Happy New Year! :grouphug:

Ready to get back to goal this year. Novangel I hear you, I'm up 12 pounds from last year, we did a reboot the last five days, so I'm feeling ready to hit it hard. I find that when I accept that this is the weight I'm going to be, that usually spurs me on to lose, so wishing you strength and success, low carb is good.

Larry your willpower is awe inspiring! WTG
Nichols sorry your pizza wasn't all you hoped for.
Flower :hug:
Diana :wave:

So, my check-in, planning on focusing on more fruits and vegetables, with a 5:2 intermittent fasting, logging food and exercise, and regular exercise, all things I've done before with good success.
W-177.7
B-oatmeal, cashew milk, zante currants, sunflower nuts, coffee w/half & half and one tbsp creamer
L- plan salad
E- day 1 of c25k with DH

Best to all :sunny:

Treasa 01-01-2016 09:05 AM

Happy New Year everyone!

I'm not kicking into high gear weight loss mode again until Monday. I was going to wait until Lent (early February) but I'm still up 3 pounds from my 4 day Christmas binge and I want to see that gone. Have a couple of more parties this weekend so just treading water til Monday. Still up 3 pounds from this year's low, but I'm just happy (and proud) to be more than 30 pounds down from last year!

noshoes - Welcome!

Kelijpa - you've done a great job. I'm right where you are in terms of how much weight I still want to lose.

Diana - you are an inspiration to me! I really admire how you are on here everyday plugging along. I'm going to try the exercise challenge starting Monday. Thanks for suggesting it.

Flower - I feel your pain. I'm still up 3 pounds from Christmas.

Larry - You're amazing. I was sorry to see your anemia isn't better.

Novangel - I have to do low(ish) carb. I think this Christmas has very clearly shown that for me bread is a gateway drug. If I eat oatmeal for breakfast, by lunch I've moved on to Milky Ways.

Nicholsfamily - You're amazing. Hope your party was fun!

novangel 01-01-2016 10:15 AM

So Diana & Keli, you both have joined me in the 12p club. Well, at least I'm not alone. We can do this. :carrot:

Larry: Thank you for the link, I will definitely read it. :)

NYE was nice, we went to our favorite steak restaurant that we go to twice a year (it's pricey) & the food is dynamite. I had them swap the garlic mashes potatoes for garlic sauteed spinach. I actually like veggies when prepared the right way so that's a bonus. I also had the most amazing dirty martini which are my favorite, & vodka is 0 sugar/carbs. Martinis are a food group right? :D

The gym is only open until 1pm today so I need to get there!

Have a good day, everyone!

novangel 01-01-2016 11:13 AM

I read it Larry but the only thing I refuse to change is using artificial sugar in my decaf coffee. I have a hang-up about that stuff so I use real sugar but in moderation. Everything else is totally doable...pretty much how I eat anyway, just have to take away bread and pasta/rice. I don't drink soda.

This won't be too hard. :) Good thing I'm already on Lipitor. :lol:

Watercolor 01-01-2016 01:45 PM

Quote:

Novangel
You've done well to stay within a 15 pound range through the years.
You probably need to understand that STAYING on the low end requires extra EXTRA effort. You need to then decide if you're willing to do that extra effort for the rest of your life. If so, carry on. If not, work on accepting your body at a higher weight. Either way it's a tough decision, and only you know what fits in with the rest of your life.

Larry
You cease to amaze me. Look how close you are to your goal!

Diana
Have a safe trip back home, dear.

Sundove 01-01-2016 04:05 PM

:dancer: Happy 2016!
Diana hope you enjoyed that last coffee on the veranda to the max, and had a smooth trip home. Thank-you for hosting this thread through the holidays!

Welcome noshoes!

GoodyFay How is the soup turning out (if you made it)? I'm looking for a hearty soup or stew for all the chicken in my freezer.

flower123 :wave: Stay warm!

Midnight Thanks for the info and for the reminder about dance as exercise & keeping it fun!

Penny Congrats on making it through the party marathon. I hope you enjoyed every one of them :)

kelijpa Sounds like you are already on track to get in top shape. I'm thinking of you as the See's alumna who went camping on Christmas--good & then better :)

:wave: everyone else!

Today:
Cal about 1515 wt 173.2 BF% 32.1
Scale has been consistent with BF% over the yrs, so that's helpful even it isn't my "real" body fat %

B 240 last of my protein packet--tasteless chicken a la king, coffee, broccoli
L 436 salad, grilled chicken, beans, 0-cal blue cheese dsg, apple
D 448 turkey chili, yam
S 140 protein shake, sauteed cabbage, yam
S 200 broccoli, toasted peanut oil, protein shake
2.5 liters water, 20 min cardio, 20 min wts & ab work

GoodyFay 01-01-2016 05:26 PM

Hi! Happy New Year!
Wt 173.2
Broke my tablet last night and no internet at home so limited posting capabilities.

Diana- Thank you!!! This thread is wonderful!

Coolmom- are you in Seattle? We might be in the same area! That Seattle to Portland ride sounds like such an amazing challenge. Go for it! What a beautiful ride!

Nichol- Thanks!!

Sundove- going to the store now....can't wait to hear what you come up with for the chicken!

Midnight- My dr. Is on vacation until monday so ill find out then. I'm going to get some hot and sour soup after grocery shopping today! We're part of the hot and sour soup club! I gotta learn how to make it!

Penny- Thanks! Peanut butter in chili is genius! Kinda like a mole sauce!

Tootsie- glad you are finding your way around!

Noshoes- welcome!

I won't even begin to tell you how much food I consumed and how many glasses of champagne were drunk.
Calories: 12 billion
But I'm totally okay with it. I just wish I had worked in some cake or something....I'll have to work it into my lunch box this week.
Happy new year everyone!

Sundove 01-01-2016 05:40 PM

GoodyFay Oh no, I hope your tablet is easy to replace or fix. Sorry you didn't pack in the cake--that would have been the first thing I hit. Btw, I was hinting around for YOU to come up with soup ideas :rofl:. And you came through--thanks! Thanks you too Penny & Midnight!

I love both Hot n Sour & mole (I think H & S involves vinegar & soy/tamari sauce) And don't even start me on mole--food of the Gods! I'm not quite getting how the sandwich works with the chili, but I sure like the peanut concept. I bought some traditional mole powders this summer in AZ to spice up my chili and they are really good.

pnkrckpixikat 01-01-2016 06:09 PM

Hello all, I am back again after falling off the wagon again, such is life I guess. I know that this site helps me stay on track so hopefully I can get back to checking in reliably.

Novangel - I feel you 100% on feeling like you are back where you started, today I weighed in at 1lb above my high weight from March 2010. But we've lost it before, we can lose it again :)

To achieve that aim I am returning to calorie counting, trying to limit my carbs since simple carbs seem to be my biggest trigger, and am going to try to get back in the habit of working out. I walked for 45mins on the treadmill today so I'm off to a good start.

Hope everyone has a great New Years Day

novangel 01-01-2016 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pnkrckpixikat (Post 5225910)
Novangel - I feel you 100% on feeling like you are back where you started, today I weighed in at 1lb above my high weight from March 2010. But we've lost it before, we can lose it again.

Yep. Welcome back. :)

Flower: I'm not ready to throw in the towel but I do find it ironic that keeping off 10-15p is WAY harder than losing 30p. After I had my son in 2002 I was 174p for a few years (which felt awful) but for the most part I've fluxed between 135p-150p a hundred times. Pain in the rump. :dizzy:

Today is day 4 of low carb and I'm starting to miss my morning bagel with my eggs. Need to buy bacon. :p

midnight12 01-01-2016 06:46 PM

Hi to all!
Novangel, good luck on your new low carb journey and on achieving the bikini body. Don't give up! Changing your method might be just the ticket.
Noshoes, hi there!
Diana, hope your ride home was nice. Thanks for the exercise link. I'll check that out.
Larry, thanks for the link. I'm always interested in learning about low carb options, though no carb would be impossible for me.
Flower, 700 would be a very good day. :)
Kelijpa, Much success with the intermittent fasting. Bet you'll be burning it up when you exercise. Think you'll do very well. It's good to change things up. Wish I could do what you're doing, but diabetes prevents me from skipping more than 1 meal a day. For a couple months I skipped breakfast, and with exercise it made a substantial difference on the scale. I should go back to that for a while, as my losses have been slower now.
GoodyFay and Sundove, I have a good recipe for Hot and Sour Soup. If you want I'll try and post it in one of the forum food sections tomorrow.

We had to cancel going for Chinese today as DH has some kind of stomach bug.
B- baby carrots L- 2% cottage cheese with 50 blueberries, 1 chocolate chip cookie, 2 chocolate kisses S- pistachios D- bean burrito with hot salsa
Exercise: 3 30 minute dance sessions. I found some good high-intensity dancing/running music here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iXMb_wlq6M

Have a nice evening.

ladyfat 01-01-2016 07:18 PM

I wanted to keep eating after eating lunch. I had enough calories. So I chose this half chocolate bar that's been in my chocolate/protein bar bin for awhile. Probably because I don't really care that much for chocolate, but I like something sweet, so once in awhile, it works. So I ate the whole half bar (230 calories). And it was like. Ugh. This felt gross. My stomach feels gross. My mouth feels gross. It's all gross! So I satisfied my desire to eat more, but didn't need it or want it really. Lessons for the next day.

kelijpa 01-01-2016 07:34 PM

Hello all,

The day turned out pretty good, DH wanted to try couch to 5k, so we did day one today, he liked it, so that was a good thing.

L-salad, iceberg, beets, chickpeas, mushrooms, olives, Italian dressing
D-homemade (DH) shrimp bisque, yummy
S-shot of Irish cream
E-weights, c25k/walk at rail trail
MFP leaves me with 40 calories, that was some yummy soup :D

Sundove thanks, that is an awesome way to be thought of.

Goodyfay sorry about your tablet, hope it gets fixed soon.

Pixicat welcome back!

Midnight thank you, I'm enjoying the spark while it is here, I'm no good at skipping breakfast, I think I'm going to go back to a green smoothie for breakfast for awhile. I'll have to check out those dance videos, sounds fun.

Hope everyone has a great night:sunny:

Diana3271 01-01-2016 09:02 PM

Hi everyone! :wave:

ladyfat & pnkrckpixikat Hi and Welcome! :welcome2:

I just got back home. Now I need to get everything washed and put away. I thought traveling and vacation was supposed to be fun. :p DH is already in bed! He has to get up early for a duck hunt. We know how important that is. ;) The good thing is that him and Cody will be out of the house and hopefully I can get everything back in order. I am going to give it a few days before I adjust my ticker. Hopefully I have a lot of water weight going on. Tomorrow will be my first day back on plan. I usually drink a shake for breakfast on the weekends. I am tired of the shakes and really want my normal breakfast. So, I will be on plan with foods but my calories may be a little higher. No matter what, it will be better than how I have been eating for the last 9 days. Hopefully it won't be too tough getting back on track. I might have to rely on some iced coffee during the day. That seems to curb my hunger and cravings better than just water. I don't even want to think about the pending cravings! UGH! Also, something I learned about this trip. My body really likes my usual veggies, apples, etc. Toward the end of the trip, I wasn't using the bathroom and my stomach was hurting. I finally went to the store and bought some apples. I ate 4 in 2 days and this morning I went to the bathroom better than I had the entire trip. I know this is all TMI but it's all part of the process. :lol:

No time for personals since the whole house has been dumped in my living room. UGH!

Have a great evening!

Penny105 01-01-2016 09:19 PM

Happy first day of 2016, everyone!

Surprisingly, I am well within my calories today. I've been having some strong "eat, eat, eat" cravings the past couple days. Any crap food in large quantities sounds good. I had to watch out that I didn't sit down with a bag of candy or a container of cake and just eat it all. I wanted to. A lot.

I'm so glad I chose not to. Things would only get much worse (but that's hard to remember in the moment). And I hope these cravings go away soon. They're never very fun. :/

B- pumpkin oatmeal
L- teriyaki chicken, a side salad, mini sausages, and a slice of carrot cake
S- cocktail shrimp in sauce
D- leftover teriyaki chicken, mixed baked veggies, pink cloud salad
D- A lindor truffle

Sundove: Thank you! Today was my LAST holiday party! I'm thrilled!
The peanut butter sandwich is usually half a sandwich, then you stick one end in your bowl until it's saturated with chili, then eat it. I keep putting it back in to keep getting more chili on it. It's delicious!

GoodyFay: I hate having no Internet - hopefully things get squared away so you can have it back soon!
It is kind of like a mole! It's one of my favorites, and so easy. :)

pnkrckpixikat: Welcome! Falling off the wagon happens. The important thing is that you're going to try again.

Midnight: I hope your husband feels better soon!

Ladyfat: Welcome to the thread! :wave:

Diana: I'm glad the trip was awesome! Good luck getting everything put back together - that's always a big undertaking after a vacation!

RetroRabbit 01-01-2016 09:50 PM

Eek, 2016! Where is time going? :dunno:

I didn't restrict yesterday. I did fine for breakfast and lunch and went to the gym, but then had a big dinner, lots of ice cream, and some whisky :hat:

Today was good. I mostly snacked rather than had meals, so I hope my calorie estimates aren't too off. I got in a good workout though, so it's no worry. 20 minutes of jogging, some walking, stretching, a 4 minute plank, and 15 minutes on the eliptical :)

B: banana, some nuts (200)
s: eggplant, bread (500)
s: bread w/ hummus and veggies (800)
s: almonds, tortilla chips (1200)
D: rice, tofu, veggies (1800)

Now some peppermint tea, a bit of writing, and hopefully a good night's sleep.
Let's make this year the best yet! :)

Larry H 01-01-2016 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by novangel (Post 5225754)
I read it Larry but the only thing I refuse to change is using artificial sugar in my decaf coffee. I have a hang-up about that stuff so I use real sugar but in moderation. Everything else is totally doable...pretty much how I eat anyway, just have to take away bread and pasta/rice. I don't drink soda.

This won't be too hard. :) Good thing I'm already on Lipitor. :lol:

Just count the carbs in the sugar to make sure you are not too high. Everyone does this a little different and as long as the differences are not too great it seems to still work. I use Stevia. It supposed to be as natural as sugar but who knows?

Larry H 01-01-2016 10:05 PM

A Zero Carb Day today.

I enjoyed a good first motorcycle ride of the year today. With friends who belong to The Honda Gold Wing Riders.
We went to Welaka, FL for lunch at Shrimp R Us where I ate two grilled chicken thighs with no seasoning.
It was a 302 mile ride for me. It started at 6:30 this morning in moderate fog which eventually burned off.
We ran into a very brief rain shower near the restaurant. Not enough to get me wet but it was enough to dirty up my bike.
Temp was 84 degrees today

No rain at all coming home. It was interesting watching two Gold Wings tip over in the deep sand of the parking lot while being ridden.
One of the bikes dumped was my friends. I helped him pick it up and found those motorcycles are really HEAVY.

CoolMom75 01-01-2016 10:55 PM

This is my first look at the new thread and it's already up to three pages! I can tell I am going to fall behind quickly.

Calories are still on holiday mode. I tried but fall off at night. 1790 today, 3000(!!!) yesterday with dinner out and drinks, and 1700 the day before that.

W 162
B egg on toast, coffee with milk
L navy bean soup
D low carb cream of chicken soup. Two bowls!

flower123 01-02-2016 12:14 AM

hi all
Happy new year. I know this will be a year of getting ever closer to our goal!

Trying to figure out how I am going to go to Boston in 7 days. My neck and shoulders are still a mess. Last time this happened it took more than a month to resolve. And dealing with the heavy luggage made things much worse. So I am not going to type much over the next week. Just to see if I can get some significant improvement in the next week.

I feel a bit guilty just giving info about moi. So please forgive me. Friday's weight was 1.6 less than Thursday. But still .8 more than Wednesday before I had the jar of pb2 and 2 apples and...
I have 2.2 lbs to lose in a week.

I hope everyone has a good Saturday !

Edited in: Okay, turns out I decided to write personals.

Noshoes
Welcome. Great to meet you

Novangel I am hoping that you will see faster weight loss with the low carb diet. I know you worked so hard before to lose those lbs. Yes, Martinis ARE a food group. Have you ever tried Kal powdered stevia instead of sugar? It took my tastebuds a while you adjust to it. But I am totally okay with it now. Responding to your most recent post, I think its normal to have withdrawal when on the atkins diet. I also think that the cravings for carbs stops after a while. Especially if you are getting enough fats.

Nicholsfamily I am sorry the pizza didnt taste good. But happy for you that it was not a problem due to bad taste

Larry If I had a friend like you irl, I would do the atkins diet with him for sure. I hope your friends do well on Atkins. Your bike trip sounds great. Glad you had a good time. BTW the high here on monday is expected to be 11 degrees. So it was nice reading temps were in the 80s in FLA

Diana, great way to look at your weight. Its a win. You are still down slightly over what you were last year. I do not think all those 12 lbs are true gain. I bet some of it will come off quickly as soon as you get back on your normal eating routine. btw, glad apples saved the day !!! Hope unpacking and cleaning up is not too much of a pain in the butt

Kelijpa Sounds like you are intent upon starting off the new year right. I know you can continue with it. !!!

Treasa huge congratulations on being more than 30 lbs lighter than you were last year. That's great. aka you rock !!!

Watercolor :wave:

Sundove :wave:

Goodyfay
Oh noooo re: your tablet. I am sorry it got broken. I hope you can get it fixed very soon. I am so glad you got to enjoy so many good things new years eve. And I hope the cake you eat will be delicious. You can make mine carrot cake :D

pnkrckpixikat good to meet you. I do the low cal low carb too. Would you mind if I just called you pnkrck? or maybe pixikat? Those will be easy to remember :D

Midnight I am sorry DH was not feeling well. I hope he is better very soon. Did Chinese day include food? I was raised on Chinese food. Mother did not like to cook. Seriously. I remember the wife of the owner of the chinese resturaunt having a talk with me when I gained too much weight. I think she felt like me mother :D

Fatlady great that you were able to notice that you didnt like what you were eating. I am afraid i would just have noticed sugar and been quite happy regardless of other factors

Penny its great that you were able to control those cravings. WTG!!

RetroRabbit your menu sounds delicious. Especially eggplant and bread. and hummus.

CoolMom I know that when you are ready you will get right back on that diet wagon. Its all timing. :hug:

flower123 01-02-2016 01:45 AM

food on friday
B: 4 oz chicken breast with cucumber and celery 135
L: Chicken sausage with cucumber and celery 175
D 5oz chicken breast with cucumber and celery 160
Coffee 100
lemon protein frozen stuff 100
Total for day: 670 carbs around 13 g
I have a lot of inflammation. So I am thinking I am holding on to a couple of lbs that are fluid. Am drinking a lot of water for the inflammation. Diana, do you have any suggestions?

Diana3271 01-02-2016 08:07 AM

Good Morning, Everyone! :wave:

Sending out some :dust: for everyone. Hopefully a bit will fall on me, too. I probably need all the help I can get. :lol:

This morning: Oxycise in the Office

Weigh In: 169.8

Flower I really don't know of anything that will help with the inflammation, except to get rid of the cause. I think the shakes I drink cause a bit of problem for me, too. :dunno: When at home, I use turmeric daily. It's suppose to help. If you get a chance look into chamomile tea and thyroid (nothing to do with inflammation). I was reading up on this before I left. I know we all have different sources where we search for info, so I would like to see your thoughts.

CoolMom Hang in there and good luck working your way back to lower calorie mode. Today is day one for me. :dizzy: When will you find out about your bike trip? I may have missed the update.

Larry Great job! The ride sounds fun.

Retrorabbit Good job getting your exercise in.

Penny Good job with the calories! :carrot:

Have a great day!

Nicholsfamily1987 01-02-2016 10:50 AM

Personals—
Flower: When you say you have inflammation is it in a certain spot? Or just all over? I hope it gets better for you!

Coolmom: Hopefully you can get it back down here soon! Especially since the last big holiday is over with! I promised myself I wouldn’t screw up for New Years because. I mean it’s just New Years.. I went to a party and lo and behold guess who messed up? ME! Dang Brownies!

Larry: 84 degrees?!! Oh WOW. I’m jealous! It is a whopping 32 degrees right now…I miss the warm temps! Sounds like a good motorcycle ride!

Retrorabbit: It’s crazy how fast time flies! I find that since I’ve had kids I blink and the year is gone. Sounds like a good workout you had!

Penny: I am going to try and back off from sugars because I think it’s causing me to crave junk food more! I can eat a little bitty (snack size) candy bar and end up craving cake and cookies and ice cream by the end of the night.

Diana: I’m sure a lot of it is water weight! And I’m sure once you’re back on track it will go away quickly! It’s so crazy how fast we can put back on weight and how hard it is to lose it!

Kelijpa:Glad you day was good!

ladyfat: Sometimes you got to give into your cravings

Midnight: Hope your DH gets feeling better!

Pnkrckpixikat: Welcome back! And yes life happens!

Treasa: I’m sure them 3 lbs will come off quick once you get back on track!

Weigh in today: 139.6 (However, I weighed in 3 hours later than my usual time)
Exercise: 0 as of right now but hoping to get a walk in and a video
Calories: 360 (as of right now) I ate a big breakfast…Egg Sandwich and Turkey Sausage! And it was delicious!

I think New Year’s eve wrecked more havoc on my diet than Christmas and thanksgiving put together! Ohh these holidays are going to be the death of me! Anyways enough crying. Yesterday was a lot better! And I have a feeling today will be a lot better! But yesterday after I ate a bunch of junk food New Year ’s Eve my stomach hurt and I felt nauseated all day! So I won’t be doing that again for awhile. I felt miserable!

I’m super happy its 2016 though! Why? Because that means that ball season is real close! It’s my favorite sport! My daughter moves up from t-ball to softball and my son has his 2nd year in t-ball! I could not be anymore excited! This year also brings birthday parties..my sister is going to have her first boy in march…basketball and football season for the kiddos and my youngest starts up preschool in March! So we have so much going on and I am looking forward to it. I’m also excited to meet my goal weight this year and be able to maintain it!

Luckily..no more crazy holidays coming up in which we celebrate with food and I can get this show on the road! Hope everyone has a great Saturday!

kelijpa 01-02-2016 10:57 AM

Good morning all!

:wave:

Diana I just got the kitchen cleaned up from DH's soup making adventure :D that after trip laundry is a drag, I managed to do some in the hotel the night DH wasn't feeling up to par, so it wasn't as bad as it could have been. Apple juice works pretty well for me as the apples did for you, I'm sure the whole apple is way better for you!

Flower you can do the 2+ pound loss in a week, sorry about the neck and back pain, for sure the inflammation is aggravating that. DH is pretty convinced gluten was causing him inflammation, he felt relief right away when we went on the juice fast, so he is convinced something he was eating or a combination of them caused it. Can you think of any things that you've been eating that are similar to the last time you had the neck and back pain? Best of luck

CoolMom :wave: this thread is moving fast, for sure :)

Larry that's great you can go on a motorcycle ride this time of year, you get some exercise cleaning the bike now :D

Nichols Hi, I see we posted at the same time, didn't get a chance to read yours yet.

CoolMom you'll get there, you had a lot going on before the holidays and deserve some relaxation.

Ok, my weigh in 179.7, I knew I'd be up coming off the fast, so am happy it was only 2 and not 180, I know I may see it again this week, but that should be it!

B- egg scramble, eggs from our chickens, onion, garlic, mushroom, tomato, a spoon of salsa and one oz. of cheddar
L- planning pizza
D- salad
E- plan yoga and something else, maybe the exercise bike, it's pretty cold out

Hope everyone has a great day :sunny:

Hi to everyone I missed in the personals :wave:

flower123 01-02-2016 01:21 PM

Hi all
Read Everyone's words. But want to save stress on the neck. So I I'll be brief

Weigh in this morning was back down to where it was on Wednesday before the splurge. 1.4 lbs to lose before Saturday. I think I can do it. Depends on what this body does. I am almost positive I Can stay on plan. So just have to see what the body is willing to do. I wish I could do the trampoline. But the chiropractor advised against it until the neck is better. Too cold to walk outside. Not looking forward to Monday. Predicted high for the day: 11. Wish that was Celsius

Hope everyone has a great Saturday

CoolMom75 01-02-2016 02:30 PM

mornin'

W 161
B egg and stuff on toast, coffee with milk
L navy bean soup
D low carb cream of chicken soup

That should end up at 1300 cals. The cravings are strong! I at 9 and I'm already thinking about food at 11.

Diana, good luck getting back into your routine! The bike thing will be open for registration in February, if it's not sold out to club members. I won't be too disappointed. :lol:

Flower, sorry the neck and back is still bothering you. You are doing well keeping the weight in check, despite it.

Kelijpa, good job starting the c25k again with dh. It definitely makes it easier to have him on board.

Nichol, we got this! Sorry the new years eating was crazy, but I understand. I was almost bingey. :o

Goodyfay, I am in the Portland area. Laughing at your 12 billion calorie comment. I felt like I ate a ton too. The alcolhol will be especially missed but it's time to get back on track. I am starting to see a noticeable difference in the mirror. wah!

Larry, the trip sounds nice. Today I will have 83g carbs and my app no longer shows the fiber. hmmm.