Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2003, 08:40 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 160/158/125

Height: 5'4"

Wink Stay At Home Moms #79

Welcome to a thread full of laughter and support as we fight the battle of weight loss. Feel free to jump right in and join us. All new commers welcome and oregular posters too !
Old 08-11-2003, 02:26 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good afternoon all!
Thanks Misty for starting a new thread. That other one was really long!
Jackie I'm so happy to hear from you! I hope you are enjoying your vacation, can't wait to hear all about it.
I'm doing good today. I'm actually pampering myself to a much needed pedicure while all the kids are napping. My poor feet really need the attention, lol.
Well i don't have much else to say so I'm off here until later. I hope everyone is having a great OP day!!
Old 08-11-2003, 02:45 PM   #3  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

HI Everyone! I dont have a whole lot of time right now.. but I thought I would pop in and tell you all I am down 4.5 pounds this week!

WOO HOO!!

Hope all are doing well! I promise to post more later!
Old 08-11-2003, 02:57 PM   #4  

Karen that is so awesome!! You must really be sticking to the plan!! What are some of your favorite LC snacks? I think you are going to do great and get to your goal weight before you know it!
Old 08-11-2003, 05:05 PM   #5  
hangin' in there...

Spryng, glad you are doing well on the new diet.... can't wait to hear all about it. Your pedicure sounds wonderful. Good for you for taking some time for yourself. I recently started paying attention to my own feet, as well..... dh has admitted that he thinks my painted toenails are sexy, so I try to keep up with them.

Karen, a big Woooooooooo Hooooo to you!!!! Congrats on the weight loss. Keep it up, girl!

Jackie, I saw your little post on the other thread. Hope you are enjoying a wonderfully relaxing vacation. Can't wait to hear the details when you get back.

Lane, I think I missed your arrival.... must have been while I was on my own vacation. Let me apologize for the delay in welcoming you! I did a "modified" Sugar Busters diet last year and lost 35lbs. I say modified because artificial sweetners give me migraines, so I could not cut out sugar entirely. But, I cut way back and really followed the diet's philosophy of eating whole grains, etc. I got a wonderful SB cookbook and used a lot of the recipes, using only small amounts of sugar in place of the sugar substitutes. I only gained back all the weight because I just totally quit dieting and exercising altogether. But I am back on track right now, and am basically following the same plan.

Ginny, where are you? Must be busy busy busy.....

Mel, hang in there.... your pregnancy will be over before you know it.

And thinking of you, too, Michele, and your soon-to-be-born little one!

Hope I didn't forget anyone. If so, please forgive me and chalk it up to lack of sleep since I worked last night. I had a fun weekend. We ended up cancelling Six Flags on Saturday, due to weather concerns. Our friends came for a visit, instead, and it turned into an overnite and we had lots of fun! My eating was pretty ok, considering there is always lots of food out at this sort of thing. But I stayed away from the BBQ stuff and ate only chicken sausage from the grill, as well as plain, fresh corn. I made a coffe cake Sunday morning for everyone, but am proud to say I did not have even a tiny taste, and made myself and egg-white sandwich instead. Now, if I could just kick my butt in gear and get exercising. I know I will drop some weight by eating better, but I also know it will come off quicker if I am exercising. So, I gotta find it within myself to get it together and just do it.

OK, I better run and figure out something for dinner. I have a house full of food, but need to do some planning so I can make some good choices. Hope everyone is well! Talk soon..........
Old 08-11-2003, 10:49 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 160/158/125

Height: 5'4"

still fighting the sickness. i'm reading some tho. i'll post more soon as i feel a bit better...
Old 08-12-2003, 10:09 AM   #7  

ok, here is my WI for today!!! I lost 5 lbs!! I was 177 and now am 172!! OK, I guess I will tell you all that I am and have been on Atkins for the past 4 days now. I know most of you know that I have been on and off this diet for a couple of years now and it seems that when I talk about it I sabatoge it. but not this time. I am feeling really really good and the weight is coming off well. So there it is... oh and I'm changing my WI's to saturday's because that's the day I started and it will be more accurate.
Well Misty I hope you get to feeling better soon. Talk to you all later!
Old 08-12-2003, 10:21 AM   #8  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!
Thanks Michele for starting the new thread, the other one was getting so long.
We did get to the water park yesterday and had a much needed great time. New place for us- and although the weather was shaky- it turned out to be great. Ok, so it rained a bit, but we did not go to a water park to stay dry! The place was really nice- seemed well managed - lots of life guards and all the kids had a great time. (Pfew, a major accomplishment!) Even the big kid (dh) had fun. The day ended at 3:30 when a major storm came thru and the threat of lightning. It would have been nice to stay another hour or so.

Michele- gosh, I hope that you feel better soon!

Karen- congrats on that awesome 4.5#!!!!! I'm so happy for you.
How are you feeling (you can feel a 5# loss....)

Jackie- glad to hear from you!!!! Had to steal Dh's laptop, eh? I hope that you can check in again soon!

Spryng- how nice that you got some pamering in- a nice break for you. I am curious to hear about your new weight loss plan.....good luck!!!!

Lane- I'm glad that you caught up with us again! Some here (myself included) are real blabberpusses.....the support here is so good and the friends so nice. Check in when you feel like it, at whatever frequency you feel comfortable.

Jen- hope that you got a work out in. Sorry that your trip to Six Flags was cancelled, which one were you going to? I hear ya with meal planning- we always eat better when we do.

Speaking of that, I had better get myself in gear and figure out dinner. Have a great day!
Ginny
Old 08-12-2003, 10:23 AM   #9  
burned out bus driver

Spryng- you beat me in here this morning! Congrats on the Awesome weight loss- 5#! Looks like you have some Atkins company here too with Karen being on it also. Hope your day is going well (and a 5# loss is a good way to start)
Ginny
Old 08-12-2003, 11:48 AM   #10  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Good morning everyone!

Ginny - I feel great! Infact, I have more energy that I have had in a long time! Most of my soreness from the surgery is gone and I called the doctors office and got the approval to beable to do some strength training again! I still dont have the post -op until the 22 so I dont know what we are doing next.. but I am bound and determined to stay off the Depo Lupron if I can possibly help it. Hormones and I... well, they give me headaches and mood swings. BUt I can feel the 5 pound loss! My jeans are not quiet so snug! I think in another 5 I will be really feeling the difference in my clothes. My short term goal is to lose 20, but when I lose 31, I am back down to my lowest weight when I was on WW and lost that 56... and that will be down to virging fat territory!

Spryng - WOO HOO! Good job! I wont let you sabatoge your self this time... YOu have a buddy to work with!

Mel - Hang in there! I am praying for you and baby that you will be holding her soon!

Misty - I hope you start to feel a bit better soon! Hang in there too!

Jen - How did the food planning go?

Well, I am going to run. Today I need to run and get DD's Daisy Uniform. Did I tell you all I am going to be her leader this year? I am really looking forward to it!

Hugs too all!
Old 08-12-2003, 02:11 PM   #11  
soontobethin

Hello everyone
I can't belive how many posts have been done. I leave for a day and come back and there is two or three pages! Karen and Spryng, good luck on the Atkins. Sounds like you are both doing well.
I lost another 2 lbs this week. hopefully by the end of Sept, I will be able to buy a new smaller pair of jeans. My MIL is coming in tomorrow, so I have been cleaning my house. Don't know what good it will do though, no matter how clean it is, she will come clean it more. I was also suppossed to host my moms club playgroup this week, but seems like everyone has cancelled. Oh well. I will talk to you all later. I am starting to remember peoples names on here, so eventually I will be able to say hi to each of you. In the meantime, to everyone I missed and keep up the good work.
Ricci
Old 08-12-2003, 04:07 PM   #12  
hangin' in there...

I have to keep this short, since I have cleaning to do before the in-laws come for dinner tonight (I feel your pain, Ricci!) We had a good dinner last night.... I had a bag of Trader Joe's chicken fried rice in the freezer, so I coupled that with a healthy beef stir-fry loaded with veggies, and we had a mini chinese dinner. Tonight we'll just have pizza because my in-law's truly do not appreciate my cooking. They are very "bland" eaters. They are coming to visit ds for his birthday, so they are more interested in visiting than eating, anyway. I have promised myself I will only allow myself one slice of pizza, and I am not having any cake (they are bringing a grocery store-bought one.... yuck!) and will just have a bit of my low-fat homemade ice cream. I definitely feel more in control if I can think about and plan out my eating ahead of time.

Ginny, glad you had fun at the water park. We were heading to Six Flags New England, which is less than 90 minutes from us. We are trying to plan for another trip before the kids go back to school.... preferably a week day if I can get dh to take a day off work.

Spryng, congrats on your weight loss! That is awesome! Keep it up!!!

Michele, sorry you don't feel well. Morning Sickness was the worst part of all my pregnancies, and it was never limited to just mornings. Hang in there, sweetie.

Hope all is well with everyone else. Gotta run! Talk soon........
Old 08-12-2003, 04:08 PM   #13  
hangin' in there...

Karen, I did not mean to leave you out... shame on me!! I'm glad you are feeling well..
Old 08-12-2003, 06:27 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

Hi all, It's sounds like everyone is doing great OP except me. I have totally lost all desire to weigh or measure anything. I think I'm going to stick to my exercise goals for the month and just eat moderately trying not to gain in Aug. With any luck I'll get perked up again in Sept. Who knows maybe the change in eating will boost my metabolism even. That'd be great. .......Karen, So glad you're feeling better and can get back to your strength training soon. I'm my son's cub scout leader and I love it. I've done so many things with him, because he needs to do them to get to the next level that I would not have done had I not been so involved. WTG on the weight loss......Spryng, It sounds like you're doing great too. YGG!........You too Ricci, nice job in the losing dept.....For the mommies to be. You and your babies remain in my prayers.......Ginny, It sounds like you had a great day at the water park. Any outing that pleases the whole family including the hubby has to be considered a huge success. Are your children having a good time at VBS? We had a big day at church Sun. A group of us removed our lighted sign, the hand rails, a chair lift, and cut down a huge pine tree in readiness for the elevator we are putting in. All this work on my Bday no less, but I loved it. We had pot luck after and then me and dh went to see Pirates of the Carribean and out for ice cream......Jen, you sound like a busy gal. I love reading your posts.....Take care all.

9 W / 11 B / 2.5 vids

Kristi
Old 08-12-2003, 08:57 PM   #15  
hangin' in there...

The purpose of this post is to confess, and maybe even make Kristi feel better........ I ate 2 1/2 pieces of pizza, a sliver of cake plus ice cream, and even a beer at dinner tonight. I would like to blame it on dh, who was in a bad mood and very snippy with me. But, I know it is my own fault and weakness. I am very down right now. I am at my heaviest ever, and I just can't seem to get it going. I know........ blah blah blah, whine whine whine.

Well, gotta get the kids to bed, and then meet dh on the couch for tonight's installment of "Shark Week." Tomorrow is a new day.... I hope I wake with inspiration and willpower.

G'nite.
Closed Thread