Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-07-2015, 08:59 PM   #16  
Kkim72

S/C/G: 220/220/150

Height: 5'9

Default Communication

Hi Want2SmileAgain! If you are still wanting to try to help each other lose weight, let me know. We can come up with a game plan and maybe checkin with each other every few days? Not sure if there is a thing like that already on here? I had a great day, good breakfast, good lunch, then my dinner plans were crushed by Dairy Queen chicken fingers :-(

I haven't worked out in a while either. I've had a cold and flu so I've just been sleeping a lot! Not good at all!
Kkim72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 09:36 PM   #17  
Attentionlife

S/C/G: 197/183/150

Height: 5ft6inches

you need to take day by day!
Attentionlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 01:02 PM   #18  
Want2SmileAgain

S/C/G: 179/177.5/129

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kkim72 View Post
Hi Want2SmileAgain! If you are still wanting to try to help each other lose weight, let me know. We can come up with a game plan and maybe checkin with each other every few days? Not sure if there is a thing like that already on here? I had a great day, good breakfast, good lunch, then my dinner plans were crushed by Dairy Queen chicken fingers :-(

I haven't worked out in a while either. I've had a cold and flu so I've just been sleeping a lot! Not good at all!
Hi friend, YES I want to work together. We seem to have very similar patterns. I did great for a few days and then caved one night on a few things I don't even particularly like! (Those orange cheese filled crackers, for example) I would like to figure out a way we can private message. Do you know how that works? I'd love to be able to touch base and maybe we can set some short term challenges for each other to try? For example, it is Sunday afternoon. Let's try to get one hour of exercise by Monday night. And let's both report at least ONE food item we were tempted to eat that we declined eating and instead either chugged 16 ounces of water (to feel full in the moment and get some water in) or selected something else that is healthier. U up for it?

Last edited by Want2SmileAgain; 09-13-2015 at 01:04 PM.
Want2SmileAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 12:55 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 292/279/140

I can understand how you feel about self-hatred. I let myself go for about 4 years and I finally made the step to get my body back. I hate myself deep down for letting myself get like this but Im also proud of myself for taking a step in the right direction. Dont ever say Never or Cant. YOU can do this!
BrittGetsFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 01:37 PM   #20  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kkim72 View Post
That sounds great! I really need help getting motivated!!! I need motivation in every way...especially exercise. Besides work all I do is sit in my chair and watch TV (just being honest).

It would be great to have someone else to check in with and to help me stick with it. Sounds Outstanding!
I check in on a few different threads. I have found that 3FC over the years has been my backbone to weighloss. I also use myfitnesspal to track my calories and other nutrients. I do log my food from time to time on the low carb thread that I'm on it does help to get that virtual pat on the back saying I did well today. I am also a daily weigher so I log my weight along with other things on a thread that I start each month. There are plenty here as you know. You can even continue your accountability tracking here and others will definitely join Glad you're here
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 01:45 PM   #21  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Want2SmileAgain View Post
Kkim72, I'd LOVE to have a partner on here!!!! I'm new to this site so I don't know how to connect but YES!!!!! Let's get back to feeling like we live in bodies that we remember and help each other along the way !

Glad to have you here on the forums Like I just said to Kim, search the threads and find all of the ones that you like, check in, meet people, the support here is like none other. I have left and come back many times. I love the accountability and just recently I was able to search through and find some old menus of mine on 3FC and myfitnesspal. So you'll always have references to go back to. I decided yesterday to revisit the Dukan Diet and to get on my treadmill again. I had a great weigh in this morning and like someone else said just one day at a time. That's all I can do. I hope to have a great week but that doesn't always happen, but I'll have to pick myself up with some 3FC encouragement and start all over. You can do it and we can all do it together.
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 02:46 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 229/172/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi Want2SmileAgain,

I was on the same boat as you! Back in 2013, I was 80 lbs overweight and my friend called me 'fat' several times... (she too is overweight though not too fat). That gave me the motivation to do some exercise - I started thinking I wouldn't stand anymore 2 months of rigorous exercising, but fortunately, the good gym (Gold's) I joined offered interesting programs - like Pilates, Body Pump, etc and I did that along with compulsory walking each day 6 times a week. AND I was on diet pill (Phentermine) which in my opinion, definitely revved up my metabolism to the point I lost, every single month, 8 lbs each month. Like this, I lasted in the gym for 4 months. Once I hit 34 lbs, I no longer looked terribly obese, and I fell back into lethargy and I stopped... until now..

Recently, my husband who has always been 50 lbs and 2 inches smaller than me, lost close to another 20 lbs. Now he is 70 lbs lighter than me and 2 inches shorter too! When we went on vacation recently, I looked little too enormous for him in all our pictures... My husband has been plainly addressing this and also kinda yelling at me, "What is my problem I cannot even manage to WALK every single day, when I am home and not even working?". I hear him and what he is saying is right. So this is motivational factor #1.

And then my admiration for a very famous movie star (Aishwarya Rai Bacchan). She seemingly gained 40 - 50 lbs few years ago from pregnancy, but she has now lost it all and is slim as ever. Everyday I log into the internet and admire a few recent pics of hers! She is my motivator, I keep telling myself, well, if weight loss is hard, atleast it is still fair, it has got to be tough for everyone the same way, if she can do it, I can too... Afterall, it would have hurt her as much... So this is my major motivator factor #2!.

Last edited by BigNomore71; 09-25-2015 at 02:59 PM.
BigNomore71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 09:04 PM   #23  
Want2SmileAgain

S/C/G: 179/177.5/129

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigNomore71 View Post
Hi Want2SmileAgain,

I was on the same boat as you! Back in 2013, I was 80 lbs overweight and my friend called me 'fat' several times... (she too is overweight though not too fat). That gave me the motivation to do some exercise - I started thinking I wouldn't stand anymore 2 months of rigorous exercising, but fortunately, the good gym (Gold's) I joined offered interesting programs - like Pilates, Body Pump, etc and I did that along with compulsory walking each day 6 times a week. AND I was on diet pill (Phentermine) which in my opinion, definitely revved up my metabolism to the point I lost, every single month, 8 lbs each month. Like this, I lasted in the gym for 4 months. Once I hit 34 lbs, I no longer looked terribly obese, and I fell back into lethargy and I stopped... until now..

Recently, my husband who has always been 50 lbs and 2 inches smaller than me, lost close to another 20 lbs. Now he is 70 lbs lighter than me and 2 inches shorter too! When we went on vacation recently, I looked little too enormous for him in all our pictures... My husband has been plainly addressing this and also kinda yelling at me, "What is my problem I cannot even manage to WALK every single day, when I am home and not even working?". I hear him and what he is saying is right. So this is motivational factor #1.

And then my admiration for a very famous movie star (Aishwarya Rai Bacchan). She seemingly gained 40 - 50 lbs few years ago from pregnancy, but she has now lost it all and is slim as ever. Everyday I log into the internet and admire a few recent pics of hers! She is my motivator, I keep telling myself, well, if weight loss is hard, atleast it is still fair, it has got to be tough for everyone the same way, if she can do it, I can too... Afterall, it would have hurt her as much... So this is my major motivator factor #2!.
Thank you SO much for the motivation!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Want2SmileAgain is offline   Reply With Quote