Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-25-2015, 09:08 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 214/160/140

Height: 5'4

Default Weight Loss = MORE Cellulite??

Anybody else have this problem? I've been researching on the internet and apparently a small percentage of women have this problem. Unfortunately for me, I'm one of them. One article I read said, "More research is needed on this topic."

Yes, my butt looks smaller in my yoga pants, but I can see dimples where I couldn't before! What the heck is that???!!! It's only been the last five pounds or so but every day I feel like it's a little more noticeable.

Anybody else? Please tell me it's a phase and that as the weight keeps coming off some of these places will smooth out. I'm not looking to be Miss America, I just want not to be embarrassed in a pair of yoga pants.
Treasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 08:51 AM   #2  
Restart Date: 1/01/2020

S/C/G: 246.2/TICKER/140

Height: 5'4"

I've noticed the same thing when I've lost weight before. Weight train, weight train, weight train. And moisturizer. It makes a huge difference. Good luck!
leopardspots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 03:53 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 210/210/125

Height: 5'5"

I've had a problem with this since I was a skinny teenager. My understanding of cellulite is that we all have fat cells under our skin but the reason we don't look like we're made of bubble wrap is that a sort of netting goes over the fat cells mashing them smooth. We also have the thickness of our skin to smooth it out and I have thin skin, hence the life long problem.

Sometimes, through no fault of our own, we get tears in this netting which allows the bubble wrap to show through a little bit -- cellulite!

Losing weight should help because then those fat cells aren't as plump and round.

Another thing that seems to help are those old fashioned exercises that sort of mash the fat cells. Like the one where you sit on the floor and rock from side to side catching yourself with your hands. Easy to do while watching TV.

If nothing works, buy thicker yoga pants and don't worry. Very few women are perfectly smooth all over. Even models have to be air brushed in places.
FluffyFat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 03:11 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 167/re-start:153/ticker/125

Height: 5'4

I notice this too. No matter how good of shape I am in, I still have it. It's genetics, really -- some of us have it worse than others. Basically all you can do is try and get those fat cells to be as small as possible through weight loss. toning up also seems to help to make the cellulite less noticeable but I don't think it ever fully goes away unless you get a medical procedure done to actually remove the fat cells -- like lipo -- otherwise you are shrinking the cells but you can never fully "remove" them.

That said, most women and a lot of men have some cellulite, so don't let it get you down. Consider getting some pants that are a bit thicker -- like for winter running. I find that the leggings/yoga pants that are made mostly from spandex and nylon (instead of the cotton blends) really mask the cellulite well, and help to give me a bit of support around my hips. I get mine at Gap or Athleta, but you can find them all over -- more often then not they are considered 'work-out' legging or pants, or "running tights" -- for whatever reason, yoga pants often have the cotton which is thinner and reveals more cellulite.
seize the day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 11:18 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 212/149/140

Height: 5'7"

Oh, yes. Definitely can relate. I am loving the way I look in clothes these days. I'm rocking the skinny jeans. But out of the skinny jeans is another story. I'm training for a half marathon so I'm (literally) running my butt off these days hoping it will help somewhat, doing a lot of spinning classes too to work on those leg muscles. I know I need to incorporate weight training in there too, but just have not been able to be consistent with it. From everything I read that seems to be the key.

Last edited by Veloria; 09-06-2015 at 11:19 PM.
Veloria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 12:24 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 130/108/104

Height: 5'3

Yep, I feel ya. I had some cellulite since High School. Ponte leggings are your friend as they are a bit thicker.

I have yet to find anything that helps, although some caffeine related scrubs and moisturizers can minimize it a little. It seems there is a wealth of unhelpful information across the web and a bunch of false guarantees. I intend to do some strengthening, pilates, when I get to my goal weight and see if that helps any.
chubbysmall is offline   Reply With Quote