Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-02-2015, 03:29 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Height: 5'5

Default Regained it all after 10 years maintenance.

I am really disappointed in myself.

I have no reason besides moving up north (oil patches) and letting myself fall into old habits. Except here, everyone is overweight and by comparison, I was still lower weight.

I get tired walking up stairs. None of my clothes fit. I go months without exercise. Now, I'm back to square one.

Sigh. DON'T GET COMPLACENT.

I'm on day 3 of smartening up.
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 03:30 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Height: 5'5

Yeah that S/C/G is ... not accurate. Well, the S is.
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 03:56 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 248?/173/130

Height: 5'8"

Welcome back. You'll lose it! You'll get loads of support here.

Thanks for sharing your problem. As I get closer to think I think about maintaining the weight loss a lot.

Don't get complacent - good advice.
Stripes 237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 04:05 PM   #4  
Tai

S/C/G: 272/111/Maintaining

Height: 5'4"

Sacha, welcome back. Please don't feel disappointed in yourself, maintaining is very hard!
Tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 05:19 PM   #5  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

You can do it again. Moving and change of life patterns can definitely derail even the strongest of maintainers. You know how to do it. You've done it before and you can do it again.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 09:48 AM   #6  

You can do it, sacha! A change of routine, even a slight one, always seems to derail me, so I cannot imagine what moving would do.
lin43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 09:57 AM   #7  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I also get incredibly frustrated when I gain all my weight back...and I've lost and gained the same 50-70 lbs. more times than I can remember. I used to feel completely defeated about this problem but then I watched a show called my 600 lb life and I realized that even though I was gaining my weight back, at least I wasn't gaining hundreds upon hundreds of pounds. I still get upset but I know that all my effort wasn't for nothing...it was preventing me from being super morbidly obese.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 07:58 PM   #8  
Less of a Better Me

You are not at all back to square one. You have the very great benefit of knowing that you are capable of losing the weight and maintaining that loss over a long period of time. That is all to your benefit. You have done it before, you can do it again and can maintain again.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 08:07 PM   #9  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshka View Post
You are not at all back to square one. You have the very great benefit of knowing that you are capable of losing the weight and maintaining that loss over a long period of time. That is all to your benefit. You have done it before, you can do it again and can maintain again.
This is very true. You have learned it... And it is a forever battle for most of us, but you have not only figured out how to lose the weight but how to maintain it! That is something most of us never figure out - the maintaining part.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 08:48 PM   #10  

S/C/G: HW 233/SW 230/207/165

Height: 5'3"

I've never tried to maintain. I have been up and down on my weight many, many times. Usually I lose then I start eating the things that I shouldn't. I am hoping this time, I can get my brain in gear to stop eating that stuff. I don't work anymore and I think that will help. Being around people that can eat what they want and others that bring in donuts, cookies and cakes makes it hard to stay on track. Now I won't be as tempted.
katiam247 is offline   Reply With Quote