Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-07-2015, 06:26 AM   #1  
keep on truckin' momma

S/C/G: 278/255/170

Height: 5'2

Default I work in a Deli And I need to lose weight

My title pretty much sums it up. I would like to know if there is anyone else out there that works around food and has lost weight?

I'm struggling with this. I work in a grocery store and trying to get out of the deli but it won't be over night. I've spoken to the store manager a couple of times about moving to a new department and he says he will consider me if a position opens up (which could be forever)

But meanwhile I'm stuck. And gaining weight and I desperately need to lose weight.

I bring my lunch almost everyday, if I don't I will eat a salad or sub sandwich. But after work I just get this urge to eat ... I wonder if its because I tell myself 'NO' so much during the day?

Any advice?
misspriss78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 07:46 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 82/70.5/70kg

Height: 165cm

You could pre-pack your snakes... for example I have pre-packed nuts that I nibble on after work to keep my metabolism going while not having anything bad.
dimmers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 10:41 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/145

Height: 5'4

I lost 50 lbs while working for Pizza Hut. I ate there regularly too. I just watched my portions. Anyone who's done restaurant work can tell you that you move ALOT, so that helped.

Now I work in a factory. I sit a lot in my present position. We have donuts every week and quite a few pizza lunches. And still I've lost weight because I haven't had a Fri donut in a year and I go walking on every break.

No matter who you are or what your circumstances, you're going to have obstacles to overcome. You can either make plans to get around them or make excuses.
Streudel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 12:28 AM   #4  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

I understand, you work in a place full of food! But, you work in a place full of food! Choices!

Do you have a break room, with access to a microwave? If so, lots of frozen options. Fresh produce all over the place. You should also have access to healthy protein choices. Do you have access to a break room with a microwave? A big grocery store, should also give you access to a variety of healthier/portion wise frozen meals, as a go to, in a pinch. Does not replace, good whole food.

Since you are in the deli, the food you are preparing, is NOT yours! It belongs to the person who is purchasing it!

Are you maybe getting in a few too many Licks, bites and tastes, through out the day?

We all have our challenges/problems. What it boils down to, it's not about the problem, it's about our problem, with the problem!
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote