Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-03-2015, 04:12 AM   #1  

Default No Motivation

So this is my first time signing up for a group online to support my weight loss, Yeah im new.

So about 2 years ago, i was going through a very rough patch, and the weight just started piling on, without me realising. Im 19 and a size 14, i was a size 12 then went up to a size 16, thats when i realised i needed to lose weight, i have lost the majority of my weight through walking and dieting (and am now a size 14), but i would like to get back to my size 12 again, which is my goal, i dont own a scale so have no idea how much i weigh, i used to weigh about 170.

The last bit of weight that im trying to shred is hard comming off, i have stopped eating chip and chocs, stopped with the 3 teaspoons of sugar that i used to have in my tea. I used to go to the gym but there was a lot of fun being made at me because i couldn't run as i have a bad knee, and some one screaming at you to "Run if you want to get rid of all that fat", is something i dont need, brisk walking and weights is my main thing.

So i just need to know that i can do it, because its becoming hard to keep up with my motivation, which has evaporated into thin air, when the exercises i used to dont seem to shift any weight. Im almost at my goal now, i dont want to give up.
SophieRaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 12:10 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 230/230/199

Height: 5' 10.5"

You can do it. When i cant motivate myself, i basically tell myself, "do you know how many people would love to be in your shoes?"
When I was 19, and 160ish. I was with my dad on the beach and there were these beautiful very skinny girls on the beach. At 160s I'm curvy, but def not fat. I complained to my dad, "I don't understand why I cant look like that."
My dad said, "there's nothing wrong with your body, you are healthy. At your age, I was in a hospital bed fighting for my life and weighed 140 lbs at 6' 5" i would rather have been on this beach."
It shut me up.
My dad had osteosarcoma at 19 and battled it for 2 years.
So when I'm not motivated i think of him and others like him as they would be seizing the opportunities that I complain about.

Everyone's motivated by different things, you just have to find your motivation and hang onto it.
nickilaughs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 03:31 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieRaye View Post
I used to go to the gym but there was a lot of fun being made at me because i couldn't run as i have a bad knee, and some one screaming at you to "Run if you want to get rid of all that fat", is something i dont need, brisk walking and weights is my main thing.
Welcome. How awful to be made fun of at the gym, I've never had an experience like that at a gym before, as far as I know this type of behavior is not even allowed in proper gyms. You could have made a complaint and those people would have been at least reprimanded if not kicked out of the gym altogether. I'm not trying to say the gym is the best place to work out, I'm just saying don't let that hold you back from joining a gym again. That behavior is completely inappropriate and you should report it if it ever happens again.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 08:11 AM   #4  

Thanks for you supportive comment, the guy at the gym was the trainer, if you can call him that, i have joined another gym now, closer to home also, it mainly women who go to this one, so it shouldnt be too bad.

Im trying to get my motivation up better, i have a pair of size 12 skinny that i am hoping i will be able to fit into again, so if i need something to motivate me then ill look at those, and know that i need to get my behind back in shape.

SophieRaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 03:41 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 128/ticker/92

Height: 5'1''

Quote:

Im trying to get my motivation up better, i have a pair of size 12 skinny that i am hoping i will be able to fit into again, so if i need something to motivate me then ill look at those, and know that i need to get my behind back in shape.
I find it quite motivating when I shop for clothes that don't fit or look good on me unless I lose weight. I'd for example treat myself with a gorgeous sleeveless dress that wouldn't look good on me (or even fit me) at all unless I did something about the flabby arms and legs. I find it really satisfying when you eventually fit in the clothes you didn't used to fit in. Also the old clothes really show the difference of how much you lost. I sometimes try on my bigger clothes I used to use, and am always amazed at how much I've managed to achieve.

Also I find losing weight for your special date (e.g. anniversary, birthday) quite motivating.
smoosmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 11:29 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 170/157/132

Quote:
So i just need to know that i can do it, because its becoming hard to keep up with my motivation, which has evaporated into thin air, when the exercises i used to dont seem to shift any weight. Im almost at my goal now, i dont want to give up.
The same to me! Sometimes, walking becomes so boring to me!Yeah, when you do some things repeatedly day by day you will feel bored! So, I download some health applications on my phone. You can download them on Google Play or Apple Store for free. In my case, I use Noom Walk. This application tracks your steps daily and increase the target steps gradually. It will encourage you!

Sorry, I can not post my screen capture here due to lack of 25 posts.
caokycuong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 08:36 AM   #7  

Of course you can do it, but don't turn off your motivation. Motivation is necessary to achieve your desired goals, without dedication you can do nothing. Read books, success stories, think positive, share your goals with family and friends, turn off the negativity. These type of tips never let you down.
tyler337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 05:51 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 195/145/145

Height: 5'11"

On this board we have a saying: You don't need motivation, you need commitment. Making the commitment will get you through those blah days (we all have them) when the last thing you want to do is go to the gym or make healthy food choices. It's like a marriage: the commitment can get you through the patches when you're not feeling the love.

F.
freelancemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 07:04 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 196/195/145

I too have felt the same way. Some days are so difficult that I can't even look in the mirror. I tell myself: "tomorrow, next week, next month..." I'll start when "I'm in a better place..when work isn't so hectic...When the kids go back to school.." But I agree with freelancemomma: commitment is key. We can commit to so many things, but what about ourselves???

I like to stay motivated by reading others' success stories. Its not so much jealousy (well maybe a little!) but its certainly inspiration.
ChocolateLover85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 11:02 PM   #10  

I know how hard it is to stay motivated. I have my favorite jeans hanging on my bedroom door to motivate me and keep me focused on my goal to get back into them. Keep pushing. You can do it!
Reg4502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 11:33 AM   #11  

I have gained a lot of weight since I met my husband. Probably because of his good cooking, lol. When I met him 17 years ago, I weighed 125 pounds at 17 years old. I am now 34 years old and weigh 225 pounds. I am slowly losing a little here and there and although I do have motivation, I really can't do much exercise where I live in a tiny apartment. However, we are moving to a new house we are buying soon and I am going to finally have room for my exercise equipment. I am going to set them up and start working out again.

You can do it too! Let's be friends and try this weight loss thing together!
cwilson72180 is offline   Reply With Quote