Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-14-2015, 08:32 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/130

Height: 5'2

Default Going to the bathroom and weight loss?

Hi everyone,

Sorry if this is TMI, but have any of you noticed that you go to the bathroom less when dieting?

I feel like I have so much more fiber in my diet and whole grains that this shouldn't be a problem but it is =(

I get so much bloating too, and can never really seem to go regularly and my weight has been stalling so much more. Not sure if this is a problem and maybe I should look into supplements or if I should just wait it out. Just wanted to see if anyone else has/had experienced this!

Thank you!
hhm6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 08:56 PM   #2  

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5'5"

I have noticed i don't go as much either but I'm not eating as much. A doctor told me once that you wont poop if you're not eating, so it all depends on your diet.
texasma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 09:01 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasma View Post
I have noticed i don't go as much either but I'm not eating as much. A doctor told me once that you wont poop if you're not eating, so it all depends on your diet.
Is it something to get used to when dieting? I'm definitely eating though, just better foods and keeping it around 1500 not restricting carbs and doing all protein or anything. If anything I reduced carbs and added a ton of veggies.

I might try a Metamucil to see if it helps, it's becoming really uncomfortable.
Old 02-14-2015, 09:12 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 432/180/200

Height: 5'11

Since i take magnesium citrate i have no trouble going which is normally a 8 hour window when taken. Fluid was a LOT more during the beginning of my WOE but while less now i go still quite a bit.
TheSatinPumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 09:38 PM   #5  

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5'5"

If its uncomfortable, you can definitely add in a supplement. A couple of fiber capsules every day should do the trick.
texasma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 02:50 PM   #6  
Green Tomatoes

Height: 5'9"

Drinking more water helped me. Keeps everything softer and slipperier, I guess.
gardenerjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 03:22 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 213/157/153

Height: 5 ft. four inches

Flax meal or flax seeds can help also. I eat two tablespoons a day.
Valkyrie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 03:35 PM   #8  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Without enough liquids, extra fiber can cause constipation, so whenever you increase fiber, you should also increase your intake of water and other liquids.

Fruits often seem to help more than veggies (pears help almost too well for me).
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 09:42 PM   #9  

I had problems when I was trying omit all fat from my diet. I'd aim for no fat, which left me eating mostly veggies and fruits. I had a lot of issues and digestive problems that would keep me up at night, so after some research I found that causes for constipation included too much iron, too much calcium/dairy, not enough water, not enough fat, or medications. I pretty much went through via process of elimination and increased my water and introduced some olive oils or coconut oils into my diet. Also TMI, but I'm pretty regular these days.

If all else fails, drink a large glass of water with some prune juice/pulp/fruit.
BlackBoxed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 10:21 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 195/145/145

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhm6 View Post
Hi everyone,

Sorry if this is TMI, but have any of you noticed that you go to the bathroom less when dieting?

Definitely. The less I eat, the less I go to the bathroom (for #2). When maintaining I go 6-7 times a week and when dieting maybe 2-3 times a week. Similarly, if I'm in an overeating phase I may go twice a day.

F.
freelancemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 12:29 PM   #11  

Thanks for the replies everyone!

I actually drink a lot of water, I refill my contigo water bottle around 3-4x a day and it's 24 oz. I pee a lot but never #2, but I actually went and bought Metamucil and finally got some relief!

I also felt so much thinner today and I weighed less!! I will definitely try drinking more water and see if it helps.

Thanks for the responses, appreciate it!
Old 02-16-2015, 12:37 PM   #12  

Thanks for the replies everyone!

I actually drink a lot of water, I refill my contigo water bottle around 3-4x a day and it's 24 oz. I pee a lot but never #2, but I actually went and bought Metamucil and finally got some relief!

I also felt so much thinner today and I weighed less!! I will definitely try drinking more water and see if it helps.

Thanks for the responses, appreciate it!
Old 02-16-2015, 05:08 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

I find that probiotics help a lot with bloating.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 05:22 PM   #14  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

I actually found that whole grains, specifically steel cut oats were causing me to bloat. So I cut them, which is a shame because I loved them.

I am so much less gassy now though that it is probably worth it. Especially when it comes to running and working out.

For a probiotic I eat kimchi every day.

Last edited by IanG; 02-16-2015 at 05:24 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 05:54 PM   #15  
Queen of Conundrums

S/C/G: 165/150/117

Height: 5'4"

If you drastically increase your fibre intake it takes your body some time to adjust- even if you are drinking more fluids to match.

What I find to be the best relief for mild constipation is increasing my daily intake of "good" fats (although any extra fat may help, some fats (monounsaturated fats for example) are better than trans-fats (those mutated by us human folk)) to be a great way to grease the pipes.

Another good way to get things moving along without adding in supplements would be some moderate but gentle exercise. A good walk at a quick pace may also help to stimulate your digestive track into motion (beware hard core workouts unless you are near a washroom... or some bushes. )
Halloween_Hellion is offline   Reply With Quote