General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 01-03-2015, 01:56 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 170/165/145

Height: 5'7

Default Procrastinator Thread

So, most of us are guilty about putting off exercise or dieting alone...or probably wouldn't be here for support. So perhaps it is time to admit our biggest "excuses" to procrastinate starting the diet...or working out.

I have many...

Mornings- I refused to get up earlier than I have to, and it takes me an extra 20-30 minutes just to move through the shower process....

After Work: FACEBOOK- Terrible, terrible, terrible...I come home, snack, and read Facebook updates and articles posted by people. Before you know it I have wasted an hour or more.... could have worked out....If I am really lazy I will even clean as an excuse!

Evening-Hubby is home by 5ish, we used to work out together around that time...Summers we have been legitimately busy with outside backyard construction and some other projects. Admittedly, we are both guilty of indulging in a cold keg beer after a long day. Having a pool and kegerator make excuses sooo much easier to blow off a workout and relax. Now that winter is here, and post holidays...back to 0 excuses.

Shift Work- Noons shift sucks. If I don't set my alarm I won't get up early enough. Also, I "HAVE" to have my pot of coffee (more like 4 mugs) of coffee before I do anything in the morning. So I drink coffee, waste time on the evil Facebook again...among other internet surfing/shopping. Coming home at 8, and my hubby and I are either having supper or too lazy to start exercising late. MIDS- able to work out after sleeping, but often I feel like a zombie the first 2 weeks of the shift.

Random: After outing my biggest obstacles...admittedly I have wasted hours and hours of time where I could have squeezed in a Shaun T25, or perhaps 20 minutes of elliptical...where as I find myself saying "It's not worth getting sweaty and having to shower for that little time" or "I don't have enough time before I have to do this..."

And finally, the INFAMOUS- "I'll do it later"
hahaha......

I only have myself to blame for my regain of 15 lbs over the last 2 years. I do love to be lazy sometimes, and I love to eat....and a few icy cold beers really do hit the spot....calories add up...I will be 30 in less than 2 months. In the last 10 years I have gone from being 195 lbs (my max) when I was 19 years old, down to 145, back to 160, down to 145, back to 160 again, down to 145, and back to 160 AGAIN now at 29.

Rollercoaster! And it has all been my own fault. I wish I was one of those motivated super star fitness people. But I'm not, and I am a procrastinator by nature and I admit it.

What are your excuses to procrastinate?
JudgeDread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 06:27 PM   #2  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeMyFeet View Post
I hope you're not expecting a quick answer to your question.

haha!
Old 01-03-2015, 06:39 PM   #3  

I agree facebook is the root of all evil!!! On so many levels that I'm not going to discuss in this thread. I am on it and enjoy it, but do not deny that along with the positive part of being able to share photos with close friends and family there is so much more to it that I believe is changing the way we "socialize" and not for the better.

I am not here because of procrastination though. I never procrastinated on "starting my diet". I've been fighting my weight since a teen. I was obese as a child due to poor foods at home and lack of exercise. When I was a teen I didn't want to be fat anymore. So I spent the next 10 years or so dieting, i.e. starving myself, obsessively exercising and counting calories. I had no issue getting myself to the gym daily (though I must say the internet, while in existence wasn't a normal part of life then like it is now, and I think the world was better for it)...But after weeks or months of this, I would crash and burn, binge endlessly, for weeks at a time, gaining back much of the weight at break neck speed.

I started here after my 1st son was born, and through each weight loss after my babies, healed a little bit more, and worked through (and still am at times) my issues with eating and not eating. I got into running and moved towards clean eating, rather than dieting, so I do feed my self nutritiously. And running is still something I do, though its much slower now that I'm pregnant.

I now follow clean eating about 90% of the time, so what I eat is good, but I still have issues with portion control. Its at its worst while pregnant so I still gain a lot of weight. Sometimes I justify that since what I'm eating is healthy, its ok to eat more if I want it...

No procrastination though, because I like how I feel at 150 lbs, not 200lbs. So its pretty easy to get to it.

Last edited by GlamourGirl827; 01-03-2015 at 06:40 PM.
GlamourGirl827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 07:04 PM   #4  

I hear you on the portion control. I can easily out eat my husband if I do not pre-portion a meal. I wish I liked raw veggies and I could just binge on those all day and it would be more filling and less guilt! blah!
Old 01-03-2015, 07:54 PM   #5  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

I'm a procrastinator too. I got up for the day at 5:00 a.m. and I didnt work out until 3:30 this afternoon, I need to work on sticking to my work outs and not procrastinate
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 02:00 PM   #6  

Hmm so far after work I have been doing good by not going on facebook after work.......I am actually getting a lot more done than just exercising! Hope I can keep this up......
Old 01-07-2015, 02:10 PM   #7  
Jiggle, BE GONE WITH YOU!

S/C/G: 256/185/170

Height: 5'6

Time. Always time.
I like to sleep, so there is no way I'm getting up to be at the gym at 4am. Plus, I like MY shower and MY soap and haircare products. So, workout before work? Nope.
Get up, go to work, come home, make dinner....and I'm tired. I want to sit and watch tv. Or surf the net, or read a book or hang out. My biggest excuse? "It's too late". Because if I'm not in bed by 10pm (I don't sleep, I play on my iPad), I feel weird. So, go to the gym at 8, work out, home by 9, shower, pack lunches, love on the kid.....MAYBE i'll be in bed by 10:30?! UNACCEPTABLE!

But somehow, my husband and I make it work. We try to motivate each other. Sure, there are days when we don't want to go. Tonight, for example. It's 18 degrees, snowing and just blah outside. We'll go home, eat dinner and will we feel like braving the cold and then the new rude gym members tonight? We'll see.....(I vote yes)
dietcokehead98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 03:26 PM   #8  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

Hear ya. I lost a month of swim practice to December because, well, December has a riot of stuff going on. Now I'm letting my inner demon talk me out of going because it's going to suck for a few weeks because I got out of condition, be hard, be cold, yadayadayada. Tonight is a new opportunity to get it right.
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 03:51 PM   #9  

Yes....!!!!! Computer is a big delayer. I remember cold winters too. I hated it when I lived in MN. Now I am in the SW, cold here is around 21 degrees lol...but I work out in the house, so I have less of an excuse....