I dont know what to do :( - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-10-2014, 06:42 PM   #1  
looser

S/C/G: 185/ticker/150

Height: 5'7

Default I dont know what to do :(

I have been so dedicated since June 1 to lose weight and inches, and to be more fit. Well its still going strong. Still have strong focus and commitment. I have been doing HIIT since June 1. Going on 3rd month. But i just dont want to do this anymore. I want to take a break from HIIT. I can still do 3-4 miles every day but without HIIT. The main reason I am tired of giving 100% every single day. I want to take it easy. Still sweat through my workout but not dripping sweat. Gently sweat. I dont want to go 5mph jog - i want to do 3.5-4pmh walk.

I undertand maybe its time for me to take it easy this month and just listen to my body and slow down but still do it. BUT i am afraid I am getting lazier and it will go downhill from now on.

Any input?
unwanted37lbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 07:25 PM   #2  
First Class Muncher

S/C/G: 240/204/140

Height: 5'7"

You have to like your physical exercise or you won't stay with it for the long run. It can be good to change things up occasionally. Got to have some fun with your exercise.

I have to keep reminding myself that the answer is between all and nothing. Do some walking and enjoy some scenery and try other forms of exercise. Most of us end up with physical limitations at some time in our life. You can always mix it up. You might find that you can have some fun with your exercise and it doesn't have to always be intense.

Last edited by NaughtyNibbler; 08-10-2014 at 07:26 PM.
NaughtyNibbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 07:29 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/130

Height: 5'1.5"

Aww, I hear you! I don't know if my situation is exactly the same, but I'm having at least a similar issue. When I started exercising, I was walking like 2.5 to 3.5 miles at a time at a brisk pace. Then my fitness level just seemed to snowball so that I kept adding intensity, either in terms of milage or speed or hills or sprinting. And then after adding something in or making it longer or whatever, it would feel like it still wasn't enough pretty soon after. But I cannot exercise like 2 hours a day. I've got other commitments.

So, I've been having a particularly hard time this summer since kids are out of school fitting in my 2 hours workouts and I've been doing less of them and shorter ones. I try to make my shorter workouts as intense as possible, though. And then a couple of days this week I did have time for a longer workout and I ended up doing 20 miles over two days and now I've got some pain in my big toes from the overuse, I think. Ugh. But the workout itself felt sooooo good. Like, I just felt like my body was needing that. I had been hoping that having worked out less over last six weeks or so would reel things in so I didn't need as much.

Well, okay, so this isn't what you're talking about at all. lol But I'm frustrated bc I just cannot have everything revolving around exercise! And I do feel you about both needing to do less and fearing getting lazier. I was really afraid that this six weeks would never end and I would just do less and less till I wasn't doing it at all and then it'd be impossible to get back to it.
rubidoux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 08:08 PM   #4  
looser

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubidoux View Post
Aww, I hear you! I don't know if my situation is exactly the same, but I'm having at least a similar issue. When I started exercising, I was walking like 2.5 to 3.5 miles at a time at a brisk pace. Then my fitness level just seemed to snowball so that I kept adding intensity, either in terms of milage or speed or hills or sprinting. And then after adding something in or making it longer or whatever, it would feel like it still wasn't enough pretty soon after.
SAME HERE! in June i was not even being able to run 1 min, Now i can do it for 15 min. Meaning now 15 min is now average for me. But i cant just keep up with it. Exactly what you are saying.

I will try re-evaluate what is normal for me at this point.
Old 08-10-2014, 08:09 PM   #5  
looser

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaughtyNibbler View Post
You have to like your physical exercise or you won't stay with it for the long run. It can be good to change things up occasionally. Got to have some fun with your exercise.
thank you! i will keep reminding myself that. Lately it became a chore. Thank you!