Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-16-2014, 10:57 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 101/ - /58.8 kgs

Height: 1, 58 m

Default Sticking to healthy habits while staying with my parents- Please help!

It has happened many times in the past: i'm loosing weight and mking healthy choices until i go staying at my parents for a week or so.

This friday i'll travel to my parent's and stay there for 10 days. Usually whem i'm there we eat out A LOT and mom buys really delicious bread, cheese, snacks, well... delicious everything! My mom is one of those people who can eat whatever she wants and never gain weight so she is always buying cakes, chocolate and candy which we both love. When she cooks at home, she will use whole grains and put together delicious salads, but because i am a vegetarian, she will bake potatoes and toss tons of cheese over then for me to eat. She knows what vegetarians eat and she knows i'm trying to lose weight. Baked potatoes would be just fine, but the huge amount of cheese is not. Both my mom and dad are skinny (really skinny). Mom has always been that way but Dad was previously obese and since he lost the extra weight he acts annoyngly obsessive about food. He looooooves to talk about what he is doing to maintain or lose even more weight and will skip meals even if we go to a fancy restaurant. He also has a strange pleasure offering me and my mom food and i feel he enjoys it when there's a person eating more than him at a meal. He will also calculate the amount of calories i'm eating just for fun without being asked, just to show that he has calories memorized... Love them a lot, but it is not easy to maintain my healthy habits there. I have a problem with binge eating and carbs and sugary food will often be a trigger. Do you have any tips on how to deal with this situation?

Last edited by Marina Brasil; 07-16-2014 at 11:03 AM.
Marina Brasil is offline   Reply With Quote