Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-05-2014, 01:43 PM   #16  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Solargirl are you saying bacon is a gateway food?
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 05:17 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 231.2/210.7/187

Height: 5ft8

how is the motivation going?
papercut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 09:32 AM   #18  

Height: 6-1.5

Do you consider diet a lifelong commitment?
Do you consider diet a life saving intervention.
Are you at the door of diseases caused by westren eating habits?
Do you feel that cardiovascular disease, diabetes, cancers, are related to food intake?

I do.

My motivation to lose weight has been the five family members who have died early because they made poor dietary choices. I tried them all, and thought that no diet worked, then finally found one that actually worked for me. Every day I get more motivation to stick with this diet and I know that I can never go back to old eating patterns. That would be like an addict going into treatment only to run back to the drugs after getting clear.

One thing I know is that dieting is hard because you have to fight your own brain, and you have to fight an environment where the stuff that made you get sick is all around you.

One really good therapy I have started to do as motivation is watching British diet shows. Favorites are "Fat Doctor," "Secret Eaters," "Supersize Vs. Superskinny." They are available on UTube. Many of us are not at 400 lbs, but some are. The horrors of this disease are not trivial, neither is the social stigma that follows it.

To me, it is not about being beautiful or perfect, it is about looking and feeling healthy and normal, and not dying in a rest home with amputated legs like my brother died last August.

Hope I do not offend, but giving up is giving up on yourself and life. That would be tragic.
giselley is offline   Reply With Quote