Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-26-2014, 11:58 AM   #1  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Default Happy to see my bat wings returning?

Thought of making that a mini goal, but thought it might be odd for anyone else but me to happy about it!

But... bat wings mean that I'm losing weight and defatting my arms which means PROGRESS. I know I will have (and do have) loose skin issues, but I would rather have my bat wings than chub filled fat arms. Oh, and my double chin is getting crepey again. YAY?

berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 11:59 AM   #2  
Melissa

And, I do put on makeup or do my hair (it's up in a bun) for photos for you all. I "keep it real".
Old 06-26-2014, 12:03 PM   #3  
Positive Focus

S/C/G: 225/ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

YAY for progress!!! That is a very positive way to look at it! You look beautiful without makeup, too!
BeachBreeze2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 02:42 PM   #4  
apple to apple core

S/C/G: 275/215/175

Height: 5'7"

congratz !! You look really great!
TooWicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 02:53 PM   #5  
drifting downward!

S/C/G: (HW 194) 175/168/140

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Wow! You look great! Your arms are looking good. Wish mine looked like that!
Desiderata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 03:11 PM   #6  
Captain Prescriptivism

S/C/G: 235/180/135

Height: 5'3"

Just tell people it's your defined arm muscles! Congratulations on the progress!
ImpalaHoarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 03:49 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 337.7/336.8/269

Height: 5'6

You look great! I can't wait to deflate my considerably large arms, how do you feel since starting your journey compared to before? I mean physically & emotionally?
Candidcamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 05:11 PM   #8  
Melissa

Thanks everyone.

@Candidcamster - how do I feel? Good question. I'm still annoyed with myself for putting the bulk of the weight back on. I have a closet full of gorgeous clothes I can't wear for the SECOND summer in a row. By the time I can wear them, they'll be out of style!

My body seems to be behaving normally. I have some injuries still from last year, but I've learned to work around them. Exercise is less of a push this time as last time for now. When I feel I have gotten my weight down a bit more, I'll work on fixing those injuries, if I can.

My arms are probably my yuckiest part. EVERY woman in my family - thin or heavy has bigger upper arms. They'll never be small, but they do look better even with serious bat wings than all puffed up with fat. They'll get wigglier and wigglier, but unless I'm doing aerobics where my arms are out at my side, no one ever really sees that. My lower tummy is also a mess, but NO ONE sees that except my husband. it too is getting more deflated looking which means the stretch marks are more wrinkly.
Old 06-26-2014, 05:53 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 256/251/145

Height: 5'6"

Oh I love your picture! I understand exactly how you feel. I proudly sport a pair of wings myself. Fly girl, fly!!!!
scarletmeshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 08:13 PM   #10  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

berryblondeboys you look great, you're making great progress and have a great attitude!

I do a few exercises sporadically with dumbbells, can't make myself do anything that takes too long, over time I see a little definition, that's enough for me. I'm accepting my wrinkly bits, I'm proud to be in this shape at my age.

kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 08:43 PM   #11  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

A long as you're expecting it, deflation is a huge victory. It is when it catches you by surprise and you can't reconcile the reality of your body to the image you held in your mind that the problems come it (ahem - not that I'm speaking from personal experience or anything ).
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 10:20 PM   #12  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Mama View Post
A long as you're expecting it, deflation is a huge victory. It is when it catches you by surprise and you can't reconcile the reality of your body to the image you held in your mind that the problems come it (ahem - not that I'm speaking from personal experience or anything ).
When I realized I was going to have bat wings a couple years ago, they bugged me. Well, I'm not thrilled about them now either, but seeing them now makes me realize that I'm dropping the weight and getting back to where I was and that is good news!
Old 06-26-2014, 10:22 PM   #13  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarletmeshell View Post
Oh I love your picture! I understand exactly how you feel. I proudly sport a pair of wings myself. Fly girl, fly!!!!
Thanks. They are part of me and will stay, but that's ok. They can look really toned and such on the rest of the arm.... Just not the flabby under part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelijpa View Post
berryblondeboys you look great, you're making great progress and have a great attitude!

I do a few exercises sporadically with dumbbells, can't make myself do anything that takes too long, over time I see a little definition, that's enough for me. I'm accepting my wrinkly bits, I'm proud to be in this shape at my age.

I used to do a lot of strength training and was quite strong.... But the flaps wee still there and always will be. It's ok. The rest of my arm looked pretty nice!
Old 06-26-2014, 10:58 PM   #14  
apple to apple core

S/C/G: 275/215/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarletmeshell View Post
Fly girl, fly!!!!
I'm flyin', too!
TooWicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 01:01 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/130

Height: 5'1.5"

You look gorgeous!

I have bat wings, too, and whatever you call the equivelent on my lower arms. I'm a little bummed bc I've been doing salsa and I think it's pretty obvious when I'm in a closed dance position. Sigh... But, I have actually seen some improvement w using a firming lotion! I thought they were bogus, but then I read some reviews on amazon and decided to go for it and I swear my skin is better in terms of texture and sag. So far (maybe ten days) I've seen a fair amount of improvement on my belly and inner thighs and less on my arms, but it's all a bonus as far as I'm concerned.
rubidoux is offline   Reply With Quote