Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2003, 04:44 PM   #1  

S/C/G: s195/c176/g150

Unhappy nowhere to go but down

Hello there-

I am new to 3fatchicks and thought I would give this forum a try because I am terribly frustrated with the fat surrounding my body!
I am running out of viable options and now have started considering Diet Supplements but I don't know which one to choose or if I should choose not to use them at all. I also wonder if I just have a thyroid condition because I have been overweight all my life. My lowest ever weight was 144 in my sophomore year in high school. That's my goal weight now. I was healthy then.
I have tried everything I can think of to lose weight the natural way, (no crazy grapefruit diets or anything like that) and I only fluxuate at most 5 lbs.

Very Frustrating.

Currently, I am in my 9 weeks at Weight Watchers. As you can see, again I am at the 5lb mark and not moving. I walk 30 minutes on my lunch break 2-3 days a week and 45-60 on Tuesdays and Thursdays after work. I am a pretty fast walker by nature so these walks are intense.
However, only my thighs get thinner, nothing else.

I also eat very healthy. I have always eaten very healthy.
So, I don't know what else I am doing that is wrong.
If there is anyone that has ever been in my situation I would really love to talk with you.

Any Advice would be truly appreciated.

Sorry this post is so long. Once I started writing I just couldn't stop spewing out my frustrations.
Old 07-23-2003, 04:55 PM   #2  
The ever shrinking woman!

Welcome! browse through here, I have found 4-5 different threads I really like

Weighty Issues, Time for Serious Fun, and July Bootcamp Challenge are a few of them..

as far as your eating... I do WW too, but I combine it with fitday.com. Keep track of EVERY bite you take... Also I would just suggest not getting frustrated too easily. Maybe you lose 5 and plateau for a while, get frustrated, and give up.. ?

anyhow, PM me if you like, I am sure any of the other ladies here would love to give out more suggestions and support =)
Old 07-23-2003, 08:04 PM   #3  
Empress/Queen

Hi!!! No advice other than to hang in there, Kemo Sabe!!! It's frustrating, but you've got some great health habits going and sooner or later, you'll reach your goal.

This is a great site for support. I currently hang at the 21-Day Challenge, Labor Day Losers and Emergency Weekend Foodwatch (if we do that one again this weekend)!!! But there are lots of groups going on with different kinds of approaches and support, so hope to see you on the boards!

Keep going!!! Never think you are running out of options, ok?

You can do it!!!!
Old 07-24-2003, 09:22 AM   #4  

S/C/G: s195/c176/g150

Thanks for the advice Amarantha. Maybe I'll check that Emergency Weekend Foodwatch!
Closed Thread