Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-22-2014, 12:19 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 307/286/175

Height: 5'3"

Default Need help getting started

I am need of some help. I have started and stopped my weight loss journey so many times in the last few years. When I start I feel great about everything that I am doing and the progress I am making. If I hit the smallest bump in the road I tell myself that life happens and just get back on track. Sadly the getting back on track doesn't seem to happen. I don't know how to get myself to believe that I am worth making this happen for myself. If anyone has any advice I would appreciate it.
cactusgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 12:35 PM   #2  
Obsessed

S/C/G: 265/230/175

Height: 5'5"

Joining this site was a great step. I read a lot more than I post here, but I do post when I am having a significantly hard time. The support is amazing, and if you really read what people share, it truly does help to keep you on track, help you refocus, or just gives you a little different perspective.

I am still in the learning process of how to be kinder to myself so I am right here with you. Stick around. Read some posts. Come as often as you need to for support.
CooCooCaChoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 01:46 PM   #3  
stop wishing, start doing

S/C/G: 215/185/155

Height: 5'7

Hey Cactusgirl you are in the right place I have felt the way you have and who knows I could be there again at any point! I have known for some time that I needed to make a change in my lifestyle but I would start eating healthy and get discouraged somehow and then make excuses and down that slippery slope I went. So where do you go from there..?

Maybe try to set smaller goals that can be met faster, this may give you the drive and will power to stay on track for longer periods of time instead of having one goal weight that seems so far from where you're starting.

The most important thing is to believe in yourself and to have only positive self-talk. Also think of the reasons why you want to do this in the first place. For me its about health and getting to the first time I will feel comfortable in a bathing suit or shorts. Those are 2 of my motivations, what are yours??
This is an incredibly difficult process but everyday I feel more energized, I say no to something I shouldn't eat, I find everyday tasks less of a strain because I am dedicated to being in shape and eating healthy. These are all great accomplishments for me and that's what keeps me going.

I hope this can help you because you are worth it cactusgirl and I will share a quote I saw on someone's signature because it has helped me!! Just remember that everyday is a new day to be the person you want to be you just have to live it!

"If you don't sacrifice for what you want, then what you want becomes the sacrifice."
xopeaceandlovexo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 01:58 PM   #4  

When you have a lot of weight to lose it is helpful for many people to make small changes over time. Instead of suddenly switching to 1200 calories a day of whole foods and hitting the gym five days a week it make work better for you to simply trim a few unhealthy habits at a time. Do you start the day off with a venti frappuccino from Starbucks? Cut down to a tall latte with no sugar instead. Do you eat fast food or unhealthy snacks alot? Start whittling those down.

Everybody wants a quick fix- when you are sick of being overweight it is really hard to take baby steps. But you may find it more sustainable in the long run to do so. I'm losing weight very slowly- I haven't even weighed myself in several weeks. I can feel myself getting stronger and fitter. I'm just concentrating on the process of making my relationship to food healthier rather than trying to cut down my calories or hit the gym.
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 02:16 PM   #5  
Black Barbie

S/C/G: 252/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusgirl View Post
I don't know how to get myself to believe that I am worth making this happen for myself.
This is the most important thing, far beyond an actual diet and health plan, that must be addressed and dealt with. The value of loving yourself and realizing the worth that you hold as a beautiful human being is priceless. Start with KNOWING that RIGHT NOW, at this moment, at this weight, YOU ARE IMPORTANT, VALUABLE AND BEAUTIFUL. Yes, we all want to make changes to better ourselves...that's fine and dandy. But losing weight does NOT add to your self worth. That worth will never change. That worth is ALWAYS there. Embracing your worth now will do wonders for you in the long run. Start with positive affirmations. Tell yourself you are worthy. Tell yourself you can do this. Tell yourself you are beautiful. Post it up on your walls, mirrors, anywhere where you can see it daily. Then start believing it!
Olivia7906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 02:44 PM   #6  

Height: 5'9"

Of course you are worth it, silly!!! Why would you think you aren't? Because you are overweight? Does that, in your mind, make you less of a person? If your friends and family were all overweight/obese, would that make you think they weren't worthy of your love until they whittled down? OF COURSE NOT!!!

If those around you are worth your love and devotion regardless of their size,why would that not apply to you? You should be infinitely kind to yourself, because without taking care of yourself, you won't be in any state, or even not around, to enjoy life. Don't you want to enjoy life? You deserve your own love. Hug yourself, and tell yourself you are working on your relationship, and that you will be kinder to yourself. Stop putting yourself down. Please!

You are not your weight, and your size is not relevant to how you should feel about your own worth. Get started again, and make every good choice knowing that you are doing something wonderful for yourself. Because good health is the one thing we should never take for granted. It is a blessing every day we get to spend trying to take care of ourselves, because that means we aren't too far gone! There is hope for all of us! YOU are the only person that can keep you from believing any of this stuff I wrote. It's not just about losing pounds, but more about taking really great care of ourselves.
Brandis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 04:31 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 246 / 246 / 180

Height: 5'6

This site is a fantastic resource ! You've come to the right place
chunkyguacamole is offline   Reply With Quote